• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined A different suggestion about cell wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
Cell wars is a key part of jailbreak and we all know that and it can never be removed but some reds do not like trying to get lr / rebel and a warden does cell wars when he has a bunch of guards, I think a rule should be implemented where there should be a certain ratio between blus to reds in order to do cell wars, I don't mind changing it but for now I'll leave my suggestion at:
A ratio of 1:2.5 blu to red ratio has to be made in order to initiate cell wars.
(Eg: 5 guards 15 prisoners, VALID. 6 guards 12 prisoners, INVALID. And for uneven numbers wardens may only round it down, eg: 5 guards 12 prisoners, INVALID. 5 guards 13 prisoners VALID.)

PBandJ

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2020
Tennessee, USA
Fat -1 for me chief. There's usually always an overflow of BLUs before the round starts before auto-balancing, meaning that a 1:2 BLU to RED ratio is almost always guaranteed, especially when the server gets very populated. I feel that this would make Cell Wars never able to be played, essentially softbanning it.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
Fat -1 for me chief. There's usually always an overflow of BLUs before the round starts before auto-balancing, meaning that a 1:2 BLU to RED ratio is almost always guaranteed, especially when the server gets very populated. I feel that this would make Cell Wars never able to be played, essentially softbanning it.
1:2 ratio is perfectly fine for the blus to hold off, they have guns, if there are a bunch of reds cellwars will come into play, no need to have all your guards ready with guns and you just make reds fight each other, please look at this from our viewpoint instead of just blus viewpoint.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Alright so i guess I will be doing this.

The case of softbanning cell wars. I find this a tad ridiculous. Here lets say what @Serp said. It makes some sense. But that's a normal round. Why would you need cell wars on a normal round? Now the days it is needed for is kids day overheal day etc. I know likely there is going more reds that blues. Ending in a 1:2.5 ratio or more. Since everyone will want to rebel and likely have a truce to kill blues. You will still do cell wars because the ratio is likely always going to be that way. Is what ive noticed. This isnt much of a softban. Just gonna stop some unneeded cell wars which is why i say +1.

PBandJ

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2020
Tennessee, USA
1:2 ratio is perfectly fine for the blus to hold off, they have guns, if there are a bunch of reds cellwars will come into play, no need to have all your guards ready with guns and you just make reds fight each other, please look at this from our viewpoint instead of just blus viewpoint.
the problem for me isn't the BLU's ability to kill, its the fact that the game would essentially be softbanned, as I rarely ever see that much of a guard to red difference in highly populated servers, where it would most be needed. It would be almost no different from removing the game entirely.

1:2 ratio
is almost guaranteed every round due to so many people always wanting to join BLU, but then getting auto'd.

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
the problem for me isn't the BLU's ability to kill, its the fact that the game would essentially be softbanned, as I rarely ever see that much of a guard to red difference in highly populated servers, where it would most be needed. It would be almost no different from removing the game entirely.

1:2 ratio
is almost guaranteed every round due to so many people always wanting to join BLU, but then getting auto'd.
I'm willing to change my suggestion, what will you position be if I made days an exception?

Buns

-
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 5, 2020
-1 I understand the idea and I think it is clever but the auto-balance system already makes teams 1:2 Blu to Red ratio. And the fact that you can only enable ff once every 3 rounds, cellwars is a rare occasion. Restricting that for blus and the warden won't support them in any way, nullifying cellwars way more than intended. and besides, not every blu will be perfect at aiming and will have the best situational awareness. and making the system to restrict friendly fire at a certain number of blus/reds will be difficult. (like other games such as arena)

D

Deleted member 8006

And the fact that you can only enable ff once every 3 rounds, cellwars is a rare occasion.

What @Buns said is pretty much what I was going to write. Because the rules made it so than things that involve turning on FF (Arena, Cell Wars, Etc.) can only happen every 3 rounds, Cell Wars and things similar to that barely happen. Adding this rule would pretty much make Cell Wars never happen, as you have to have a certain ratio in order to play it, which makes no sense IMO. Cell wars should happen in a round without having to worry about the ratio of players in a server, as Cell Wars is already restricted enough (Can only happen every 3 rounds).

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
When the entire red team is rebelling, cell wars can help the blue team.
1:2 ratio , blus have guns.. we have melee, a fucking pyro can shut down an entire red team by holding m1
Post automatically merged:

also maths cuz math also nobody will realize its a rule cuz no one reads the rules when they update
-1 because no one will realise its a rule? pretty stupid reason to -1, people noticed the new rules pretty quickly, and theres always an option to report

reason?

I dont know why yalls dont like cell wars, theres other rounds you know.

ah yes wait 8 minutes because a warden did cell wars when he has 7 guards and theres 14 prisoners, a lot of prisoners die off at the first few orders.

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
These are some sassy responses u got there :katalpha:
:huskytard:
I said -1 cuz i dont want the change and i think it's unnecessary
The only people who want cell wars to be less often or removed are people who die cuz they went spy or scout or some other weak class, or salty they always die. I dont think most people have a problem with cell wars on how it is.

Also have you never seen a chaotic red team before and no it doesnt take "a fucking pyro" to wm1 to shut down an entire team.

Also not many rounds will last 8 minutes because a lot of the reds die at the start if there is cell wars plus you can just do something while you are waiting for the next round or be patient

Also not everyone really has to give their reason on their vote, like having to explain why you dont like a certain food or vehicle when you can just say you just dont like it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.