Status
Not open for further replies.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Where do I start. Well I frankly wish I didn't have to write this out, but i feel I have to. I know no one is going to read this or really care, but screw it.

The problem of Jailbreak La. For one year I've been playing watching people come and go, filing reports, seeing the toxicity, and at one point being part of the problem. I want to apologize, for the toxicity I have brought to people into the past, my attitude and how it would negatively affect others. So Firstly, Im sorry.

A couple of you know I'm trans, well to be more specific, I was male and now I'm Female. When this is brought up In La Jailbreak a couple of things have happened so I might as well list out some positives, I've gotten a lot of help from friends on the server and some of them decide to respect my pronouns which are She/her. Ive gotten some cool nicknames including the Mom Of La Jailbreak due to my time on the server.
Now for the negatives. I've been mis-gendered a lot, and honestly it hurts, to be called something that you aren't anymore and that it can be brushed off so simple and without a second thought for my feelings. While it hurts to be called he/him, it hurts more when one of them says, "Yeah no, You are now it, and lets call It(me) It." With now the server barely recognizing the fact that im human as well, and that at least you should respect my pronouns. Then we have some people straight out disliking the fact that Im transgender and thinking that I shouldn't ever be recognized as female or even human, causing the entire server to who I am. Even though I've changed gender, shouldn't I decide if I'm human, If I'm female, not some person with his/her ideals of me. Then we have the simping situation. I don't enjoy simps and they do it for the sake to be funny, since now i'm female, might as well attach to her and see how far we can do this.

Im sorry for wasting so many peoples time, and @Eight thank you for changing the tide of the votes on my last application. Since im now here breaking out, breaking inside. And I want to thank you for your help. @Holly @T-Mobile 4G LTE Plans @Hypernova @UberCharge!! @Buns @Kyo Thank you for respecting my descision and helping me thru this.
@Socks thank you for all the advice in dms, i wouldnt be here if it wasnt for you.

So now is the question. Should I stay on La. I dont know If they're willing to change.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I understand where you're coming from, and while I think you know this already, if there's any transphobia, harassment, or hate speech, then you're free to contact staff for it.

But, as much as I don't like saying this, I think this will just always happen and you need to get used to it. People online (especially in online, FPS games) tend to be edgy, politically incorrect, and generally inconsiderate of others. Even if we ban players who are being toxic/bigoted and make an example of them, as long we have new players joining our servers (or repeat rule-breakers before they are permanently banned), we'll have people who are going to harass you.

Again, my best advice is to just learn to get used to it. I used to take to heart more insults online, but after a long while of moderation and encountering toxic people, I tend to just brush it off. The insults I'm getting are probably different than the ones you're getting though, since you're trans and so slurs directed towards you may be more personal than slurs directed towards me. But, in the end, they're both just people angry or trying to mess with you online. They don't mean anything in the end and they can even be funny sometimes. Just look at my wall of quotes on my Steam profile. I think if you try to make light of the insults people direct at you, then you'll feel much better. Laughter is the best medicine.

D

Deleted member 8006

The problem of Jailbreak La. For one year I've been playing watching people come and go, filing reports, seeing the toxicity

Ya the problem with toxicity is not only in the LA server. In the other servers that I play on (IL, NY, sometimes UK/Custom Servers), there are a lot of rule-breakers and toxic people. That's always going to be a thing, as people will join jailbreak servers without even reading any of the rules in the first place. I know it sucks, but they're gonna do it :/

So now is the question. Should I stay on La. I dont know If they're willing to change.

For this, it is up to you. I personally don't play on the LA servers because of map rotation, but if you are fine with map rotation, then I would stay on the LA server. However, as said in your post, it seems the toxicity there seems to be really bad, but as said above, it will pretty much happen in all jailbreak servers. It's up to you :/

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Again, my best advice is to just learn to get used to it. I used to take to heart more insults online, but after a long while of moderation and encountering toxic people, I tend to just brush it off. The insults I'm getting are probably different than the ones you're getting though, since you're trans and so slurs directed towards you may be more personal than slurs directed towards me. But, in the end, they're both just people angry or trying to mess with you online. They don't mean anything in the end and they can even be funny sometimes. Just look at my wall of quotes on my Steam profile. I think if you try to make light of the insults people direct at you, then you'll feel much better. Laughter is the best medicine.
That is true, and I've been trying to do that for a while, but It's interesting to see La change so fast because of one sentence, "Im now Female". But none the less, I will start looking at this in a more positive light. I don't really want them to break me, and in the end, I shouldn't really care about what they think of me if all it is that changed there mind was a gender change.

For this, it is up to you. I personally don't play on the LA servers because of map rotation, but if you are fine with map rotation, then I would stay on the LA server. However, as said in your post, it seems the toxicity there seems to be really bad, but as said above, it will pretty much happen in all jailbreak servers. It's up to you :/
Yeah, this was one the reasons I wanted to stay, One day I joined a server with uber and socks, and by accident socks said he, then i corrected him causing the entire server to question me and my existance as a human being. So I mean if this is gonna happen, might as well have fun in a familar place. Thank you for the help @Eight and @The Orange Birb

Reactions: Deleted member 8006
D

Deleted member 8006

That is true, and I've been trying to do that for a while, but It's interesting to see La change so fast because of one sentence, "Im now Female". But none the less, I will start looking at this in a more positive light. I don't really want them to break me, and in the end, I shouldn't really care about what they think of me if all it is that changed there mind was a gender change.

Yeah, this was one the reasons I wanted to stay, One day I joined a server with uber and socks, and by accident socks said he, then i corrected him causing the entire server to question me and my existance as a human being. So I mean if this is gonna happen, might as well have fun in a familar place. Thank you for the help @Eight and @The Orange Birb

Good that I could help! :)

But ya, as pretty much what I said and what
@Eight said, it will pretty much happen in all servers and in online games. Not sure if you have played any other FPS games, but the toxicity in games like Call of Duty and other online FPS games are pretty much always at an extreme, as it is competitive and some people will always rage for no reason. In their rage, they will find anything to make you upset, which is their goal for some reason (Trolls).

But remember, just because someone says something mean online doesn't mean it's true. As I and @Eight have stated, people will just say anything to get others angry and upset. My recommendation is to either fully ignore it or what I do, report them to either the forums or Discord. It sucks as it will pretty much happen all the time, but with the reports, they can maybe learn their lesson (Or at least be punished for it).

Reactions: Redds

Scorch

Overlord
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 24, 2018
Winterfell
Would like to say this. No matter how many insults you may receive. No matter how many threats you may endure. Understand that there are people there who genuinely love you for you. There are people who are more than willing to listen to you and to talk to you. Whenever you may feel down after receiving some flack be sure to surround yourself with people that you enjoy being around.

There will always be idiots online that prey on any small opportunity to make someone else feel unhappy about who they are. That's just the internet being the internet. Just know that no matter how bad things may get, there will always be someone there to make you feel better. You are more than welcome to message me whenever you're feeling down and I know for a fact there are plenty of others who are more than willing to talk to you when your feeling this way.

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
Don't feel bad yourself about someone called you he/him, some people think that only males play games though. The important thing for you is to enjoy your time with TF2, friends and conversation groups. We're always here to make you feel better and happy, even you're trans, we respect your gender and decision.

Remember Kris,
Happiness is the key to make your heart cheer

• Love
Reactions: Redds

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Thank you all for the help and the advice, I think I'll be staying on La Jailbreak for a while more, since of all the support I've gotten, who cares what some random has to think of me. If they think I suck just because I'm now female/trans, then that's not my problem. I went on today thinking it'd be bad, but I enjoyed my time playing on it. I think La can keep it's mom for a longer time.

R E Q U E S T I N G C L O S E.

Status
Not open for further replies.