Highlander

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRIMTO Salad

Jan 3, 2018
Ireland
Depending on how good you are at Soldier (Pocket) id suggest trying out for a 6's team, throughout my TF2 competitive backround Pockets are coming less and less common as the whole hitscan projectile class didnt sound appealing to alot of TF2 players which is understandable as I played as the Roamer throughout most of my time playing competitive, i switched to medic aswel for my last year playing.
Honestly i would stick with being soldier as Demoknight can only come in useful for certain situations and from what i've seen its mostly based on luck, Pyro is good and all but it does get boring very easily on Highlander because you are subjected to do only a couple of things and you cannot get distracted; As the pyro the main job is just to stay round the engineer and medic constantly spy-checking, aswel as that your team is also going to want you to be able to spy check and reflect projectiles from their soldier or their demo so it cant be a bit much and unless youre a God at reflecting i would stay away from that.

Might i suggest playing medic for a long time too, as you are going for a pocket with is kind of in the name to stay with the medic and become the combo that we all fear in our TF2 experiance, playing medic in your case will be to understand where you want your soldier to be and the rotations you're going to have to learn to go by if playing the pocket and what better way to do that playing medic himself.

Lastly i would suggest playing scout aswel for a significant time as this class is based on movement and hitscan weapons which is basically the same as the pocket class you are going for, sorry for going on like this it's I take it seriously when it comes to competitive as i was apart of it and honestly it was the best 2 years of my TF2 playtime, i have nearly 5000 hours and although not alot i was a quick learner and just generally enjoyed the game.

So basically go for 6's, all around much much better that Highlander, but give them a go yourself and tell me how you feel about them both after atleast 25 games of both, contact me if any questions pls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.