Bad Map in the map selection of zombie mod

Sideswipe

Member ★
Server IP/Gamemode: 5.135.189.29:27032/zombie mod
Date: 2018/5/6
Bug:NA

the map zom_rage is very bad map, mainly because the map have no spots to hide/build a base, too small and the zombie spawns everywhere, please consider removing it

s0rcererr

Member ★
Toatally agree. It is very unoriginal, glitched out, tactically flawed and is not fun to play.

We've been having a lot discussion about bad maps in the zombie servers, literally many of them are straight horrible to play to both teams.

Old threads related to same topic.

https://wonderland.tf/threads/eithe...mbie-mod-servers-custom-made-maps-later.1023/

https://wonderland.tf/threads/zombi...y-places-p-s-help-me-plz.331/page-2#post-7688

I've tried to get somekinda fix out for awhile, but nothing much has happened since it requires active resources from the owner.

But together and having a lot supporters for the removal and fixing some of the maps. It's possible, but requires a lot supporters so that this all may happen.

Sanxis

Symmetra rework will fail
Admin ★
I have moved this thread to "Suggestions" because it isnt a technical report.

Now about the map , I think zom_rage is a balanced map and despite what you think it is still easy enough to camp and stop the zombies from the winning until the round ends. Also building a sentry nest in the blue spawn is %90 of the time mean blue wins. I have just spoken to the owner and he informed me that map will stay and told that complainers should be more smart about defending themselves against the zombies.

s0rcererr

Member ★
I have moved this thread to "Suggestions" because it isnt a technical report.

Now about the map , I think zom_rage is a balanced map and despite what you think it is still easy enough to camp and stop the zombies from the winning until the round ends. Also building a sentry nest in the blue spawn is %90 of the time mean blue wins. I have just spoken to the owner and he informed me that map will stay and told that complainers should be more smart about defending themselves against the zombies.
What you have explained is a definition of imbalance. Humans win almost everytime, but there is only one way to do it. There is no playstyle flexibility at all. And since the zombies spawn literally everywhere, the only way to play is to set up a fort in the spawn and just spam with bullets and stickies.

Sanxis

Symmetra rework will fail
Admin ★
What you have explained is a definition of imbalance. Humans win almost everytime, but there is only one way to do it. There is no playstyle flexibility at all. And since the zombies spawn literally everywhere, the only way to play is to set up a fort in the spawn and just spam with bullets and stickies.
Wrong , I have won many games on that map without camping in the spawn. Mostly it is the unskilled players camping there and hoping that caber zombies wont come. The other maps are more unbalanced than rage. Dedicated Caber demomans can still destroy the nest in the spawn. The reason why I said %90 is because most zombie players arent skilled enough and attacks one by one and then dies to the blue players. Same thing applies to other maps too. There are other places to build sentry nests on rage too.

Last edited: