• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Add dr_bearun_b3

Suggestion

• Add dr_mlg_bearun_b3_fix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other. (If this is chosen, please reply with your idea.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
This map is one huge parkour map that is highly populated in numerous deathrun server I can name from the top of my head. It would be nice if this was taken into consideration that this deathrun map would be added to the rotations.

Pros
- work on your parkour abilities
- No glitches
- Takes the average deathrun player to complete the course , except the last obstacle where you require more skill to do.
- A pool easter egg
- A island easter egg

Cons
- There used to be a minor bug where the reds can glitch into the blues spawn and kill the death but It is patched on this current version I'm pretty sure.
- The mini games select at the end are not the greatest ones out of all the deathrun maps.

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
There are already so many deathrun maps that I think more would just confuse / discombobulate newcomers. I don't think a new deathrun map with the same principles as any other map is that beneficial. -1
But this map is different from every other map , all the other maps have things like getting to certain places to just teleport to the next area/obstacle . This map is a straight line where you only go forward i don't think it would be tricky for any new players.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
So, I used to be a good deathrun fan before My start on wonderland and my start on LA Jailbreak. I would go on retro and We would play this map A lot. As you can tell Im writing this text in green. Reasoning is that I loved this map on retro and would love to see this map on wonderland nevertheless imma do what I always do.

Pros- Fun map and midly challenging
(insert all of the pros that @Blizzard has stated)

Neutrals- Can be pretty difficult at times, but practice makes perfect.

Cons-(Insert what blizzard said)

Can be highly discouraging to newer deathrun players and with the traps added. Can be near impossible to finish this map.
Regarding the issue of the glitch, I recall this a bit. I'll be checking this in hammer when I have the time or when I feel like it. However this is still quite interesting to bring up.

Sadly While I highly regard this map In my opinion. I must agree with preacher. It could discourage a lot of people and knowing the higher experienced players would likely want to play this map. Then this map would show up a lot. Sadly -1.

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
A corridor parkour map that has a secret where reds can enter blue spawn and kill the activator (if I'm thinking of the right version, it has been a while since I absolutely refuse to play on this map. I'll decompile and take a look later). Yes the map is a challenge, and I'm sure that's what they were going for, but compared to other parkour maps, this one doesn't feel rewarding when you beat a difficult area. Furthermore, even if you beat the map, all the endings are a bit crap, so even beating the map feels like a waste of time.

As for the argument of new players, yes it's obvious where they have to go, but I think it's a bad example of what deathrun is and/or can or should be. Safety first does a good job at showing off what deathrun is; it's clearly a place with a hazardous environments that you need to survive. Bearun, a loooong corridor map where traps are obvious only about 50 percent of the time. Other 50 percent, you don't know if it was your fault of if the activator did something.

Side note: yes I know, me complaining about corridor maps is a bit hypocritical, but since the days of multirun I've improved.

TL;DR I really really dislike this map. I have full respect for the creator and whatever, but the map, I absolutely despise. -1

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
Mlg bearun is just a harder version of the original bearun.
Bearun the normal version is not even hard i can speed run it in like 2.5 minutes on a freerun.
We already have neonoir and technoir also playstation as thunder stated. Majority of the server can complete these maps as i have realised.
If it's something to do with individual skill then we can't speak for everyone.

I don't see any issues with having a more challenging map , i would not mind taken the original or the mlg version

sunstep

★ Donor ★
May 17, 2020
Lian Yu
+1 basic map with a lot of parkour. however the trap before the last trap needs an indicator.
Post automatically merged:

So, I used to be a good deathrun fan before My start on wonderland and my start on LA Jailbreak. I would go on retro and We would play this map A lot. As you can tell Im writing this text in green. Reasoning is that I loved this map on retro and would love to see this map on wonderland nevertheless imma do what I always do.

Pros- Fun map and midly challenging
(insert all of the pros that @Blizzard has stated)

Neutrals- Can be pretty difficult at times, but practice makes perfect.

Cons-(Insert what blizzard said)

Can be highly discouraging to newer deathrun players and with the traps added. Can be near impossible to finish this map.
Regarding the issue of the glitch, I recall this a bit. I'll be checking this in hammer when I have the time or when I feel like it. However this is still quite interesting to bring up.

Sadly While I highly regard this map In my opinion. I must agree with preacher. It could discourage a lot of people and knowing the higher experienced players would likely want to play this map. Then this map would show up a lot. Sadly -1.
i disagree with your comment because this server has a really long cooldown before maps can be played again. in my opinion it's way too long so i will have to make a thread on that too. but it wouldn't be a problem if it takes hours anyway before we can play it again. if you look at skial the map cooldown only takes 2 maps before it can be nominated again and for some reason nobody complains about maps like neonoir or playstation being overplayed

sunstep

★ Donor ★
May 17, 2020
Lian Yu
the only way to do it is if death hits a pole thats behind him in the spawn, otherwise it's not possible so it wouldn't be a problem at all if it was still a thing. so basically it's death's decision wether he wants to let red people to his side. that would be his problem if he gets killed.

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
Not going to lie, I think adding both maps is a terrible idea. I've seen it more than enough times happen on panda, and it usually results in large portion of people leaving. If we're going to add bearun, make it only one of them. Although really I just don't like the map in general so whatever.

sunstep

★ Donor ★
May 17, 2020
Lian Yu
Not going to lie, I think adding both maps is a terrible idea. I've seen it more than enough times happen on panda, and it usually results in large portion of people leaving. If we're going to add bearun, make it only one of them. Although really I just don't like the map in general so whatever.
ah yes that could be true because it's a difficult map

Status
Not open for further replies.