Best class to rebel for

maurve

★ Donor ★
Jun 23, 2018
it really depends on what classes blu has, how competent they are, and if there is an lr that gives a certain class an advantage. i think the best class for rebelling is demo because blus dont stay away from reds, so its easy to kill any light classes that get too close to a pile of reds, and youll get charge from it as well, so you can charge at any other light classes that are on the same or lower elevation

Jynx

Jun 22, 2020
I usually rebel with Demoman with the half Zatoichi. Blus get too close and light classes are two shots. So if one baits you just hit them once then charge them, gaining overheal and a bit of charge as well. What you do from there is up to you. Run back into the pile of reds or run away and attack later. It depends on what classes you're good at as stated above. I've seen people successfully run away as a literal heavy. As long as you know how to play a class well, it shouldn't be too hard to rebel as long as the blus arent constantly aware of rebellers.

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
Solo rebelling? Scout or Sniper. Scout is really good because of speed, obviously, but falls off not only in health, but in my opinion the biggest factor is the less damage from melees. Ends up taking longer to break into armory, which is really bad (I see true rebelling as getting ammo, not just fighting back, demoknight for that). Sniper is really good if you're good at him but only once you get ammo, which can be really tricky, and usually requires luck. Now, my favorite way to rebel is sandman scout with kritz medic. Sandman is awesome for rebelling because the chip damage you get while running is amazing, and the slow, though not as good as the pre-nerf sandman, is still really useful. then, once med gets kritz, which charges faster than stock, you run in and beat anyone chasing you to death. Boston basher is a really good alternative because building uber becomes almost trivial, but I like the utility of sandman a lot.