Declined Banned because they thought I said something racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:60249577&advType=steamid&Submit

Friend's name on steam is "Chigga" and he was forcfully renamed because an admin thought it was racist. I come on and as a joke say "What's up chiggas?" and am muted. I ask why and exclaim that it's not racist and get banned for a day.
Chigga -n.
1. Any of various small, six-legged larvae of mites of the family Trombiculidae that parasitize humans and othervertebrates. The chigger's bite produces a wheal that is usually accompanied by severe itching. Also called chigoe, harvest bug, harvest mite, jigger2, red bug.

I can take the ban it's only a day, I just don't want this injustice happening again, there was no warning at all, just a straight up mute and when i asked why again i got banned. it was unfair as i didn't have any time to question or apologize whatsoever.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
"Chigga" is a clear racial slur variation, pulling out some obscure definition that clearly doesn't mean what you were saying doesn't change that it is still a racial slur variation and therefore disallowed.

It is not injustice in the slightest, we disallow all forms of racism, including variations on racial slurs, as I have said many times. I had given fair warnings about use of the word, which given your explanation you were aware of, and I saw no reason to repeat my warning for you when you clearly knew what you were doing wrong. So, I muted you, and then when you repeated the word in chat, you were banned. Given you perfectly knew what you were doing wrong and yet decided to violate our rules anyway, I see no reason to unban you.

Appeal denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.