Accepted Appeal for being gag

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonkey

Aug 9, 2019
1. Account
my account is linked

2. Why I was gagged
I was gagged because some admin heard me say "i'm a monkey playing basketball, which means i'm african american" first off I never said that, I said I was a basketball american. I'm not sure where they got the african american part or the i'm a monkey playing basketball part, but the only thing I said was a I'm a basketball american. I don't see how saying i'm a basketball american is racist, which is why i'm assuming I was muted, perhaps they thought that since my name in game is cmonkey I was implying some sort of racist undertone but I had absolutely no intention of that. There were a lot of people talking when I said this because reds just got unmuted so as usual everyone started spamming, after I said basketball american, I was instantly gagged and couldn't explain myself or anything. I was confused and not sure what to do as the person who gagged me gave no following information on how to talk to him or how to apply for an appeal, I had to reach out to another admin for help.

3.) Why I shouldn't be gagged
I shouldn't be gagged because I didn't say what I was gagged for and would never be racist to anyone, as an african american myself I dont see why I would make fun of my own race or make fun of any race. I really like playing jailbreak and it upsets me when I can't speak or type because some admin misheard me. In fact the term african american itself is frowned upon in the black community because its what people say because they are scared to say black so I don't see why I would ever even say that. Jailbreak is the best thing wonderland has, its the reason I play tf2 and I really don't want to lose that. I apologize for saying that I was a basketball american as I had no idea people would take offense to that.

I dont know the admin who muted me but dart helped me after.

benz

MISSING IN ACTION.
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2018
California
Hey, I was the admin who muted/gagged you. I joined the server when it was during the beginning of a new round and that was when I allegedly heard you say what I claimed you said. I have to admit though, I could barely make out what you said due to people talking over each other. However, what prompted me to punish you was the backlash you received after the statement was said. Various users took offense to the statement and were calling you racist. A second before the punishment was instated, I heard you defending yourself saying that it wasn’t racist because you were a monkey. I’m considering removing your silence but could you please explain your defense when you received backlash for what you said?

cmonkey

Aug 9, 2019
My defense for saying I was a monkey is because my in game name is cmonkey, I was going to say Its not racist because im a monkey and monkeys cant be racist, but as you said I was muted before I could say that. I was not linking monkeys to black people I was simply just being an idiot, if my name was ccrocodile or cbird or something I would say its not racist because crocodiles cant be racist and birds cant be racist, I didn't know people would take such offense to something I didn't even say, but my response was based on my steam name and not the racist connotation of black people being monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.