Resolved A Series of Questions about the Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacifist

not a pacifist
Head-Admin ★★★
★ Donor ★
Jan 14, 2020
Like the little weirdo I am, I was scrolling through the rules only to come out with a series of questions which I was hoping I could get answers to. It's mostly the kind of thing of "Does this imply this" or me attempting to stretch the rules. I am sorry if it's a lot to answer or if it is more apparent than I am interpreting.
Thank you though for answering any questions if you do.
-----------
"You must wait for an order to be done to ask for a repeat." - Does this mean that any repeats requested during an order becomes null and void and should (in theory) be ignored?
-----------
"The warden must give one repeat per order unless a RED doesn't request it." - Can the Warden therefore simply repeat his order not at the request of the reds, and then count that as a repeat. E.g. "Bombrush to the blue line nearest in front of your cells. Bombrush to the blue line in front of your cells" and then if a red asks for a repeat the Warden can just simply state "I have already given one so I don't have to."
"Warden must specify if days are active if asked." - Can you just say "Yes" in answer to this? Or do you have to specify if there are multiple days? Or even exactly how many days there are.
-----------
"The last standing warden may choose if he wants to kill all RED team players or if he wants to finish the round without being last guard." - Does this apply if the Warden had been alive for the whole round, but the rest of their team died?"
-----------
"Guards must have a tolerable/satisfactory microphone for others to hear clearly.
  • The exception to this being if the guard team needs filling and there are no one with one willing to do so." - Is this an exception on have a decent quality microphone or an exception to having a microphone at all?
-----------
Does Last Guard apply on Freedays?
-----------
"They may not chase baiters." - If it is a revving Heavy or scoped Sniper, doesn't that count as chasing if you run at them while they are revved/scoped? Equally I am aware that chances are if the Sniper/Heavy is scoped/revving you are likely to be butchered, but I am just generally curious.
-----------
On the jailbreak MC maps (Minecraft night and Minecraft dynf), in the obstacle course there is a section where the Reds are raised up to a point where they could hit the Blues if the Blues happen to be near. If the Red hits the Blue, is it baiting or forcebait? This is going under the implication that "continuous progress" has not been issued.
-----------
"Pardoning one RED but not another for doing the same thing. (In this case kill them all or pardon all.)" - What if the situation was a 3 strike type of system, where 3 reds had rebelled the same way and you had pardoned them but that last red who rebelled in the same way you chose not to pardon, simply due to you having a mental 3 strike rule. If this still isn't okay, what if you announce "3 strikes", is it acceptable then and no longer favouritism?
-----------
"Examples of games that can be cheated/are not active minigames include but are not limited to:
  • Obby on Jb_minecraft
  • Minefield" - What about climb (I am afraid I can't recall the map name). At the end of the climb I am referring to, there is a large sand-coloured block with a finish line across it. Time and time again have I seen debate over whether you can cheat this by just running to the barrier by the block, or whether you had to get onto the block. If "finishing" is officially reaching the finish line one the block, then of course everyone who travels to the barrier is KOS, otherwise they technically win despite not reaching the finish line.
-----------
"Warden must say either "Simon says we're now playing Simon Says, Simon says I'm Simon," or "Simon says I'm Simon, Simon says we're now playing Simon Says." - I had checked with a staff member before but I had not noticed this rule, so apologies on that front. Regardless, I'll ask the same question here. Could you in theory start the round stating "Warden has been renamed to Simon", then at some point during the round announce "We are now playing Simon Says", does that count in the same way?
-----------
A debate I've heard many times, does the last red in Pokemon Day get LR if it reaches that point? I know many people commit to trainer vs trainer but it doesn't specify that that must happen in the rules, and of course due to the red trainer having an advantage - a technical freeday even - they would be KOS when there is only one other non-rebelling red to allow the last red to get LR. Equally, "Trainers on both teams pick fighters." does this mean Warden can actually be the fighter? Or even red teams trainer?
-----------
In Hide and Seek, when do the reds become KOS, when the 90 seconds is over or the moment the round starts?
-----------
I am sorry for the literal essay I have presented you with, this is more a 4 am spur I had decided to go on tonight and decided that I had a lot of questions that I had been needing to ask but never actually got round to. I am though very sorry for the overload of questions. I don't expect all of them to be answered, let alone in one go but regardless I look forward to any responses. Thank you!

• Katgazm
Reactions: Redds

Joyless (Seasonal?)

Dec 21, 2019
I’m not the best at interpreting rules and I’ll leave that up to staff but I will answer what I know.

For hide and seek using logic I would assume they are KOS after the 90 seconds as staff have told people not to kill before than such as a red hovering over breakable. They are only KOS when they enter the armory.

For the climb question I believe you are talking about the climb on jb supermario map. I believe the only way to cheat on there is to go pyro or have double jump as a scout since you technically did not reach the end of the course.

On the Obby courses if you so happened to stand there and a blue be above your head in your melee range in which you don’t have to move then I would assume it’s safe to consider it baiting but moving to hit them would be forcebait as they are not baiting by being in your melee range and not in any red side restricted area.

For the heavies and snipers revved in or scoped in without intent to kill a rebel question, yes, if a red is chasing or running at a revved or scoped in sniper it is considered as you chasing baiters but you can hit them with projectiles if they are baiting by revving or scoping in.

Yes, last guard applies on free days.

These are the ones I know for certain and if I do get something wrong then just try to correct me since it’s late and my brain is done for the day. I’ll leave the rest to staff since these rules do seem open to interpretation.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
1.yes. two. yes 3. no 4. yes 5. well use a projectile. 5. forcebait 6. i guess favortism 7. tech not the end 8. warden cant be renamed to something similar to simon 9. no lr on pokemon day 10. they are kos on sight unless outside of amoury until the countdown is over.( I would love to have a debate with you one day on rules)

Last edited:

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
"You must wait for an order to be done to ask for a repeat." - Does this mean that any repeats requested during an order becomes null and void and should (in theory) be ignored?
Repeats done during an order should be ignored to the best of the wardens ability, especially if the repeats are all flying in during the actual repeat. There should be a clear period of time where the warden specifies for a repeat to be made after an order, ideally.

"The warden must give one repeat per order unless a RED doesn't request it." - Can the Warden therefore simply repeat his order not at the request of the reds, and then count that as a repeat.
Repeats are only considered if called for by the /repeat,!repeat,/r and !r commands. The warden is absolutely free to give as many repeats as they want, freely.

"Warden must specify if days are active if asked." - Can you just say "Yes" in answer to this?
Yes, Warden is required to say if there are days active, but do not need to specify days. Generous Warden's can say the days if they want to. Aside from this, if there is more than one day active, they'd have to say there are day(s) . Once more, nice wardens can be more specific if they want.

"The last standing warden may choose if he wants to kill all RED team players or if he wants to finish the round without being last guard." - Does this apply if the Warden had been alive for the whole round, but the rest of their team died?"
So long as there was always more than just the warden and one other blue (i;e a minimum of 3 but more ideally) on the blue team for the entire round, the warden can then choose to UNwarden, to become last guard to kill all. The last blue/current warden can decide to also continue the round and not kill all.

"Guards must have a tolerable/satisfactory microphone for others to hear clearly.
  • The exception to this being if the guard team needs filling and there are no one with one willing to do so." - Is this an exception on have a decent quality microphone or an exception to having a microphone at all?
It falls into both categories, but essentially equivalent to not having a mic at all.

Does Last Guard apply on Freedays?
This answer was incorrect before and too long for no reason :> The answer for Freeday for All , Yourself and Others is yes, Last Guard applies.

"They may not chase baiters." - If it is a revving Heavy or scoped Sniper, doesn't that count as chasing if you run at them while they are revved/scoped? Equally I am aware that chances are if the Sniper/Heavy is scoped/revving you are likely to be butchered, but I am just generally curious.
Chasing baiters usually applies to having to use your movement keys to hit a baiter. When inside a cell, reds may temporarily ignore wardens orders to chase a blue out of their cell to stop them baiting, but may not leave if it contradicts orders. If a blue is in a cell. they're baiting, and While Still In Cells, you can chase a blue.
Under no circumstances may you use movement keys to hit a baiter that is not directly in your way, if you are required to move. Warden should be mindful of what their blues are doing in terms of a group of reds, whether its revving up or scoping in.

On the jailbreak MC maps (Minecraft night and Minecraft dynf), in the obstacle course there is a section where the Reds are raised up to a point where they could hit the Blues if the Blues happen to be near. If the Red hits the Blue, is it baiting or forcebait? This is going under the implication that "continuous progress" has not been issued.
Reds can make continuous progress and still hit blues while inside Obstacle Course on those maps. If a Blue is standing in melee range at the point you specify, it's the blues problem for standing there. The blue would be baiting.

"Pardoning one RED but not another for doing the same thing. (In this case kill them all or pardon all.)" - What if the situation was a 3 strike type of system, where 3 reds had rebelled the same way and you had pardoned them but that last red who rebelled in the same way you chose not to pardon, simply due to you having a mental 3 strike rule. If this still isn't okay, what if you announce "3 strikes", is it acceptable then and no longer favouritism?
The system currently in use is basically a trust system between the warden and the red team. The warden either feels generous to avoid killing someone for accidentally not crocuhwalking for half a second. Or doesnt wanna fire a stickybomb into a crowd.
Putting a limit of 3 strikes on the team as a whole would unbalance the trust system in place, and people would take advantage of rounds soon thereafter, making Jailbreak less fun. Usually, Wardens give less than 3 chances/pardons in any given round as it is.
With the way the rules are, not adhering to the rules he have laid out would define your mental rule as favortism and wouldn't sail so well.
HOWEVER: Announcing this as a day may work better. Announcing that you will only give the team a few chances rather than freely pardoning all reds at any time may work. It may not. I personally do not advise doing so. Our system works.

"Warden must say either "Simon says we're now playing Simon Says, Simon says I'm Simon," or "Simon says I'm Simon, Simon says we're now playing Simon Says." - I had checked with a staff member before but I had not noticed this rule, so apologies on that front. Regardless, I'll ask the same question here. Could you in theory start the round stating "Warden has been renamed to Simon", then at some point during the round announce "We are now playing Simon Says", does that count in the same way?
Simon Says is played in a select way so that it's clearly identified whether the game is being played or if the warden is attempting to do a trick order on the reds. The warden being renamed to Simon would not interfere with Simon Says;
The order that the game Simon Says is being played, is an order that overwrites the warden being NAMED simon.
If the warden then gives an order, during Simon Says, without prefacing it as Simon Says (order), and kills a red for not complying, the warden would have freekilled.
(example: warden: simon says jump. reds: jump. warden: crouch. one red: crouches. In this situation, that red would be kos, but if the warden says theyre not because the warden was renamed to simon, it would be wrong. the red would be kos.)

A debate I've heard many times, does the last red in Pokemon Day get LR if it reaches that point?
No LR is given at the end of a Pokemon Day LR, or a Pokemon Day custom LR, as they are played identically.
"Trainers on both teams pick fighters." does this mean Warden can actually be the fighter? Or even red teams trainer?
The rules do say that by default, the Warden is automatically the pokemon trainer for blue team. Trainers being the ones that have to send out their pokemon, aren't themselves pokemon and can't be sent out. ( my previous entry for this answer was misinformed and incorrect). The Blue trainer cannot also be the Red trainer, for the sake of player management.
If Red team trainer doesn't choose a pokemon in reasonable time, the Warden is then responsible to choose to avoid wasting round time and avoid delaying.

In Hide and Seek, when do the reds become KOS, when the 90 seconds is over or the moment the round starts?
Technically, they're KOS from the start. BUT. This is only when they break into armory/blue spawn area, which is kos. Whether they attempt to take ammo or not, that's kos. If the blues can, while remaining in the armory/blue spawn area, hit a red in a kos location ( the room behind armory in jb_minecraft maps) then they can do that too. Once the grace period is over, then the reds are kos til the last, UNLESS the last red is in a location that would have made them KOS in any round (the area behind armory in jb_minecraft maps or the armory at round end).

I love to type and don't know when to shut up so don;t worry. Caught me at a good time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.