Accepted Banned for "raiding" for playing with friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2020
i was banned for a day for shit talking which i understand however i was later perma banned for raiding because it was with friends which is unreasonable and i wish that you would please remove the perma bans from me and my 2 friends as we were shit talking yes however not raiding we were playing when people started shit talking so we started to go back aat them and retaliate which is reason for a 1-3d ban perma is over kill to the highest order, good day
-Cat

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
"When there was a call admin report on, I joined and banned the person who was spamming the f-slur in chat (after looking through his logs of course)

"Upon banning him, they started to get disrespectful and started saying slurs on mic, including other rule-breaking"

This is the staff member's side of the story, and doesn't appear to be just shittalking.

Oct 11, 2020
First off i understand being banned for being disrespectful however perma for us defending ourselves is unjust, the first person you banned was afk eating dinner the 2nd was just playing i was the 3rd and i was defending domino who was banned while afk i will happily take a week ban as i play on your server quite often however perma is unjustified, and as i was the main perpetrator i understand getting a longer as i was the main instigator however you're reasoning is flawed and i wish for a just trial as we are free to have an opinion and we have our rights to protect each other aswell as raiding is playing with friends now well then your servers are messed up on a whole other level you are acting very un-professional by assuming what we were doing and using flawed reasoning on a level of authority as admin or moderator is to be blunt retarded and uncivilized.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
First off i understand being banned for being disrespectful however perma for us defending ourselves is unjust, the first person you banned was afk eating dinner the 2nd was just playing i was the 3rd and i was defending domino who was banned while afk i will happily take a week ban as i play on your server quite often however perma is unjustified, and as i was the main perpetrator i understand getting a longer as i was the main instigator however you're reasoning is flawed and i wish for a just trial as we are free to have an opinion and we have our rights to protect each other aswell as raiding is playing with friends now well then your servers are messed up on a whole other level you are acting very un-professional by assuming what we were doing and using flawed reasoning on a level of authority as admin or moderator is to be blunt retarded and uncivilized.
I was not the one who banned you guys, that was @Buns , hence why I was quoting their side of the story rather than giving it myself.

Furthermore, as Domino says themselves on this appeal (and as shown under the spoiler), they were spamming a bind containing the homophobic f-slur, so I am not sure what you mean saying they were AFK.

9x1gYOh.png

As stated in Buns' side of the story, you guys were being disrespectful and saying slurs over voice-chat. This certainly does not sound like just having an opinion and covering for your friends, as you claim. I would also agree that a group of friends being toxic and using slurs sounds like a raid.

If you dispute Buns' side of the story, then please refute it. If you don't dispute his side of the story, but dispute the validity of the ban, then you're incorrect. We have zero tolerance for disrespectful/toxic behavior and any use of slurs.

Oct 11, 2020
So spamming is counted as using a bind 6 times over the span of an hour ? Please elaborate on when he was banned as he was eating rice afk when banned
Post automatically merged:

Could we just settle this with a 1 month ban and get it over with as we weren't raiding and shit talking on purpose as we were instigated and we were obviously joking about every thing we said so I am understanding if we deserver a ban but yet again a permanent ban is unnecessary, as we all play on your servers quite often and enjoy them so could you please just change the sentence from a permanent to 1 month or 2 becuase that's how long I got banned for on blw when I trash talked.

I want the to end however I wish to continue playing on your servers and with this I wish you a good day.

We were also never warned or muted first which is against most server rules to ban first so I'm guessing the raiding was an excuse to get out of more work by muting us( this is just speculation and I do not recall the intentions of myself nor the staff members actions on that day )

Last edited:

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
So spamming is counted as using a bind 6 times over the span of an hour ? Please elaborate on when he was banned as he was eating rice afk when banned
I didn't notice the times between the messages, but upon second look, it wasn't spam. Regardless, Domino posted that bind repeatedly and it is against our rules. The timing of the ban doesn't really matter since they broke our rules either way. However, if you wish to check yourself, here is the ban link (SourceBans is in CEST): https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:192084607&Submit=Search

We were also never warned or muted first which is against most server rules to ban first so I'm guessing the raiding was an excuse to get out of more work by muting us( this is just speculation and I do not recall the intentions of myself nor the staff members actions on that day )
Raiding is an offense that we do not need to warn beforehand for. Furthermore, you have previous offenses for racism, spam, & toxic behavior.

Could we just settle this with a 1 month ban and get it over with as we weren't raiding and shit talking on purpose as we were instigated and we were obviously joking about every thing we said so I am understanding if we deserver a ban but yet again a permanent ban is unnecessary, as we all play on your servers quite often and enjoy them so could you please just change the sentence from a permanent to 1 month or 2 becuase that's how long I got banned for on blw when I trash talked.

I want the to end however I wish to continue playing on your servers and with this I wish you a good day.
I'd be more willing to shorten or lift the ban if not for a few things:
1. You were muted & banned today on Cutiepie.tf for racism and evading punishment. While this isn't a community affiliated with us, I still find it to be very concerning.

2. As mentioned previously, you have been banned before for racism (>ban link<). Despite this, you tried connecting to our servers with this name:
Xx_Negro_Sl4y3r223_xX

3. You have used slurs and been toxic to others multiple times in the past, according to your chat-logs and your aforementioned punishments.

I'm still going to keep this appeal open, as I'd like to hear your response to these points, and I'm not completely against unbanning you yet. However, as of now, I don't see any good reason to lift your ban.

Oct 11, 2020
Yes however I was never warned on wonderland so as I see it your admins/mods did not follow proper procedure

The name was a joke and a reference to my old Xbox 360 name "Xx_dark_sl4y3r_xX and I accidentally joined from searching for a random trade plaza to mess around on and have some fun

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Yes however I was never warned on wonderland so as I see it your admins/mods did not follow proper procedure
If you have previous punishment(s) for breaking a certain rule, you do not need to be warned again for breaking that rule.

The name was a joke and a reference to my old Xbox 360 name "Xx_dark_sl4y3r_xX and I accidentally joined from searching for a random trade plaza to mess around on and have some fun
Alright, not much I have to add for this.

I still would like to know of a good reason to lift your ban. Even if we assume that, for the sake of argument, the "raiding" ban reasoning is dubious, I do not want to lift your ban only for you to use slurs or be toxic again.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Since you've been cooperative throughout this appeal, you've spent nearly 2 weeks banned now, and I have given Domino a chance, I will lift your ban too. However, given your numerous offenses for toxic behavior and slurs, I see the need to stress that you're on your last warning before a permanent ban.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.