Accepted 2-year-old automated ban for playing on an internet-café.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tveeggaad

Jun 5, 2020
Ban link: https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:47521988&advType=steamid

Back a few years ago, I had a potato PC that could hardly handle any other games than minecraft so I resorted to playing on a nearby internet café called Escape Gaming.
Me and a few pals did a night-LAN every few weeks and one time I was bored of playing cs:go so I hopped on TF2. It was in the middle of the night so very few people was on.
I decided that because I finally had a good computer and pristine connection, maybe I can play on NA without getting insanely high ping.
Simply put, I was rejected before I even connected. Before even entering the server I was disconnected and the only explanation I got was a small box saying:
"You have been banned from this server.".

I would like to appeal this ban because I think it is unjustified. I believe that I was automatically banned for sharing IP adress with other accounts, which, yeah, I was playing on an internet café.. Thousands of people have used their own accounts and the café owns surely hundreds of accounts so that everyone can play the game they wanna play.
[Perhaps relevant sidenote(s): Some of their accounts have bans, and all cs:go accounts are unable to play competitive for some reason.]
[They use a special login system that values security so it is possible they are using VPNs.]

Anyways, I think what happened was that my account got caught in the crossfire between your anti-cheat and accounts previously used on that PC/ Network. - Leading to me being automatically targeted & banned by your anti-cheat with no explanation and no expiration.

All and all, I believe my ban was automated and unjustified and therefore I would like to ask to be unbanned. Thank you.
/Your boy, Tveeggaad.

(Also, your ban message told me to apply at elysium, you might wanna correct that.)

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Ex3gYcA.png

I would appreciate if you didn't make comments such as this that insinuate the staff are abusive.

But I digress. We used to have a system where accounts that were using the same IP address as banned account(s) would be auto-banned. We've since switched from this system for the many issues this brought up (e.g. VPN's, dynamic IP's).

While I know that you said you were using an Internet café, I would still like you to tell me if you have any association with this account, just to ensure all information has been covered regarding this ban appeal. Of course, being unresponsive will result in this appeal being declined.

P.S.
(Also, your ban message told me to apply at elysium, you might wanna correct that.)
We are aware of this and a fix is pending. Sorry for the original confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.