• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted 24/7 map change for 94.130.49.180:27016

Map changes for 94.130.49.180:27016 (Jailbreak ▬ Custom!)

• Other. (If this is chosen, please reply with your idea.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8006

To add onto why I don't support a !rtv or !nominate, players would change the map frequently, which would lead to many problems:
1. When someone chooses an LR, it will be wasted when the map changes.
2. The first few rounds would be bad, as some players need to download the new maps. This causes the first few rounds to be unnecessarily slow because of the map change.
3. The first round is pretty much a waste, even when players have the map downloaded. People who get into the new map quickest will start a new round, which everyone will be waiting while the 5~ players play the round.

Having a !nominate or !rtv feature is pretty much the same as map rotation, as players would constantly want new maps. That's why I stay on servers with no map rotation at all, so I don't have to worry about the following issues.

Horny Friend

Jun 21, 2020
wednesday
To add onto why I don't support a !rtv or !nominate, players would change the map frequently, which would lead to many problems:
1. When someone chooses an LR, it will be wasted when the map changes.
2. The first few rounds would be bad, as some players need to download the new maps. This causes the first few rounds to be unnecessarily slow because of the map change.
3. The first round is pretty much a waste, even when players have the map downloaded. People who get into the new map quickest will start a new round, which everyone will be waiting while the 5~ players play the round.

Having a !nominate or !rtv feature is pretty much the same as map rotation, as players would constantly want new maps. That's why I stay on servers with no map rotation at all, so I don't have to worry about the following issues.
1.Downloading the map Would only effect the new players that haven't Already downloaded the map And Downloading the map doesn't usually take that long you just have to be patient

2.Starting a new round is always going to be a waste and that's not a problem as it always end's really quickly

I doubt That people would keep Changing the map, they usually just stick to 1 or 2 Groups of maps that they would play.

D

Deleted member 8006

I doubt That people would keep Changing the map, they usually just stick to 1 or 2 Groups of maps that they would play.

I've been on other community jailbreak servers with a command and THAT happens. And it happens all the time too. So if this goes through, rip another server.

2.Starting a new round is always going to be a waste and that's not a problem as it always end's really quickly

So rip the person's LR and not care about the first round being a bad round? Ya, that's a no go for me. If someone gets an LR, it should go through. Not getting one because of a map change is just bad and not fair.

1.Downloading the map Would only effect the new players that haven't Already downloaded the map And Downloading the map doesn't usually take that long you just have to be patient

Well, even if they are new players, it still affects how the round goes. The first few rounds when a map starts is always slow because of that reason. And also, not everyone has a quick internet speed. Although a map might download quick for one person, it could take 1/2 an hour (Or even longer) for another person.

All of these are problems that happen with either a map rotation or a !rtv/!nominate system, which is why I am
not in favor of this at all.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Here's a couple reasons that are a causing me from going +1.

One that @The Orange Birb mentioned that i think i might elaborate, When players have rtv, most out of all times when someone says rtv this trash map, peer pressure will likely kick in having the entire do !rtv, when i also say "bad map" the definition can be quite loose. Some maps are bad because they are too big or too small, some are easy to rebel on and some aren't. It's impossible to know what map will be picked, but i fear that when people all rtv to another map, and let's say there's no countdown, there will be no need to go onto another map and will basically destroy what it was intended for dynf to be the only map. Eventually i feel that no one will play dynf anymore because the other maps simply exist, and then you'll have a rtd feature basically getting rid of what dynf was. I will agree dynf isn't perfect, but there are some things that do make me love the map. I feel like the server has a charm of being only dynf and its what makes it fun. I think the regulars makes the experience more enjoyable than the maps themselves, even if its a factor. I'm still not completely convince, but im getting there. For now its neutral leaning towards -1.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
If you don't like dynf then why the hell are you playing on it?
I would like to have different choices of maps without leaving my friends behind, most of them want this and so do I so we could all have fun exploring and playing new maps on the server we all play on together.
Post automatically merged:

I've been on other community jailbreak servers with a command and THAT happens. And it happens all the time too. So if this goes through, rip another server.

So rip the person's LR and not care about the first round being a bad round? Ya, that's a no go for me. If someone gets an LR, it should go through. Not getting one because of a map change is just bad and not fair.

Well, even if they are new players, it still affects how the round goes. The first few rounds when a map starts is always slow because of that reason. And also, not everyone has a quick internet speed. Although a map might download quick for one person, it could take 1/2 an hour (Or even longer) for another person.

All of these are problems that happen with either a map rotation or a !rtv/!nominate system, which is why I am
not in favor of this at all.
I see what you mean, so your main problem is an lr that doesnt go through, And if that was fixed, would you change your mind, Even in the slightest?
Also what LR can be so important that it HAS to move over to the next round, is it a very important LR, keep in mind you just need to survive one round to get it, so it isn't that difficult to retain it. What's the maximum that could happen? Someone losing their pokemon day?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8006

I would like to have different choices of maps without leaving my friends behind, most of them want this and so do I so we could all have fun exploring and playing new maps on the server we all play on together.

I see what you mean, so your main problem is an lr that doesnt go through, And if that was fixed, would you change your mind, Even in the slightest?
Also what LR can be so important that it HAS to move over to the next round, is it a very important LR, keep in mind you just need to survive one round to get it, so it isn't that difficult to retain it. What's the maximum that could happen? Someone losing their pokemon day?

Nope, LR is not the only problem, as I have stated. Even if that was fixed the other 2 problems remain, which can't be fixed. Also what @Kristaline. elaborated about the map constantly changing from the !rtv system.

I think it should stay how it is, which if you prefer map rotation/an !rtv system, LA is one of the good servers that do so. I completely hate map rotation/an !rtv system server and servers should stay on one map and not constantly change (Which I have stated the reasons why).

That's why I gave this a -1, I don't support it in any way.

Horny Friend

Jun 21, 2020
wednesday
Nope, LR is not the only problem, as I have stated. Even if that was fixed the other 2 problems remain, which can't be fixed. Also what @Kristaline. elaborated about the map constantly changing from the !rtv system.

I think it should stay how it is, which if you prefer map rotation/an !rtv system, LA is one of the good servers that do so. I completely hate map rotation/an !rtv system server and servers should stay on one map and not constantly change (Which I have stated the reasons why).

Im sorry but your making these Problems seem like a much bigger deal than they are, which they aren't, the problems your listing can be dealt with pretty easily and like i said,
People will just stick to 1 or 2 groups of maps that they want to play, and by then Most people would have already have these maps downloaded
Keep in mind, if someone wants to change the map that there currently playing on, almost all of there server has to vote to change the map for to actually be changed

Last edited:

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019

I have never seen you on this server, also it seems you have not read previous reasons, we want a map changing option but to stay with the same community. I can't magically move everyone on this server to LA, most of the people saying yes are old time players on the server that are sick of only dynf and want to explore other maps with friends. Also if the people want a map change they will get a map change, like horny said it requires almost all the server to start an rtv, and if the server wants another map there will be another map. It's not just one guy saying rtv and its immediately changed..

PROFIT

Chronic Bag Chaser
Admin ★
★ Donor ★
Jan 16, 2020
After reading what @thunder said, saying “Go to LA” isn’t the best thought process, however, I feel like in my opinion if the server had a map rotation similar to LA’s, it could drive some of the player base to NY to play dynf. If the server was changed to a unique pool of minecraft map rotations, that is something I would be extremely interested in and I feel others would be aswell. Some minecraft maps like the one with the village (I have no idea what its called) or the one with the mansion (also no clue what it’s called) are maps I do really enjoy other than ml castle, so when I do join LA when the map is being played, in my experience it always gets changed to a different map.

D

Deleted member 8006

Im sorry but your making these Problems seem like a much bigger deal than they are, which they aren't, the problems your listing can be dealt with pretty easily and like i said,
People will just stick to 1 or 2 groups of maps that they want to play, and by then Most people would have already have these maps downloaded
Keep in mind, if someone wants to change the map that there currently playing on, almost all of there server has to vote to change the map for to actually be changed

Well think what you want but I gave my side why this shouldn't go through. It's up to you if you want to vote for one side or another.

I have never seen you on this server, also it seems you have not read previous reasons, we want a map changing option but to stay with the same community. I can't magically move everyone on this server to LA, most of the people saying yes are old time players on the server that are sick of only dynf and want to explore other maps with friends. Also if the people want a map change they will get a map change, like horny said it requires almost all the server to start an rtv, and if the server wants another map there will be another map. It's not just one guy saying rtv and its immediately changed..

I've been on the LA server before the hour reset happened (Around 2018/2019) and other communities where it had either a map rotation or a map voting system (!rtv) and I know how it works. Once someone starts a vote, everyone usually just joins in the bandwagon and votes for a new map, causing a lot of map changes and leading to the problems stated. That's why I have completely stopped playing on servers with map rotation, which is why you don't see me on them anymore.

And both sides of the vote have old-time players (Me included). Saying that is pretty much useless.

As I stated above, I have given my reasons why this shouldn't go through and it is up to the person/community if they want to go with this or not.

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Map rotation, map rotation all the way.

To me who has been on that exact map for a bit over 500 hours its getting pretty repetitive, so a change would be nice.

What birb said is logical, but it just doesn't fit for me as my internet is unable to not lag at the other servers, some are an exception, but they are practically dead, so this is my only viable option.

notraname

Sep 16, 2019
Ive been playing on this map for so long its getting Dull, i think it would be way more Fun and enjoyable to play Something different
Yes you rebelling monster

If you don't like dynf then why the hell are you playing on it?
Because we know each other and have played there for alot of time

Well think what you want but I gave my side why this shouldn't go through. It's up to you if you want to vote for one side or another.

I've been on the LA server before the hour reset happened (Around 2018/2019) and other communities where it had either a map rotation or a map voting system (!rtv) and I know how it works. Once someone starts a vote, everyone usually just joins in the bandwagon and votes for a new map, causing a lot of map changes and leading to the problems stated. That's why I have completely stopped playing on servers with map rotation, which is why you don't see me on them anymore.

And both sides of the vote have old-time players (Me included). Saying that is pretty much useless.

As I stated above, I have given my reasons why this shouldn't go through and it is up to the person/community if they want to go with this or not.
I'm pretty sure Xene means old time (and active) players on that precise server

Last edited:

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
ok so, if what you are suggesting really is as popular as you claim, a better solution would be to make another server located at the same place with same settings except adding what you are suggesting here. then people who enjoy that better could play on that server without losing anything and the people who enjoy dynf can play on the regular 24/7 server. Dynf servers are popular for a reason, if people didn't like dynf the server wouldn't be as active as it is and therefore it makes no sense to change a server thats currently doing amazing to something else.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
ok so, if what you are suggesting really is as popular as you claim, a better solution would be to make another server located at the same place with same settings except adding what you are suggesting here. then people who enjoy that better could play on that server without losing anything and the people who enjoy dynf can play on the regular 24/7 server. Dynf servers are popular for a reason, if people didn't like dynf the server wouldn't be as active as it is and therefore it makes no sense to change a server thats currently doing amazing to something else.
Why would the admins create a fresh servers for people wanting an rtv system, and I'm pretty sure people like the server because of the returning players, and we cant move everyone there magically.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
Why would the admins create a fresh servers for people wanting an rtv system, and I'm pretty sure people like the server because of the returning players, and we cant move everyone there magically.
see I expected a reply like this, and if people don't even bother switching servers to a completely similar server but "better" system, then its not even worth changing the current server into a different type of server.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
see I expected a reply like this, and if people don't even bother switching servers to a completely similar server but "better" system, then its not even worth changing the current server into a different type of server.
I'm pretty sure you know the feeling im talking about, of being comfortable in one server, also even if we made a new server with the better system, you still don't understand that I can't just spread the IP and expect everyone that wanted this to move, like what I said before, some people are comfortable in one server.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
Thats a bad excuse to change the entire server into a different type, it clearly shows that its not a very important change. It simply makes no sense to turn a super active server into something else. It has always been dynf and thats why people are playing on it.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
Thats a bad excuse to change the entire server into a different type, it clearly shows that its not a very important change. It simply makes no sense to turn a super active server into something else. It has always been dynf and thats why people are playing on it.
If dynf is the reason people play on it, why did the majority of the server OG's pick to change it? When I say OG I mean old time players, why would they change the map they played on a lot? An example of getting comfortable with the people around you. The map dynf attracts new players but old players don't like it, I'm gonna remind you the default map before an RTV is dynf, and you need half the server to make the vote pass, why do you think all those people vote to rtv? Because they don't want the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.