Allow free speech on all servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see why racism, legal harassment, and other topics are banned to say in chat, even as example. I also don't see how allowing these things would ruin the server, just have no spam rules and then your server is fine. If your so confident that racism and harassment are terrible things, than why can't you trust your community to not adopt those things you find immoral, especially if it is already widely accepted as wrong. Most bans for racism are obvious jokes or examples used in sentences, even the word "nigga" is banned, like what the fuck. It creates a fake and bullshit community.

PS. Ban cell wars I mean you don't HAVE to but only people on blu like it, everyone on red team during cell wars thinks its total ass. Trying to fire the warden for it will have a mini mod try to report you. Pic related.

Attachments

• 5iSGxwQ2.jpg
    5iSGxwQ2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 3

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
The problem with this is that you're assuming that people won't spam it if they're suddenly allowed to do that. Like, not saying things you've been told not to say while interacting within our community is a given, and an easy practise to undertake. We cannot physically stop you saying these things, but not within our servers and social media platforms. We can only take some reasons as to why some people think that they can say certain words at face value, as we have no actual way to prove someone is what they say they are, aside from the blatantly obvious: a staff member in this community.

Most/all bans for racism are made because they break our easy to find and easy to follow rules that would fall under the purview of common sense: if you can't say it to someone you know in person, or to a group of people you don't know in person, why say it somewhere you know you aren't supposed to say it?

Also if you don't like cellwars, be the warden, or don't play rounds of jailbreak with cell wars in them. A vast majority of times people fire the warden is because they think they're being funny, only very few times in comparison has it been for legitimate reasons that the staff themselves haven't resolved, i'm sorry to say.

Reactions: =WL= DeadlyJustice
The problem with this is that you're assuming that people won't spam it if they're suddenly allowed to do that. Like, not saying things you've been told not to say while interacting within our community is a given, and an easy practise to undertake. We cannot physically stop you saying these things, but not within our servers and social media platforms. We can only take some reasons as to why some people think that they can say certain words at face value, as we have no actual way to prove someone is what they say they are, aside from the blatantly obvious: a staff member in this community.

Most/all bans for racism are made because they break our easy to find and easy to follow rules that would fall under the purview of common sense: if you can't say it to someone you know in person, or to a group of people you don't know in person, why say it somewhere you know you aren't supposed to say it?

Also if you don't like cellwars, be the warden, or don't play rounds of jailbreak with cell wars in them. A vast majority of times people fire the warden is because they think they're being funny, only very few times in comparison has it been for legitimate reasons that the staff themselves haven't resolved, i'm sorry to say.

Just keep the no spamming rules. Also, I don't rely care about cell wars, just kinda a joke, but I still see countless times that the enforcement for Political Correctness on servers goes way to far, and I feel like It would be better if we just let all speech in. Everyone has different lifestyles and backgrounds, so to achieve TRUE equality we must let all ideas flow through the community.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Not really something that is going to be changed but whatever.

I still don't see why racism, legal harassment, and other topics are banned to say in chat, even as example. I also don't see how allowing these things would ruin the server, just have no spam rules and then your server is fine. Most bans for racism are obvious jokes or examples used in sentences, even the word "nigga" is banned, like what the fuck. It creates a fake and bullshit community.
Because most people dislike being harassed and racism? It's pretty simple why this is disallowed, this isn't the kind of atmosphere we want in the community so we don't allow it, I fail to see how a no spamming rules fixes everything, if anything spamming is less of an issue than harassment & racism. Furthermore, I can say from experience a large percentage of racism bans are for legitimate racism.

If your so confident that racism and harassment are terrible things, than why can't you trust your community to not adopt those things you find immoral, especially if it is already widely accepted as wrong.
Because you can't trust people to be decent on the internet.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
*EDIT* - Legitimate racism as in excluding softer things like racial slur variants or casually using racial slurs, even though those are just as serious.

Because most people dislike being harassed and racism? It's pretty simple why this is disallowed, this isn't the kind of atmosphere we want in the community so we don't allow it, I fail to see how a no spamming rules fixes everything, if anything spamming is less of an issue than harassment & racism. Furthermore, I can say from experience a large percentage of racism bans are for legitimate racism.

You don't have to. Racist or not, a community shouldn't be fake and be ruled with an authoritarian presence. If your community is LEGITIMATELY racist than that is the fault of how the server communicates with others, not because of a lack of overpowering rules.

Doesn't matter if it is disliked. People disliked being ruled over by an iron fist when it comes to these rules, and I don't see any change. I find it immoral to censor any non life threatening speech, much more than racism or harassment.

RulerOfTheFae

Forum Activist
Aug 26, 2017
Canada, Ontario
But as you called it legal harassment IS allowed, if you call someone an idiot or a meanie, you're not going to get gagged or muted for it. So I don't get what you mean by allow legal harassment (which is a bullshit made up term) and illegal harassment is just another way of saying ACTUAL harassment, serious shit, now I'm no admin and I'm no genius but you don't need to be too bright to figure out the problem with your logic.

"People don't like being ruled over with an iron fist."
and that's why so many people play on Wonderland.tf, right? Because they hate the super strict and horrible servers that have been shaped by the extremely fascist rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.