Resolved Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Haring

Honorary Member ★
Jul 2, 2018
Canada
Should the players within a server be able to vote to guardban or mute a player for a short amount of time until an admin comes? Sometimes, there are mic spammers and freekillers and I wish that I could start a vote to prevent these rule breakers from continuing. Even though we have the calladmin option, sometimes the admins are too busy dealing w/ something else or are unavailable. It is just a mere idea to the possibility of voting in Jailbreak. What are your ideas?

=WL= DeadlyJustice

Honorary Member ★
Aug 3, 2017
United Kingdom
VIP’s have the privilege to do votes however they should only ever be done when an admin definitely isn’t coming on and evidence is created.

The worry is that if the everyday player had this permission to do votes it could easily lead to abusive behaviour and false votes that lead to general chaos.

If there are no VIP’s to do call a vote or no Admin to come on, you can make a recording of the incident and report it on here (the Forums) to have the situation assessed.

The idea of people having a voting ability has been largely discussed in the past and TO MY KNOWLEDGE, it’s something that isn’t being considered at the present time.

Reactions: Wixxarion

Keith Haring

Honorary Member ★
Jul 2, 2018
Canada
VIP’s have the privilege to do votes however they should only ever be done when an admin definitely isn’t coming on and evidence is created.

The worry is that if the everyday player had this permission to do votes it could easily lead to abusive behaviour and false votes that lead to general chaos.

If there are no VIP’s to do call a vote or no Admin to come on, you can make a recording of the incident and report it on here (the Forums) to have the situation assessed.

The idea of people having a voting ability has been largely discussed in the past and TO MY KNOWLEDGE, it’s something that isn’t being considered at the present time.
Oh thank you, I didnt know VIPs could start vote. Ill keep that in mind next time!

Reactions: Wixxarion

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
I have multiple people adding me every day, because I am online early in the EU time zones, where no admins are online.

As Chris said it, VIP’s are able to call votes, which I am, so people actually call for me at times when admins don’t respond.

When people actually do so, I join if I feel like it’s important, if something indeed is wrong, I report it on discord, if no one responds I am allowed to take action (given i’ve waited an unspecified amount of time, which means I usually wait 5-8 mins, before doing anything, but ask set rule breakers not to. Time I wait increase during the day, considering the probability of an admin being online increases as time proceeds towards the afternoon)

Last edited:

Vladdleco

Forum Extremist
Jul 2, 2018
France (Baguette Land)
As Frussly said, VIPs are like admins but with smaller powers and some restrictions.
However, they are really useful when admins are not online and people on servers start doing things against the rules.
Giving powers to people that are not VIP nor admins will decrease the function of being a VIP and the utility of an admin becoming online.

I think it is definitely not a good idea to allow other people than admin and VIP have power over "normal" people even if it is by a vote.
However, I think it will be great if the !fire command would actually work because you can't get enough vote to slay a warden.
Sometimes wardens are just people freekilling that didn't even read the rules.
If, at least the !fire command works it will be great but allowing people to vote to kick/slay/teamban someone is too powerful.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
I think it will be great if the !fire command would actually work because you can't get enough vote to slay a warden.

Oh same, less votes would be great because it's often that the amount of votes needed is more than the total population of the red team, if there really is a problem warden that someone can't deal with then using !fire really should work.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Oh same, less votes would be great because it's often that the amount of votes needed is more than the total population of the red team, if there really is a problem warden that someone can't deal with then using !fire really should work.

I have a screenshot on my Pc where it needs 50 fucking Votes. How broken does it have to be?

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
I'd like to mention that VIPs are NOT admins with less power. In fact they should avoid using their powers as much as they can because of that reason.
Sometimes it just has to be done. VIPs powers are an absolute last resort. :catbox:

Status
Not open for further replies.