• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Add dispensers back for engi in jailbreak

Should Engineer building be brought back to Jailbreak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I'm also really not looking forward to seeing blue engies block reds with dispensers, block buttons with dispensers or possibly keep doors open with them if thats even possible.
^ This.

I know I already said this, but I want to reiterate: When BLU Engineers could still build Dispensers, I saw them use it for blocking alternative entryways to Armory. This is borderline, if not full-on Armory camping, and either blocks out a RED or forces them to destroy the Dispenser and alert BLUs. The latter goes against the principle we've been following of rebelling REDs having anonymity, like how kills by REDs are hidden from the killfeed.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that placing buildings is similar to Sticky-trapping (which we don't allow) in the way that they can be operated separately from the player who places them. Imagine a Demoman Sticky-trapping a secret ammo spot vs an Engineer blocking it with a Dispenser. It's not very different.

Rebuttal: We can just disallow this type of behavior then and enforce against it. I mean, a lot of things in Jailbreak can go wrong already, so is this anything new?

Yeah, but to what gain will adding Dispensers be over these new issues that staff will need to deal with, on top of the already long list of things that could go and do go wrong in Jailbreak? So Engineer is slightly less useless? As I said in my original post, yes Dispensers could serve useful, especially on days such as War Day. However, as Kokostal pointed out, Engineer will still be pretty useless otherwise. Furthermore, even with Dispensers, Medic is a more mobile and effective alternative to healing.

The only way Engineer (without being completely revamped) could be a viable class in Jailbreak is if he could build Sentries and Teleporters, but those can't be allowed for obvious reasons. He is sort of just doomed to be useless given the nature of Jailbreak.

Needless to say, I'm now voting -1.

Reactions: Ex-User (7989)

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
sappers on jb are useless why don't we put back teles and disp back?
So are other weapons, but we shouldn't add stuff just in the interest of making sappers useful.
^ This.

I know I already said this, but I want to reiterate: When BLU Engineers could still build Dispensers, I saw them use it for blocking alternative entryways to Armory. This is borderline, if not full-on Armory camping, and either blocks out a RED or forces them to destroy the Dispenser and alert BLUs. The latter goes against the principle we've been following of rebelling REDs having anonymity, like how kills by REDs are hidden from the killfeed.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that placing buildings is similar to Sticky-trapping (which we don't allow) in the way that they can be operated separately from the player who places them. Imagine a Demoman Sticky-trapping a secret ammo spot vs an Engineer blocking it with a Dispenser. It's not very different.

Rebuttal: We can just disallow this type of behavior then and enforce against it. I mean, a lot of things in Jailbreak can go wrong already, so is this anything new?

Yeah, but to what gain will adding Dispensers be over these new issues that staff will need to deal with, on top of the already long list of things that could go and do go wrong in Jailbreak? So Engineer is slightly less useless? As I said in my original post, yes Dispensers could serve useful, especially on days such as War Day. However, as Kokostal pointed out, Engineer will still be pretty useless otherwise. Furthermore, even with Dispensers, Medic is a more mobile and effective alternative to healing.

The only way Engineer (without being completely revamped) could be a viable class in Jailbreak is if he could build Sentries and Teleporters, but those can't be allowed for obvious reasons. He is sort of just doomed to be useless given the nature of Jailbreak.

Needless to say, I'm now voting -1.

I'm for dispensers and just have a rule that BLUs cannot block armory entrances with them. I still think the Dispensers would be a relatively easy thing to deal with tbh.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.