Declined Admin Application | Jellal

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Jellal, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jellal

Jellal Wizard Saint ★ VIP ★

Requirements:
    • No VAC/Game ban(s) on record []
    • Clean [+]SteamREP []
    • No active bans on the community []
    • Member in our steam group []
    • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) []
    • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 600+ hours []
    • No limited/F2P Steam account []
    • Forum account created at least 2 weeks prior to the application []
    • Sufficient English skills [] *
    • Server connection time: 48+ hours [] *
    • Owning and actively using a discord account [] * - I may not always be extremely talkative in groups and such but I’m still very active in checking Discord in general. Let me know when I'm freed from the isolation cage, please and thank you.
    • No private Steam profile [] *
    • Sufficient forum activity. (At least 15+ posts!) [] * - Ironically enough this small requirement was possibly the toughest one since it's quite difficult to post without looking like you're just trying to farm posts. Necro posts aren’t my thing.

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): 18 (08/09/1999)

SteamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072750346
    ( gameME: https://wonderland.gameme.com/playerinfo/168845 )

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes. It's been acting up slightly as of late, but it's still very functional as far as I’m aware.

How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): Tough one. I'd say about 8 or 9-ish.

Will you be able to help donate monthly?: This doesn't sound like an impossible or outrageous task, I'm sure it's doable.

Questions:

Before I proceed with the questions I'd like to make you all aware that the format, or 'template' if you will, has been edited in this application. Don't worry, I have not done this on a whim, I asked for permission. I have not removed or added any questions, I have simply merged questions 3, 4 and 8 because I would like to address them all at once. I've therefore moved them down to the bottom just above the extra info section.

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

I have a ton of time on my hands. Quite possibly too much. In all honesty, it depends on the day. However, even on a normal weekday I'd be able to be on roughly just after noon. So on the vast majority of days, I'd be available to handle reports from about 12:30 PM CET all the way 'til the late evening. The lenghts of my sessions vary, of course, and I don’t always spend all day or multiple hours in the same one. It does mean that I’m very much available though.

~12:30 PM CET - AM

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:

I have indeed held several positions in other communities before. The first community I ever joined was called Mhkek's Community, and I believe it was in 2013. After that I found my way to MN Gaming in 2014 and stayed around those parts until I eventually permanently left it after getting the rank of Employee (MN's equivalent of Wonderland's Head Admin). After MN went downhill I started to play CS: Source quite a lot and got invited to a community called Surfburken. Was an admin there 'til I was promoted to Head Responsible, which was essentially a community manager role. I've also been a server admin in Fortress of Gamers, but that run was cut short due to an increased amount of work in real life. All in all, I've got a few years of combined experience of general moderating and community work.

3. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:

So far I've been very much into the 'main' EU trade_plaza server, and I'm quite certain almost all of my playtime is on there. It's just one of those maps I feel like I can go on without bringing friends with me since, as a player at least, I'm a bit of a lone wolf. However I'm quite the allrounder in terms of what game modes I know and can handle. Due to my previous experience with community work I'm familiar with almost all of the modes that Wonderland has to offer. While I'll fully admit that my 'server pool' appears small and that it does certainly not look ideal, I should be more than than capable of assisting on all kinds of servers. Though I'll admit that Jailbreak is basically the bane of my existence.
    As for what times I play, it really varies. As it has been for the past few weeks I've been playing when I've felt like it. This has ranged from early days to evenings. I'm very flexible with times, so it is no issue at all. I’m fully able to hop in-game whenever it is needed, as long as I’m at the PC.

4. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:

Yes, essentially all of my previous admin experience has been connected to SourceMod, and I know its ins and outs very well by now.

5. How have you supported the community so far?:

This is a question that's slightly difficult to answer without just bringing up the common things. I've donated for VIP+ and have sent in multiple reports using /call when it's been necessary. The VIP+ perk to be able to vote-whatever players has come in quite handy with helping other players with very minor issues, though I'll have to admit that it's a bit inconvenient compared to actual admin powers. I make it a point to every now and then review the rules to keep them well memorized, and I’ve so far had no trouble sharing the knowledge of them with others in-game. I have and am still also keeping a constant look out for things that I may be able to suggest changes to or possible improvements about. While I've got some ideas, we'll just have to see if I bring them forward or not.

6. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community? + How would you improve the community/servers overall? + Why should we accept you into the team?

To start this part off, let's begin with some honesty. I cannot actually provide any more 'guaranteed' answers than y'all can. As it is right now, the best thing I can give you is pure speculation.

What I can say with certainty is that I'd do my very best wherever possible. I may not always be great, and I'm far from a saint, but those who know me somewhat well know I'm the local preacher for effort and dedication. I don’t think I’m some revolutionary human being, but I know I’m a very reliable person when it comes to bearing a burden of responsibility regarding what is fair and just. I feel like the biggest upsides, or perhaps rather the most positive effects, would be that I'm a great promoter of justice and due to the activity I can manage to keep up I could help quite a bit with the amount of reports I'm sure you're all already getting, thus carrying my weight with easing your workload.

As for why I should be accepted, this is not up to me, and I feel like if I actually come up with an answer, I'll reek of self-confidence. I'm not submitting this application with any high hopes. I'm leaving it up to you all, that if you think I could be of any assistance you'll be able to judge that just fine. I do not consider myself better than any other applicant, I'm just here to do my best. If anything, there's also points that could be made against me and I fully realize this. I'm still quite new to this place, for one. At least new to the forums as I've occasionally been coming to these servers since even before what my gameME sessions say. In any case I'm new to most of you, and I haven't yet even met all of you. Though the people I have had the pleasure to meet have been nothing but great and I'm looking forward to meeting some more people here in the near future.

It's easy to randomly hop on a server and all of a sudden there's either complete chaos or people just screaming at eachother. These are the kinds of small situations that you just feel that it's barely even worth using /call for since there's most certainly other situations going on at the same time, and sometimes y'all might just be doing other things and taking care of other business. In short, I have no bad intentions with this application, even if someone could think it's 'rushed' or something like that. A lot of staff members across gaming communities seem to be very fond of the idea of 'new staff members should bring something new to the table', but I kind of disagree with this mindset. I truly just want to provide a boost to what's already considered a good thing, an even faster and more active force to deal with issues and ensure that the established rules are being followed.

I’m a firm believer in simple justice and active administrating. In no way have I tried to sully the quality of the work that the current staff is doing as I have no ill to speak of it, and I’ve mainly had nothing but good experiences with the admins I’ve encountered, but I’m sure we can agree on the fact that any increases to activity and response times are actually not all that bad.

7. Anything else you want to tell us, maybe about yourself? (extra info):

Hey. I apologize if I made you almost fall asleep with my rambling, I do wish I could provide a tl;dr. Regarding my availability, I'm not the kind of person you'll find heading out with friends on a Friday night. I like to keep to myself and I value my personal space a lot, but please don't let that make you believe I'm not able to be a team player.

Something else about myself I've understood is that my personality may be complicated sometimes. I can be argumentative and stubborn, although I'd like to mention that I value those times. To put it simply I feel good about getting invested in something. I like to consider myself a rather composed and collected individual most of the time, though I do enjoy messing around with people as well. However, this may be hard to notice since I rarely go out of my way to add emoticons and such. I’m an avid user of sarcasm and I somehow have an easy time managing to seem mad or provocative (though this is occasionally my way of having a little bit of fun, especially with people I know). However this is not the case at all, I’m really quite slow to anger and I’d like to say I’ve got good toleration levels.

If there are any questions for things I've accidentally left unexplained, please do ask them. Again, I apologize if these chunks of text have left you bored. I truly appreciate your time. Hope you’ll find it in you to excuse the fact that I’m still rather new to the forums and at least grant me the privilege of consideration.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Eight

Eight 「RESTLESS」 Super-Admin ★

Neutral
    There's a lot to unpack here so let me begin with the positive points. The application looks solid upon first viewing, though in general I'm not factoring it in a whole lot to this verdict. I do find appealing you having previous experience with administration & SourceMod, along with your extensive experience & skill with TF2, as it'll allow you to properly detect & deal with cheaters. You did join the community relatively recently, according to what I've found in your chat-logs, however given it's been ~1 month(?), and you've gained quite a bit of activity, I don't mind all that much.

Here are my primary concerns though: Conferring with others regarding this application, and of your past staff role at MN, I was notified of bad past behavior regarding engaging in drama, argumentive/"salty" behavior, etc. I was never in MN nor am I detailed on specific situations/drama you engaged in. Going over your chat-logs to review more current behavior, I do find some instances of arguing (or at the very least, somewhat heated discussions with others), though as time progresses, it seems to lessen in severity. However, I do find two things concerning that I'd like to hear your response for:

• I've noticed you and Wizard discussing a lot about Sanxis abusing, and you mentioned this in your chat-logs, making a remark about him abusing like a "14 year old who just got admin." Mind explaining this situation, perhaps if it's been resolved, what happened, etc.?
    • I noticed you talking to H4k, a user who is supposed to be banned on our serves for cheating, in your logs. Mind explaining why you decided to casually talk to him instead of notifying staff that he was avoiding punishment? I'd like to assume that you were just unaware he was banned, which is reasonable as it's not something widely known, though it's still concerning to find this in your logs & if you could provide me the alt they were using to play, that'd be great.

3. Jellal

I'll be glad to respond to both those points, of course. I appreciate you bringing them forward.
    • This is entirely correct. I would've had total proof of my statements if there were more chances to actually get it. There was merely one instance, and unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to notice it in time to actually get a screenshot. So what exactly happened was that it was a normal session, really, as I'm sure you and Xypher were both on a short time before this took place. I noticed Sanxis was going for full-charge bodyshots (mainly) out of their spawn, and I figured I'd do the team a favor and just pre-aim the spawn to pick them off before they could fire. This was all good and I quite enjoyed the reaction time challenge, honestly. However soon enough something started to be off, as when I was headshotting Sanxis I only ever got -124 damage. 1 point away from death. I decided to try this out multiple times with various amounts of charging, but no matter how much charge was put into the shot, it still would only do -124. This is what Wizard's Discord name was about. Speaking of Wizard, thanks to him there was the recording of a demo clearly showing Sanxis do the exploit which allows you to throw Scout cleavers through spawn glass which I found out was not alright. I was asking him if there was some insane new item that could give you this kind of resistance to bullets, but there shouldn't be. Only after Sanxis acquired the domination this way, I noticed that in the freezecam their melee was out, and that their (totally real, I promise) Saxxy did not have the usual fake item quality color (green), and it also had a very odd stat to it that I'd never even seen before. I've no idea what could've created this but I asked Xypher about this since it surely must be something that could've been done here in-game. Now, the main thing that's truly bothered me about Sanxis is that they've never owned up to what they did. They've ignored it completely, without a word, and pretended that it was all a dream. Personally, I was hoping that could've been resolved quite quickly but clearly they're of a different mindset. So to put it simply, I find it really quite bad that Sanxis does not show any regret for using such means to acquire a domination, but actually showed more pride of it since they decided to stay in spawn taunting for what, 50 minutes (?) afterwards. Again, I wish this could've been resolved without both sides needing to just be overly childish about it.
    • I know of H4k because he was a player at MN as well. To start off, I might as well tell you that I consider him a compulsive liar. If he's supposed to be banned here, I've no idea about it. I never really bothered asking about him before I saw him online on the server that time. What I did tell him is that I'm amazed he's even welcome on community servers considering even his main account has a VAC ban. He was banned from MN as well for multiple reasons if I recall correctly; including attempted scam as well. H4k played with alts even there, some of which also received VAC bans. However I was just sharing my own opinion on the matter. Whether he was avoiding punishment or not was not part of my knowledge about the situation at that time. I was assuming he was playing on an alt account because his main has a VAC ban and that he for some reason was welcome to play as he pleased. It has not been my intention to keep any information away from any staff members, but this time I simply had no idea it was something that was necessary as I thought he was as welcome as any other regular player.

4. Xanerino

Xanerino Am I doing it right? Admin ★

I'd be more than happy to see you on the staff team after reading this application and your response to the criticism 8 has brought forward.

Yes.

5. Shadow

Shadow Headset Freak Admin ★

I don't have much to add since I don't know that much about you or your past even though we've talked quite a bit lately however, I'll go with a +1 seeming anything negative that's been brought up from your past won't come back.

6. Sanxis

Sanxis Symmetra rework will fail Admin ★

Oh boy where do I start.

This is funny because I remember doing exactly nothing in game , the fact that you and wizard constantly shit talked about me in game and also on discord like tagging me for days and saying bad things shows that you two are an immature and toxic people. You also went so far to check my profile on the forum and even made fun of my age and status ( Self Control ) which had nothing to do with what you had in mind. But of course you cant expect everyone to know the one of the most famous songs in the world.

r4.png

You even had a problem of me staying in spawn, this shows that you have some of kind of problem . We cant always play video games for 20 hours , we have to go afk sometimes. And when I returned to game I have seen you and wizard pushing me out of spawn so you could switch to enemy team to kill me and when I moved, you two again shittalked about me. I would like to mention another thing that some of our former staff were from MN and one of them actually knew you and he have said that you are a "salty competitive player who use to troll and bait other players" This is exactly what he said. I will also put this here. And before you claim this was the player's name I dont see any reason to believe someone like you who had a very bad past.
    r5.png

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  7. Jellal

Now, while I do respect your final vote and I won't do a thing to as much as try to change your mind about a single thing in your response, this is not something that I will just take. I'm sure you understand. I do have some things to say about it.
    • This is not a report on you. Can you provide a single reason why me or Wizard would speak about you if you had done absolutely nothing? Again, the demo I mentioned does exist and it doesn't make you look like you are not trying to be provocative to others. You are not without flaws either, Sanxis, and you should not frown upon people because they're younger than you. It's in bad taste.
    Why ever would I have a problem with anyone staying in spawn? It's far from a serious game, so you can by all means stay there if that's what you want. However, bringing mental problems into the discussion is extremely uncalled for and this is exactly why you and I have not gotten along in the slightest. Oh and on this note, I'd be thankful if you could stop calling me things behind my back when this post is the first time you've ever even attempted to speak to me.

Actually, I don't. I've never even unironically called myself good at the game so it'd be fantastic if you could stop with assumptions like this one. I'm sure you still have staff who have been part of MN, Sanxis. Including your highest ranking members, but I'm sure you knew that already. I'm sorry to burst the person you quoted's bubble but I've never played Team Fortress 2 competitively, and it's very likely they've never once even seen me salty. This is also the first time I hear anyone consider playing sniper 'trolling'. Considering I don't play the game competitively I do not understand how "baiting" anyone could really be viewed in a negative light. I'm very much a lone wolf player when I'm not playing with friends so I can't say I find it fair to come up with accusations of baiting people on a trade server.

Not that I'm sure why we're even speaking about MN since it's been completely dead for way over a year now.

You must've really been digging for this, yes? I'm sorry to say that it was his name, and I know I asked him to unprivate his profile so I could see his hours for myself since he was quite a great player. I remember that session very clearly. I'm sure if you can look up the overall server log you can also see what his name was and you could get away from this tunnel-vision you've acquired, and thus your question here would've been answered. Please don't call my past "very bad" when you've lied in your post and have shown that you won't even hesitate to bring up mental issues in this kind of way. And that's not the past you, that's the current you. Nobody's perfect, yeah?

You're free to disregard all of this if you wish, but I felt the need to respond to your post. Still, thank you very much for voting.

8. Wizard Magizard

Wizard Magizard 6's Huntsman main Honorary Member ★ ★ VIP ★

So is exploiting the map in order to gain kills doing nothing??
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fXTLOUMJLoomDIgh67AbpLu37QOXOnwu

^^ this is a demo of sanxis throwing multiple flying guillotines through the glass on trade_plaza on the same day that she used said "anti headshot saxxy". If she lied about this why wouldn't she lie about not abusing commands lol

ps xypher said i can comment just not vote, and as this is not a vote then its allowed

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Sanxis

Maybe if you refreshed the page you would have seen that I have edited that "mental" part along with others before you even posted.

Oh I really doubt that , so me doing nothing is provocative but what you do isn't ? Oh no
    r1.png

Like you did behind my back ? I also knew you called Wizard to watch me .

One of our former staff actually said those things and I believe him completely. He knows a great deal about many things. I see no reason for him to lie.

Also @Wizard Magizard I knew you were recording the moment you joined the server. That was some sweet demo of me killing someone I have talked in the past who also knew about the glitch for 20 seconds then rest of the demo was me laughing for 3 minutes. But of course this gave you right to annoy and insult me for days right ? Because you are such an angel.

Not really , it took me 10 seconds to find it actually

10. Wizard Magizard

Wizard Magizard 6's Huntsman main Honorary Member ★ ★ VIP ★

Exploiting is still exploiting. No?

11. Jellal

Oh my, I didn't know this rewinded time so that you never said it to begin with. A true saint.

We've already established that you did not "do nothing" like you claim. Also, the first thing you did on that server after the incident with your messed up item was actually to ignore me. An Admin ignoring a player for what reason exactly? Actually, I don't regret that part of my chat log one bit since your plan was to ignore the whole situation for the rest of your life anyways.

Excuse me? I asked Wizard if he knew of any in-game item that could give you a resistance to bullets. I, in all honesty, couldn't have cared less if he went to watch the birds instead.

Yes, you seem very good at coming up with assumptions. Actually, I'll play this little game with you. Assuming that he was actually right (though it's odd you believe his statement of me being a competitive player when I've never been one), wouldn't that have been a very long time ago? The MN servers went down during early autumn 2016, so that would've been a while ago. Way to cling to the past, buddy.

But you're an Admin, Sanxis. Didn't we just read a ban appeal made by somebody who was banned for killing his brother while using the jetpack? One would guess that your relationship with the person doesn't actually change the rule itself and how it should be treated.

12. Sanxis

Harrasment is still harssasment no ? You've had nothing better to do than this for days. Mine is nothing compared to yours.

13. Sanxis

Maybe you should read what I have posted again. We have a former staff who knew you back in those days , I never said you did those back in MN , stop putting words in my mouth.He also didint use past tense.

One is a vip who abused his jetpack powers and one is a glitch on a map and both sides had no problem doing it for couple of times to each other , as long as you keep this to each other for a limited time and dont hurt others by doing it I see no problem.

Again, read what I wrote . When I went afk to deal with a report you and wizard were shitalking about me in the meantime and when I returned all I've heard was threats and insults from you two. Maybe I wouldnt have ignored you later if you two werent so toxic. But no , you two had to continue harrassing me.

14. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

Honestly Id recommend a no vote on this application, while I certainly acknowledge it appears there may have been some abuse by Sanxis which should be harshly punished with demotion if the allegation is true.

This does not change the fact you are seemingly engaging in the same baiting/trolling behavior you took part in at MN. Even looking above at the chatlog above is enough to demonstrate it, if you see abuse on a server. You report it to the Head Admin Madi to investigate and then you keep quiet, you do not chat about it in main chat then start trolling and joking on discord about it.
    If you can't be trusted to treat a situation like that seriously then I cannot possibly see how you could be qualified to become an admin.
    Staff abuse isn't something to joke about and by baiting someone you just make it harder to prove the allegations if they are actually true, making catching the staff involved harder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Jellal

Doubtful. I can give you a very small list of people who knew me during that time. That'd be like Saturoz, Eternity, Wizard, partly Horse. Unless you got one of these, I'm afraid the person you're referring to did not actually know me personally and I'd put some doubt into your judgement regarding that statement. After all, me not ever playing competitive removes the amount of truth it holds.

Sanxis, one is a VIP who 'abused' their jetpack on their sibling and one is a clear map exploit. In all honesty, I'd say there would be less actual trouble in the first scenario. Siblings know eachother quite well and can take a joke just as easily as friends can.

I'm sorry, but no. That only became a thing because you were straight up ignoring me.

Good to see you, R4, but I'm not sure just how fit this response is. The clearest memory I have of you from back in MN is that you actually tried to argue with me about the specifics of a rule that I, myself, had made to regulate spawncamping on the trade servers we had. Wouldn't that have made you also rather unqualified? Might wanna push this aside for now though.

I do not have a single problem with you, R4, but you seem a little misinformed in this matter. I'll try to be a little more clear. I did take it rather seriously alright. The first thing I did was report the matter to Xypher, asking if it was possible to actually see items like this one since it must surely have been something created by a plugin in one way or another. This did not lead to anything, though. Thus there was no proof of this and no further report on the Admin was made. I'm not dumb enough to report something without actual evidence. Only after the fact that no proof of this specific matter could actually be retrieved, it became more of an inside meme due to complete hopelessness. Actually, the one time I did see the item in a freeze-cam after a kill could even have been one of the infamous bugs where it shows the wrong item and description, so even that would surely have been unreliable. I'm sure you now see why things were the way they were.

16. Madi

Madi Head-Admin ★★

I would like to kindly ask you guys to quit arguing. Further (unauthorized) posts concerning the matter will be deleted. In the end this is meant to be an application, no more no less.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

There's the problem "I myself had made" as in a rule you just made up to suit the situation. Something that was then shown to be incorrect and as I recall made you act rather unprofessionally but that's hugely relevant except to contradict some of your statements about MN.
    What concerns me more is your behavior in the situation outlined above.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
  18. Jellal

Except it was not made up. It was totally real and had been real most likely since before you joined. I'm not sure trying to argue how a rule works with the rule's creator is much more professional. However this is, as you say, not even remotely relevant to the major situation that's been presented. What you must have been misinformed about was me not trying to actually find a solution to that situation, starting with reporting it the moment I saw it. In no way do I believe that it's a joke because I know full well what I saw, and I'm not asking anybody to blindly believe me either. That is why a proper report about it was never made. I know for a fact that it happened, but it's no lie that I've lacked the evidence for a full report.

While I do think I've disgraced myself and I feel quite bad for having done so, I won't act like I've made anything up or lied about anything. I sincerely apologize for the mess that has been made.

19. Eight

Eight 「RESTLESS」 Super-Admin ★

I would tend to agree on R4 with this, concerns of staff abuse are sent directly to Madi. While yes there wasn't any proof (besides the demo Wizard made of something else), I would've reported this all directly to Madi anyway, not made provocative / immature comments in-game like making an instance of someone abusing guillotine into a forum game. You said yourself you were previously an employee for MN, you should know best to handle these situations seriously. So while you claim that people bringing up your past with MN is "hanging onto the past," I'd care to disagree given the chat-logs shown of rather immature behavior, and the ones I'm going to share as well (granted some are from late February, however they are still relevant to this behavior), as they show that this behavior is still relevant. I would like to see a permanent improvement in this type of behavior, else I can't support this or future applications.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

That's simply false, the rules as stated and created by Horse and was then confirmed by the actual Employees at the time contradicted what you said. Which is why I argued with you and was subsequently proved correct. Killing snipers firing out of spawn was not spawncamping despite how you wanted to interpret it, so you could presumably troll users from spawn. Correcting an admin on their misinterpretations of the rules is exactly what staff should be doing if they notice a colleague making a mistake.

I never stated you did not report it, so no I'm not misinformed and I don't appreciate someone suggesting I am.
    However that's not the real issue, the fact that you took to meming about the issue in discord and discussing it in chat is what I have a problem with, that's not the conduct we should expect from admins. It makes it harder to catch real abuser and presents a bad image of the network to the users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice