1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Declined Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by kokostal, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokostal

kokostal Member ★

Requirements:
    • No VAC/Game ban(s) on record | Info [ ✔ ]
    • Clean [+]SteamREP | Info [ ✔ ]
    • No active bans on the community. | Info [ ✔ ]
    • Member in our steam group | Info [ ✔ ]
    • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ✘ ]
    • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [ ✔ ]
    • Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ✔ ] *
    • Team player with great communication skills (English) [ ✔ ] *
    • No limited/F2P Steam account. | Info [ ✔ ]
    • No private Steam profile. [ ✔ ]*
    • Active on the forums.* (At least +10 posts!) [ ✔ ]
    * = must fulfill requirement

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): (22/07/02)
    SteamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198146181809/
    Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
    How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 8/10
    Will you be able to help donate monthly?: No. I might donate here and there, but i can't promise i'll be able to donate every month.

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

Monday: 19:00-22:00
    Tuesday: 16:00-19:00
    Wednesday: 16:00-22:00
    Thursday: 19:00-22:00
    Friday: 16:00-04:00 (I'll rarely ever be on past midnight. It's just that im able to be.)
    Saturday: All day.
    Sunday: 10:00-12:00 17:00-22:00

These can change at any given time. I'd like to note that il mostly ever be on during weekends or days off, since im often busy on weekdays (school, work etc)

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
    Yes. I have been Admin/Mod at PBfortress (currently known as Dream-Horizon) twice.

First time, I held mod for a month or two and then i got promoted to admin. 2 weeks later i got demoted back to mod because of drama between a regular member and me. On a Quotes thread, i put a dm's quote where that member was insulted. i don't remember if there was anything more to it. Eight, Demon or anyone who was at pbf at the time can verify. i resigned shortly after. I'd also like to note that i have learned from this and i don't intend to do anything like it again.

Second time, i got mod and was promoted to admin about 2 weeks later. I held the position for a couple of months and then i resigned, reasoning being that i didn't like where the community was going at the time.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
    It would make the servers/forums just safer in general. There are still times while i play where there is no Admin on to handle a server. If i were to be accepted, I can handle a server when this is the case, basically just decreasing the number of unadministrated servers in general and help create a friendly environment for members.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
    By making sure people are able to enjoy this community's servers to the fullest extent by enforcing the rules and improving the already good reputation of this community, encouraging more people to keep playing in this community. Even though i wouldn't be able to make a huge difference by myself, its those small instances where someone needs help or where a server is left unadministrated that i'll be able to do someting. Also il of course, administrate forums if there's is an instance i'm the only staff member online.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
    I'm pretty sure my most played server would be Jailbreak 0.6. i do however also like to play ballon race, but since there often aren't all that many people on that server i don't play it much. i also go on other jailbreak servers here and there, but since 06 usually has more players, im on there most. i also very occasionally play surf.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
    Yes, however I might need a bit of a refresher.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
    I have made several reports and i have made a small donation. I try to be friendly to everyone while playing on the servers. Although i don't speak much while playing, I try to inform someone if theyre breaking a rule unknowingly through either chat or VC.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
    I feel like i have the necessary capabilities to be able to help create a friendly and fun environment for people to play on Wonderland's servers. i believe that i'll be able to benefit the community, even if its just a little bit.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:
    I'd like to apologize for any grammar or spelling errors in this application. i'm very bad at writing but i hope this application will give you a good idea of how i would perform my duties as a staff member, since i do think i am decent in the field. i know i only have the bare minimum required connection time, which makes this seems rushed, but i'd like to start as soon as possible, and if this gets declines i'll have a good idea on what to improve on when reapplying.

as for talking about myself, i don't talking about my personal life too much. i don't mind it but i'd rather not shove my problems into other people's faces unless they would really want to know.

Well, that's it. thank you for reading and I hope you have a good day.

• Like Like x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. demon

demon K X N G Moderator ★ ★ VIP ★

I've known kokostal from before our time on wonderland, and in recent times I would consider him to be a pretty good friend, so consider that when you read my response

Pros:
    Active on discord
    Good answers to the questions
    Very friendly

Neutral:
    Decent activity on forums
    English is good but has minor issues

Cons:
    Low hours in game (36)

Note on his answer to question 2. Eight and I talked about it, and if we remember it correctly, I don't consider it as very serious. Since then, kokostal has had a pretty sizeable personality change, much for the better, so his previous actions shouldn't even be considered, at least not in my opinion. I consider the kokostal that I knew as staff on PBF and the kokostal currently on wonderland to essentially be 2 different people.

I'm neutral, leaning +1. If he'd had 100 hours in game, for sure +1. But he just barely met the requirement, which is very hard to overlook.

3. Mattaroni

Mattaroni Unaware He Will Place 65th Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

DISCLAIMER: Koko is definitely one of my good friends on Wonderland and in general, however I will be grading this application with no bias.

PROS:
    - Honest and friendly.
    - Active on our discord / recently in-game.
    - Previous staff experience.
    - Calm under pressure.
    - Willing to donate at any available time.

NEUTRALS:
    - As demon said (and as you know), you just barely met the requirement of hours. I'm not putting this as a con, since you still met the requirement with no issue. My concern is your ability to maintain this activity and go beyond what it is currently.
    - I would like to see you more on forums and interacting more with players. Your forum activity is decent, but I still would like to see you around more.

CONS:
    - This application is only a little bit rushed, and while I appreciate your enthusiasm, I want you to understand that doing an application now or a week from now makes a big difference.

I would also like to say this: your honesty on this application is great. You stated things that you may or may not be ashamed of, and I appreciate that. In my opinion, you're capable of this position, but I would also like to hear other voices, instead of those who have worked with you previously (i.e. demon and I). I'm going to give you a Neutral for now, only because I would like to see more activity from you in-game and discord. Yes, you met the requirement, but I want to be at ease knowing that you weren't just getting those hours just so you can apply for staff.

Good luck, koko!

4. Admom

Admom Interior Crocodile Alligator Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

Neutral

I don't really so much have pros or cons on the application, it's a pretty decent write and as far as I know you haven't caused us trouble at all, though to counter that, there's the amount of hours you've had on servers; meeting the minimum. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having you on staff but That'd depend on what the others have to say to this too. Good luck all the same.

5. Youtuberchris

Youtuberchris Admin ★

I'm going neutral as I've never really had a chance to meet you in game (to my knowledge) nor speak to you at any point so I can't say much from a standpoint. The app is okay in terms of not being the best I've seen however it gets the job done.

[EDIT]
    Going -1

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  6. Madi

Madi Head-Admin ★★

Seeing as my colleagues have already mentioned most of the points there's one thing I view differently. I cannot see myself taking someone on who I suspect might not be all that active considering you had barely reached the required 36 hours when you applied even though you have been around for quite a while . Hence I cannot say anything about your behaviour in-game either. Unless I can determine significant change concerning my point I'll have to go with a -1.

7. Shadow

Shadow Headset Freak Admin ★

Agreeing with Madi seeing as I haven't seen you all much in-game.

8. Eight

Eight 「Restless」 Super-Admin ★

Unfortunately, I will need to give a -1.

My main issue to be honest is the lack of in-game activity. Your forum and Discord activity are good, but in-game you just meet the required amount of connection time, despite having been here for a while, and I can't support you for staff if your in-game activity is this low/unreliable.

There's some other criticisms I have that factored in less to my verdict, but are still important:
    • I'd like if you could expand the range of servers you frequent/are familiar with. You seem to only play on Jailbreak 6.0, and some other servers once in a blue moon. We have 100+ servers that we need to administrate, with many differing ways of playing and rule-sets. So, being only familiar with this specific server really, doesn't help all that much.
    • I think you needed to make more of a case for yourself in this application (i.e explain how you have these necessary capabilities to be able to benefit the community significantly). A lot of your explanation for being a staff member was, "I'll be available to administrate the community at times," which is rather generic/bland, and doesn't really help you stand out. Mostly everyone who applies claims they want to help out the community, but how do you stand out? How are you a possibly-worthy asset to the staff team? That's what you needed to expand upon IMO.

9. TrueMyth

TrueMyth Photo Artist Admin ★

-1 due to low in-game activity. And other stated reasons.

10. kokostal

kokostal Member ★

About 2 days after posting this application, someting happened between me and my family (if anyone needs to know, DM me on steam or discord) and because of this i can't play games for quite a while. Well i can but its best not to because i suddenly have to focus on other things entirely. Its best to have this application declined as it is now since its already not doing well anyway.

I know it sounds fishy, but i wouldnt abandon my stuff for several months just to have someting declined early. I simply happened to post this at the wrong time. I would just wait to have this declined but but then it would look scummy if i would suddenly stop playing after getting declined without saying anything.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Madi

Madi Head-Admin ★★

Application declined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.