Declined Banned out of the blue (Racism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Openfireops

Nov 24, 2019
1.) Include your ban profile link:

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
So a flame war on voice chat was going with some blues and reds in Jailbreak (one of the minecraft servers,) with one arguing about being warden and then micspamming (this one was banned for an hour I believe) and another was baiting in VC another for a reaction. Don't remember what he said other than "hey,... I'm going to say the N-word!" (He did get banned for a day based on what I saw on the ban list though apparently.) Didn't stick around long enough to hear what he said, but I thought it'd be funny to play along and say Nigel in text chat since it's an n word, but not a slur. Funnily enough though, it was enough to get me banned for racism. Not sure if it was sensitive staff or a quick reaction, but it left me baffled and questioning. Maybe I was more so racebaiting? But wouldn't that need a different tag?

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I don't feel using the word Nigel is a valid reason to ban for racism, especially since I try to keep my humor clean or tongue-in-cheek in comparison to other people. It's not even a slur, just a person's name. It shouldn't even be that big of a deal since it's just a one day ban, but I don't particularly feel comfortable having the tag "racism" on my account.

Sorry for not appealing sooner, it said to appeal when I was banned and gave a link to the banned list and I struggled to find my way here. I even opted to ask another player from the same server I was in what happened. Had to reset my security stuff too because I forgot the password. Sorry if I came off as rude or invasive, but it was all frustrating all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.