As a """""professional mapper""""" myself...

May 28, 2019
As someone who used to do it full time, and now does it as a small pass-time or recreational activity, seeing all of these other mappers create and share their work with the interwebs, it makes me wonder if they'll ever enter the big leagues with the big bois. They think they fancy with their props, and area portals, and no-draw textures on appropriate surfaces, and nav-generation assisted map elements, and proper spawnrooms, and lighting-- ooh, lighting's actually kinda cool-- and aesthetic, and appeal, and mood, and atmosphere, and intent, and overall quality-- get outta hear. these people need to read a book, 'cause I don't think they really know what they doing.

Don't @ me.

OwO The Destoyer

Jan 11, 2019
Listen man. how i see it, mapping is just like art. everyone starts off sucking ass to some degree, and as time goes on, and as they learn the theories and the principles, and as they practice, they get better. But most importantly, everyone who maps is doing it because they want to, and because they enjoy it. so i mean, does it really matter?

May 28, 2019
Listen man. how i see it, mapping is just like art. everyone starts off sucking ass to some degree, and as time goes on, and as they learn the theories and the principles, and as they practice, they get better. But most importantly, everyone who maps is doing it because they want to, and because they enjoy it. so i mean, does it really matter?
In the end, it's about family
and that's what's so powerful about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Olaves

Conga

Aug 29, 2019
Mapping is like art, you could say a map is bad or you could say it's just not for your tastes~

Although anything which doesn't remotely try to optimize their map and causes mass render lag is just objectively bad and needs more hint/area portal brushes.