Are medic and engineer unskilled classes ?

Vladdleco

Forum Extremist
Jul 2, 2018
France (Baguette Land)
I had this question while playing engineer.
Can you "main" those classes. In my point of view the medic and the enginner are not as much difficult as other like sniper or spy.
When I first started to play tf2, I wanted to main spy cuz it looked like a cool class. While watching trickstab tutorials, I was that spy was really really hard to master unlike medic or engineer.
But then I realize that playing medic and engineer is fun too and I wanted to "main" those classes too.
But when playing with my friends,they said that those classes were unskilled (They are playing sniper and scout btw).
So I wanted to know your though about that.

StarOfSouls

Wired
★ Donor ★
Aug 5, 2018
i think they both have a similiar amount of skill. I think medic requires more skill to be good at since it requires protection from enemies because the weapons aren't meant for large amounts of damage, unlike engineer which has a sentry.

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
Medic: is actually the most skilled class. Back in my UGC days I was a gold medic and sniper, and everyone rely on the medic because the medic was the person controlling the attacks and mobility with demo's and heavy's. You need the medic because him, demo and sniper are the only classes that can win a choke point threw a distance away. Medic can also keep your team healthy threw explosive damage or burning damage (a sniper's jarate and scouts milk do it as well ).

Engi: He keeps the team constantly flowing with ammo and health also respawning to farway points with the teleporter .

In my opinion if you don't have a medic you've lost. MEDIC IS THE MOST SKILLED CLASS ANYWAY THE CRUSADERS CROSSBOW YOU NEED MAD AIM TO HEAL YOUR MATES!

rainman

Nov 27, 2018
Engineer is an easy class to pick up, but mastering him takes skill.
Obviously he is favoured by people who might not be as good at aiming as others. But as these people play engineer they notice after their building being destoryed one too many times that they need to think through where they place their buildings.
Engineer and medic don't require god like mechanical skills to master, but they do need good gamesense.
As an engineer you need to keep track of the enemy teams über so you can prepare for a push.
For example you notice their medic hasn't died in 3 minutes, they surely have or are about to get an über, the engineer prepares for a push by equipping the wrangler which reduces the damage done to the sentry, therefore they will waste more of their precious über destroying the sentry, thus slowing down the push and if done well enough that might stop it entirely.

Medic has a similar story, constantly keeping track of classes that will target you is key to surviving.
Although learning how to use the crossbow will save you and more importantly your teammates from certain death when you are out of healing range or need to rapidly heal 100 health. If you do main medic I recommend learning how to use this weapon, predicting players movement isn't easy, but after grinding it for some time you start to get the hang of it.

All together their mechanical skills might not be on the same level as similar skilled snipers or scouts, and that makes sense, as they are only focusing on mechanical skills. Medics and engineers, however need decent mechanical skills, positioning and good gamesense to perform well.

The next time they rant about you being a low skill class, just wait for them to get backstabbed and then proceed to laugh at their corpse as you know when the spies are coming while they are focusing on shooting people.

Reactions: Vladdleco and Dunk