About my time with pizzabot

Lord Vader

Honorary Member ★
Nov 5, 2020
I'll try to keep this brief as possible.
Where it all started.
Back in February, I heard about this new mvm group rising up, called pizzabot. Intrigued, I decided to give it a shot. I soon learned that it was mainly a group made to combat tacobot, another mvm group, but filled with much toxicity; up to the point where they made a "kicklist".
A short summary of what pizzabot was.
Pizzabot is mainly an anti-toxicity group that supports mvm noobs, non-toxic pros, and gas passer pyros. It is worth mentioning that they also supported PvE cheaters; however, PvP cheating we did not support. There were some in the group (including myself) that did not use cheats at all.
What our goal was.
We aimed to make mann up mode a safe and toxicity-free experience in TF2. Unfortunately, there are a lot of toxic people in mvm, mostly ones with the highest tour numbers, and they would grief the game via airblast griefing (bomb to hatch, server hostage, ect.) So, if we encountered one of them, we would call a kick vote on them so they wouldn't grief any longer. We would also inform others about said griefers.
Why I left.
July 9th. Our group leader has been community banned on steam. I quickly became paranoid that other members would also recieve a ban, so I made the call to shift to neutral.
Conclusion
So, there you have it. A little info about the group I was associated with, and their goal.

Reactions: floot_guy

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
Quite informative
Boot Camp was always toxic. People would always get vote-kicked randomly.
It's always a better option to form parties to complete a tour. This is why people prefer bots and cheaters over toxic people on mvm cuz at the end of the day, you will always benefit from it.
I don't recommend encouraging cheaters tho.