TF2 Are the rules regarding toxic players actually enforced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radical oil

Jun 14, 2019
In my experience on tf2 jailbreak, there are 3 main types of server atmospheres that I walk into.
1. There’s a healthy mix of new players, competent veterans, and dumb ass kids.
2. There is a majority of little kids which causes a very loud voice chat and successful rebels every round.
3. There is 1 or 2 kids on the server who are getting relentlessly bullied by some grown man.

The third one is what I am making this thread to address.
I have no doubt how annoying kids are on jb, they often don’t know how to play blu but never seem to get auto balanced, they usually have horrible mics and high pitched voices. However I have been on servers at times where there will be a bunch of teenagers or adults just straight up harassing some kid because he decided to go warden one round. I have called admin because of this on 3 different occasions, this is how they all went.

1. The admin came on and said he “needed proof,” even though he could literally look at the chat logs.
2. The admin bans the kid because all the older people make up a story about the kid freekilling.
3. I got banned for a day for “false call admin” because the admin that came clearly didn’t know what he was doing.

In conclusion, I spend a good amount of time on jb but my headphones broke yesterday and I can’t play for a bit, this has caused me to reflect on the things that occur in the servers and I’ve realized that despite the server having those pop up messages that say “being toxic towards other players will get you banned,” I’ve never seen anyone get banned for harassment even though it occurs constantly.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
I’ve never seen anyone get banned for harassment even though it occurs constantly.
Then you haven't been here very long. Nor do you appear to visit the vast majority of servers reported on, where we tackle said issues.
. I got banned for a day for “false call admin” because the admin that came clearly didn’t know what he was doing.
You didn't need to make this a secret. You could've just titled the thread with this, we know this is all the thread is about.

Every situation regarding toxicity will require context. You may not see it in the moment, but each report we receive, we look into, and punish accordingly.

Above all else, regardless of you being able to play, we do not appreciate being told that we don't know what we're doing. We have our own very capable team of staff members that attend to reports and give out punishments based on infractions and history with bans.

Any bans that are applied falsely, we investigate, and remove.

In your case, it was 100% correct.

tl;dr: when toxicity reports come up, it's expected that if over mic, evidence in the form of a demo or a video of any description is required, as we cannot take the words as they are being quoted. Very easily can a person be misquoted or misatributed a sentence they hadn't said. When it comes to chat based problems, we can handle those outside of tf2, so it isn't always obvious.

Shortest answer: Yes, we do enforce those.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.