• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted 2 New Rule Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
1. Warden is the only one allowed to hit cell door, games, and gravity button unless given permission to. This will stop any possible freekills from turning mini games on, opening cells too early before full order was given, and so blues don't fight over gravity. I for one hate to have to keep saying warden hits buttons only and honestly feel like buttons besides door ways should only be accessed by warden unless he says otherwise.

2. When ordering reds to do something, the warden has to say red and can't use any sound alike words such as breds, ribs, beds, etc. Yes I do understand the good ol saying "well you should've listened better" however I see this as a bit unfair especially for any whose audio quality isn't the greatest. It just causes mass confusion and a lot of complaining after.

Feedback?

Reactions: Stao

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
i like it but blues or reds will still +use in console regardless
I think he means towards BLUs only (for this rule to apply), if REDs want to do that as an act of rebellion or to be closer to LR, I think they should be free to.

Will respond to other suggestions later.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
1. Warden is the only one allowed to hit cell door, games, and gravity button unless given permission to. This will stop any possible freekills from turning mini games on, opening cells too early before full order was given, and so blues don't fight over gravity. I for one hate to have to keep saying warden hits buttons only and honestly feel like buttons besides door ways should only be accessed by warden unless he says otherwise.

2. When ordering reds to do something, the warden has to say red and can't use any sound alike words such as breds, ribs, beds, etc. Yes I do understand the good ol saying "well you should've listened better" however I see this as a bit unfair especially for any whose audio quality isn't the greatest. It just causes mass confusion and a lot of complaining after.

Feedback?
Guards need warden's permission to open cells in the first place. I plan to add this as a clarification to the rules in the future.

As for the other things:

Suggestion 1:
I've never seen gravity changing cause much of an issue, however if REDs are doing a minigame like obby where it's reliant on jumping, then gravity can certainly rise to be an issue. However, if guards are just fighting over gravity, then they're most likely not helping warden anyway. Nonetheless, sure possibly.

As for games, I wouldn't be entirely against guards needing warden's permission to toggle on/off games, guards are designated to be helping warden and usually when they are toggling on/off minigames out of tune with the warden's orders, it's not helping warden. This is especially an issue with games that can only be turned on once or turning on a game too early in accordance to the warden's orders (i.e turning on a minigame whilst REDs are bumrushing into it, however if that caused lots of kills I'd disallow it anyway).

Suggestion 2:
Leaning towards being against this suggestion. It's on the REDs to hear the warden clearly. Of course if the warden is giving his orders clear or he's being overtalked that's a different story, but we can't be responsible for users not understanding orders properly or having bad audio quality if the warden clearly says "breads," "ribs," etc. Sure, it seemingly can be easily confused, and I personally don't like these types of orders, however if the warden is clear with ordering, then I'm fine with it.

TL;DR-
Suggestion 1: Gravity doesn't cause much of an issue from my experience, however there's instances I can imagine where it can, so perhaps. Disallowing for games sounds good.
Suggestion 2: Leaning towards being against this.

Would like more opinions.

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom

Feedback?
Some maps already have this feature just update the maps

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
I disagree with the first. Warden might as well just specify it. It doesn't happen that often for it to be implemented as a rule
Second one is a great idea if you ask me. Its stupidly hard to hear any difference, even for me who have suffered years of accents

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
I love to agree to the second one, and Ray brings a great point with audio quality of many players. Easy way to kill the confusion from that issue happening constantly, probably still happens today.

Pootiscow

TF2 community historian
★ Donor ★
Apr 24, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
I fully agree with the first one
It is extremely common for blues to just randomly press buttons for no discernible reason. It can ruin mini-games that only work once and is just annoying otherwise. The gravity button getting spammed happens at least one time every time the map comes up, as it causes performance issues/lag for some people(even noticeable for me when there are ~30 people) when it is on, however is fun to keep on.

As for the second one, Personally I would like to see it implemented, however it doesn't really fit with the "theme" of the servers IMO.
Wardens will often give trick orders such as, saying out of cell rebel is over, instead of out of cell rebel DAY and kill people who leave cells, or say a day is NOT over and do the same. Poor quality audio can easily lead to death because of these however they are allowed so it would seem inconstant to me to not allow one but to allow the others.

Dovydas

Aug 13, 2017
Lithuania
in minigames like obby gravity gets reset to the original so it dosent matter in games only while youre out of them unless theres another map appart from space jail that i dont remember
I've never seen gravity changing cause much of an issue, however if REDs are doing a minigame like obby where it's reliant on jumping, then gravity can certainly rise to be an issue. However, if guards are just fighting over gravity, then they're most likely not helping warden anyway. Nonetheless, sure possibly.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Votes seem mixed about this ruling:

So I'll restate my response to (hopefully) ignite discussion and reach a conclusion for this;

I am against adding this ruling. We have a rule against having poor mic quality as the warden, and neither is it on us for players being disadvantaged in-game by technical difficulties on their end. If the warden is giving this trick clearly, then it is on any RED who falls for it.

The only instance when this would be an issue and it otherwise is not handled by the rules is if someone has a heavy accent, but as @Pootiscow mentioned above, this is not an issue exclusive to this type of trick. (If anything, a ruling such as "Warden must be able to give his/her orders clearly" would be better than implementing this suggestion IMO, but that's a whole different topic.)

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
Votes seem mixed about this ruling:

So I'll restate my response to (hopefully) ignite discussion and reach a conclusion for this;

I am against adding this ruling. We have a rule against having poor mic quality as the warden, and neither is it on us for players being disadvantaged in-game by technical difficulties on their end. If the warden is giving this trick clearly, then it is on any RED who falls for it.

The only instance when this would be an issue and it otherwise is not handled by the rules is if someone has a heavy accent, but as @Pootiscow mentioned above, this is not an issue exclusive to this type of trick. (If anything, a ruling such as "Warden must be able to give his/her orders clearly" would be better than implementing this suggestion IMO, but that's a whole different topic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.