Accepted Banned for duplicate account

Status
Not open for further replies.

the meatmann

Mar 24, 2020
I was banned March 7th and according to the ban, the reason was "[SourceSleuth] Duplicate Account." I don't know why I was banned exactly, or what "duplicate account" means, but I can say is that on that day, I played for a while on GeForceNOW, then because my internet was acting up and I couldn't stream the game well, I switched to playing on my actual computer. The reason I was playing on GeForceNOW even though my actual computer could run the game is because I don't get good fps on casual servers, with 24 players and a lot of action. I switched to playing locally because there weren't too many players, so I thought it would be better, as I could not stream the game from GeForceNOW reliably. I woke up the next day to be banned. I don't have any screenshots of proof for this, because I would have never thought that I'd need to appeal a ban. I do have one alt steam account, but I haven't played TF2 on it recently. It can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198432972953/

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Yes, your ban was due to your Nvidia GeForce Now client connecting you to an IP which coincidentally had a banned account on it already. When an account tries to connect to a server using the same IP on an previous Steam account that was banned, this is what flags our system and causes the 'duplicate account' ban.

I've done some investigation into your ban and concluded that there's nothing against you, so I've gone ahead and unbanned you just now. If you have any further issues connecting after I have closed this thread and unbanned you, feel free to contact me through forum PMs.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.