Status
Not open for further replies.

aa

★ Donor ★
Dec 6, 2018
1.) Include your ban profile link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/[U:1:93523645]

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:

I was playing 2Fort UK until today at midnight. An hour after I disconnected, a web ban was issued on my account. The reason stated is "cheating".

Invoked on2021-04-15 01:17:37
BanlengthPermanent
Expires onNot applicable.
Reasoncheating
Banned fromWeb Ban

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:

I'm aware that many people have been using the /calladmin system on me. For the past days I've also noticed that some specific players have, despite my previous ban being successfully appealed and revoked, kept constantly insisting that I'm a cheater.

I know some people don't appreciate how I play, and are especially affected when I taunt after killing them.

This has led to a concering smear campaign that I've been suffering from for the past weeks. As soon as someone complains about me, this group of users claims that I'm cheating and incites other players to report me. And so, the group gets bigger and bigger.

When a player that has just been killed in a way that they feel is unfair is told that the person that did it is using cheats, they usually accept the idea because it fits them.

With this in mind, over the past weeks I've received some wild accusations. Wallhack, auto-airblast, seeing invisible spies, having more health than normal, "crit hacks"... In my opinion, and unsurprisingly, players with considerable experience aren't the ones making these severe claims.

I don't know what cheat I was accused of reportedly using. If you were to tell me, I would prepare some sort of defense or counter-proof. Also, if you could provide the video I would be happy to analyze it, explain what happened, and clear this misunderstanding.

After all these years, I kindly ask that you don't insta-close this appeal so we can clear things out.

Thanks

Niki

Actually a demon
Senior Admin ★★
Records Manager ★
★ Donor ★
Jun 26, 2019
Czech Republic
Hi, Im taking a look at your situation. Below I will provide the evidence that the ban was based on. I will ask for more evidence later, that will be again reviewed by me and other staff members.

aa

★ Donor ★
Dec 6, 2018
Thank you. About the video:

I see the person recorded a demo while spectating.

Demos are not always accurate. The amount of data they store is determined by the server's tickrate, and the game tries to compress all the info in a small size. The format was designed a long time ago, and its shortcomings are well-known within the competitive community.

It's still useful, but as a single source of truth to ban for cheating... it's not accurate, and more so if from a spectator's point of view.

For blatant hacking, like people that keep spinning to avoid being headshotted, I understand and support the use of these recordings, you don't need many details. However, in a case like this, where the person focused on some very specific movement in the span of a couple frames, it's not as reliable as it should be.

Here's mine. It's a recording of the turn, as saved from my TF2 client replaying my demo, and it's a bit more accurate (POV).

As you can see, far from what would appear from the spectator's perspective, my movements are... normal.

I've also uploaded a full recording of the soldier session for your convenience. (including an embarrassing short switch to scout)

The chat is visible so you can see the sort of messages I was referring in my first reply. They keep complaining for normal kills, and some even use the call command. Recently, it's been like this pretty much all the time.

I hope this helps. I'll be glad to reply to any other clip

EDIT: added a comparison video

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.