• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Add FragRadio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounty

Sep 11, 2020

I know, I know, most people don't mind dancing Hoovies and Engineer sirens as their frag music. But sometimes you just want to enable Doom Eternal OST and rip and tear every damn Sniper you see on your way. That's why FragRadio supposedly should come in handy.

Bounty

Sep 11, 2020

These radio mods are kind of pointless in my opinion and have very low quality music. Just use Spotify or a music bot in the discord.
From my experience listening to music thru discord takes more than a gigabyte of RAM. And I'm not even taking into consideration the fact that even on good PCs Hat Simu- Ahem, Team Fortress 2 already lags, no matter how much you optimize. The only way to fix that would be Team Comtress 2, but only when it's merged and all.

Aldash

Forum Extremist
Aug 12, 2017
Scotland
From my experience listening to music thru discord takes more than a gigabyte of RAM. And I'm not even taking into consideration the fact that even on good PCs Hat Simu- Ahem, Team Fortress 2 already lags, no matter how much you optimize. The only way to fix that would be Team Comtress 2, but only when it's merged and all.

55.7mb of ram usage while listening to a song through groovy bot on the wln.tf discord.

Tronger

Commander in stupid
★ Donor ★
Sep 29, 2019
The Badlands
-1 As noted by aldash above it just seems like a Useless Mod to add when you can always use discord or Spotify. On another note, I believe that these types of mods as suggest could take up the bandwidth needed to connect to certain servers and this could be a problem for people connecting from The other side of the world and since it would be such low-quality sound I don't think people would be willing to sacrifice bandwidth for low-quality sound.

Bounty

Sep 11, 2020
-1 As noted by aldash above it just seems like a Useless Mod to add when you can always use discord or Spotify. On another note, I believe that these types of mods as suggest could take up the bandwidth needed to connect to certain servers and this could be a problem for people connecting from The other side of the world and since it would be such low-quality sound I don't think people would be willing to sacrifice bandwidth for low-quality sound.
To finish off this thread, it appears that FragRadio's servers have closed. Remaking the servers from scratch would require too much time and resource for wonderland.tf team.

Status
Not open for further replies.