Best FPS config?

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
I usually run TF2 in DXlevel 90, I also use the mastercomfig config, I was just wondering if anybody could recommend better FPS config? (I don't care about how my graphics look), I downgraded to DXlevel 81 to scrape more FPS, it seems to make my PC more stable around 50 FPS with almost a full server (up from about 40), but I want to keep my frame consistently in the 60-100 range since I can hit 100+ FPS with only a few players on a server.
I was thinking about going for comanglia toaster config but I'm not sure if it's up to date anymore since I heard mastercomfig was the best.
Just want an opinion on what I could do to scrape more FPS out.
I'd rather keep my hats so the no hats mod is off limits (unless I get really desperate).

Neliel

Laureline
★ Donor ★
Nov 26, 2018
the ISS
Depends on the PC you have. It helps me to cap my fps to 60 fps, as that is my screens refresh rate. It saves CPU power and GPU power when you get the death cam (frozen pic of your killer). Without the cap I get up to 170fps at that moment, but right after it drops to low 40. If you don't know how to cap fps, just type in console - fps_max 60 or any number above 30 and below 300. Hope this helps. But I'd still like to have your PC specs to give you a better config.