Best class for Gaurd (GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS).

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
1.Soldier - This is because you can keep your range while fighting and also kill rebelling scouts due to the splash damage while there trying to doge your shots
2.pyro - His not slow and his not fast good thing he has a jetpack , which he can challenge and follow rocket jumping soilder and crazy moving scouts.
3. Medic - Stick him up the soilders ass with uber ready can destroy anything in their way
4.Scout - You can win 1v1 fights against spy's, Demo man, but lets not forget the soildersplash damage can destroy them
5.Spy - Your only winning boi if your good at trick stabs.
6.Heavy - Too fat to get to the other side of the map, rather chill in Armory or medic.
7.Engineer - peer pressuring other engi's to Relaxo rancho with him.
8.Sniper - YES MORE BODY SHOT'S.
9.Demo man - effective with sticky launcher ONLY.

StarOfSouls

Wired
★ Donor ★
Aug 5, 2018
I've found sniper to be the most helpful. You can pick off inmates who are rebelling and try to hide in a crowd, and you can take out high hp classes like heavy. As long as you can hit your shots, that is.

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
Okay so I've been meaning to get back to some of these, as JB is probably my most played community server stuff. So for guards, I think that it's situational but for a general sense, here's my list

1. Sniper- Pretty obvious. His rifle can deal with most in almost any range, and some secondary choices that are nothing to scoff at. He is probably the most useful guard, ofc if he can't aim then he's as good as a bag of rocks but whatever
2. Scout- Scout get's his high tier for his speed and combat potential. He is one of the best classes for dealing with rebellers, even with ammo. "But scout sucks as mass rebels?!?" Yea, that's true. But here's the thing, mass rebels rarely happen in an lr that doesn't favor it. EG: Overheal day is pretty much asking for a mass rebel. With the exception of heavy and a few others, not many guards stand a chance. This is why this list values dealing with rebels and picks, much more common than mass rebels. Partially why engie is so high
3.Soldier- Soldier? at third? Yea, he's insane at dealing with mass rebellers and even just regular rebels, but he lacks pick potential. His rocket jumping makes up for his mobility, but still suffers a lot of health loss.
4. E n g i n e e r- Yeehaw cowboys, engineer is engihere! Why is engineer high tier you may ask? well it's simple. He's an all arounder. With a stock shotgun and pistol, no red dare step to you in the ring of honor. WIth a GS, they will be asking for the sweet release of death as your +25 hp engineer can deal with most anyone. He is much better than spy in mass rebel situations, but not as good as heavy. Anyways, he prolly my favorite jb guard.
5. Medic- OMG MEDIC?!?! well yea, medic. He's good at helping other blues and protecting the warden. Problem is, when he is dealing with mass rebels on his own, he can't do much. It's also really risky as medic is the #1 priority in regular tf2, so you draw a high target on your head. That being said, his health regen is more useful to reds but still useful nonetheless. Also uber gud
6.Spy- Pretty good at taking on picks with his revolver and knife if you can get into range, but getting into melee range of red is big bad idea. He also has bad mass rebel potential, but his combat potential is pretty good in a one v one if you can aim
7. Heavy- Poor heavy weapons guy, but yea. He's a total tank, that's about it. His health and combat potential make up for his lack of speed. His minigun ain't too bad at picking people off, but it's harder tbh.
8. Pyro- This one might be a shocker to some, but I'll be real with you. Pyro real bad at guard. His average speed but slightly higher health makes him a good base, but that's about it. Using something other than a shotgun secondary is giving up long range and pick potential. He does have pretty good combat potential though
9. Demoman-This one is pretty easy, hard to chase rebellers without sustaining heavy damage (I.E. Sticky jumping. ofc you can use the sticky jumper but then you lose combat potential). He is also incredibly hard to pick people off with, as he is a cc class.

Side note, combat potential is either dealing with mass rebels or a class with ammo or a class that is rebelling

Also this is MY list, my own opinions, and everyone can have their own opinions

Reactions: EmoEggs

Midnight

Nov 30, 2018
I Prefer sniper and scout cause with the sniper you can see your enemy from far away and headshot em and scout is the best cause you can follow them and if you are close enough you can shot the rebeler and left him with low hp

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
I’ll go scout on famous, final, space, and hop cause you can easily be rushed by a scout but not have any good high ground, well mine craft and casuarina I’ll prefer sniper.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Depends on the situation

Overall (No shit LR planned): Sniper. Long range, decent medium, ass at close. Sniper main with good aim can destroy entire red teams with ease. Fits my play-style as well.

Shit Guards/Low Guard Count: Soldier: Mobility, lethality at all ranges, good health, intimidating. Not much can go wrong except for the speed that is rather slow. Dont like to play soldier because hes too easy and I fucking despise playing something skill-less. But I will save that rant for another day.

Hide N' Seek: Scout. Because everything else is slow and since (after 7.0 update) inmates gets slowed (if chosen via LR menu & isn't a custom request) there's no point in delaying the round by using other classes. Just pick scout, k, thx, bye.

Warday: Medic/Sniper. Medic if I feel like my team dont fucking suck & is capable of getting at least a few kills before getting overrun, sniper if I need to carry.

Hunger Games/Purge: Medic. Can't compete with out. Don't care what you say. Passive regeneration is overpowered in these days. Got hit? Run for ~7 seconds and you can tank another hit. Conch & Backpack for sniper don't count since they are extremely slow at healing. Even if random crits are enabled you're still good to go. Random Crits 60% of the time like engineers. Sweeeeeet!

Edit: I really like the red color. Wonder why :bbtcat: