Accepted Admin Power Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dat1person

Oct 26, 2020
I was guardbanned for providing "false repeat." I was warden and giving a command to a red, when I gave a repeat they still did not comply to my orders so I killed them. The red claimed I didn't address them directly in the repeat. This is false and quite a trivial matter as well. The ness dude who banned me went off nothing more than hearsay and banned me immediately. I tried to explain my position but was gagged (I assume because the whole server was also on my side and he didn't want to feel powerless to my logical rant against him). After he gagged me he said it was because of staff reveal, while a legitimate reason, I was heated because I was banned for no reason and wasn't given any replies until I addressed him directly. Provide me any evidence this freekill took place and I'll rest my case.

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
To start you off, you have given the wrong/improper repeat. After you given the order "I'm going to be calling you up by your steam name"
The red asked for a repeat, which you did not give at the time it was called for.
You started to say your next order "(red's steam name) come up" (I do not remember who it was) and he said "I asked for a repeat for the order you gave previously."
You then continued to give him his improper repeat, after he said "What are you calling me up by". By saying "You are calling him up"
He wanted a clarification on what you are calling him up by, which you ignored. Furthermore killing him a few seconds after.
You weren't teambanned immediately but at the end of the round.

After the round ended you said something along "I was teambanned who is the admin so I can ask about it"
I said on mic "You should /pm them instead of openly talking about it, due to staff reveal"

You completely disregarded what I said and you later said "(My username) Why did you ban me give me a reason"
I said "/guardbanstatus will tell you why you were teambanned"
then later gagged you for staff reveal.

Adding onto this your teamban and gag were only 30m so appealing either one, wouldn't do anything because they are most likely over by the time staff have responded.

Dat1person

Oct 26, 2020
I never gave the order of calling them up by steamname specifically and the repeat that was asked for was for the order directly to them, not the previous orders on what we were doing. I gave the proper repeat and they did not comply so they were killed. It is seems to me that you outlined your story to fit in a way that makes your ban legitimate but that's simply not what happened. I'll take responsibility for the gag, as I was super salty at the time. If your story is true, then this was simply a miscommunication between the red and I, a ban seems to be harsh as it should be obvious there was no malintent. I'm sure swinging your banhammer around is enjoyable but I do not like being bonked in the head for reasons that appear to be based off of you not understanding the situation happening.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Reopened because the teamban is still active (28/30 minutes left). However, it seems to just be the staff's word against the teambanned player's word, so don't see how we can move forward from here.

Dat1person

Oct 26, 2020
Ok, let's break this down. Mint claims this: "
The red asked for a repeat, which you did not give at the time it was called for.
You started to say your next order "(red's steam name) come up" (I do not remember who it was) and he said "I asked for a repeat for the order you gave previously."

The red that was killed was the second to last red to be called up for the game we were playing, he crafted his story to make it sound like I didn't give a repeat for what we were doing, but the fact of the matter is that we were already playing the game for at least a minute. The repeat was for me calling the red's name to go to the hot tub and say something fruit related (it was the LR). They did not go to the hot tub and asked for a repeat instead, which I then gave. They did not comply by the order on the repeat and were killed for disobeying. They claimed I did a false repeat because I did not say their name in the repeat which is false. Mint then took their side for whatever reason and i was teambanned for giving a false order. I'm willing to give mint the benefit of the doubt and they didn't hear me say their name, the glass was being broke at pool and it was loud, but I did not do anything wrong. If mint lied about my guard ban being over, it's not a stretch that they're lying right now to cover up their sloppy ban based on what the red was saying and nothing of substance.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Alright, I have confirmed this is MintBrando's side of the story:

Bar begins -> Game goes normally -> You change orders to specify that they're being called up by Steam name -> RED asks for a repeat -> You say the RED is being called up -> RED specifies it was for the order prior -> You kill the RED -> The round is over and you get teambanned.

Can you confirm that this is your side of the story?

Bar begins -> You begin the game and specify you'll be calling up by Steam names -> Game goes normally -> You call up a RED -> That RED asks for a repeat -> You repeat that you're calling up the RED -> That RED specifies the repeat is for the previous order -> That RED is then killed for not going to the hot-tub -> When the round is over, you get teambanned.

Also, would you happen to have recorded this situation, like with auto-demo recording? If not, it's fine, although it'd help if you happened to.

Dat1person

Oct 26, 2020
This is what happened.

Bar begins -> Game goes normally -> You call up a RED -> That RED asks for a repeat -> You repeat that you're calling up the RED -> The RED says I didn't call him up specifically in the repeat and continues to disobey -> That RED is then killed for not going to the hot-tub -> When the round is over, you get teambanned.

I did not change or even start with orders that I would call them up by steam name, just that I would call them up. The red I killed didn't move because he said I didn't specify him in the repeat, which I did. He may have been confused because I called the previous reds up by class but called this specific red up by steam name because he was one of two pyros left and calling him up by class would be invalid since there was two pyros left. I assume he thought i was giving a trick order by saying his steam name but in reality I never specified how i would call them up let alone change that rule in the middle of the game. I made no changes in the rules partway and therefore there could not have been a repeat for that especially since we had been doing the game for a bit. Sadly I do not have a demo recording, but if you happen to find one this will be the chain of events that took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.