Pet peeves

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
tenor.gif

What are your pet peeves? I probably could go on for a while about mine, but I'll hone in on one specific pet peeve of mine for now:

I can't tell you how much I can get ticked off by Steam notifications. See, when I'm in a server and people are rule-breaking on mic or otherwise doing stuff I need to pay my attention to, it's really annoying when the list on the bottom right of who is currently using mic is blocked by "SomePersonINeverTalkTo is now playing Team Fortress 2." or "SomePersonIDontEvenKnow is now online." They always seem to pop up at the worst times, and the only way you can quickly click away from them quickly is to click it and thereby open a Steam chat, which makes it even more annoying IMO. And before you say it: Yes I know you can disable these notifications, though I've always wanted to keep track of this stuff for myself. Though, I've had to recently disable the "___ is now online" notifications given a bad predicament where someone was mic-spamming racism and Tuesday Steam maintenance had just ended for everyone. :angery:

Alibi

Forum Activist
Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I have two pet peeves that are linked together.

Firstly, when predefined rules are followed to the letter without understanding why they are in place and the reason for their existence, with no consideration for extenuating circumstances. A kind of black and white morality, including the idea of being guilty until proven innocent. What is the point of enforcing a rule when the reason for that rule existing in the first place is either very weak or has been changed over time? If you don't consider the context of why the rule was created in the first place, you fail to enforce a rule as it was supposed to be. It may come into question why the rule exists at all, and if such a rule should be either updated or removed outright.

And secondly, when people with power consider themselves above the "Lowly mortals" and freely uses their powers for their own benefit, letting their emotions make their decisions rather than allowing for due process. It is so easy, so petty, to use a power over someone else simply for your own gain.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Here's two more pet peeves of mine:
  • Lag. I'm an impatient person, so nothing ticks me off more than lots of buffering and/or lag.
  • This is more minor of a pet peeve tbh, but I find it kind of annoying of people when they apologize for something when there was no or little need to apologize. Pointlessly saying "sorry!"

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
When my PS4 controllers don't charge despite using the charger

I shouldn't have to choose between my phone or my controllers just because my ps4 chargers decided to break

it also mutes my computer cause the charger i use for my phone is connected to my computer

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
hmmm probably when people saying something so stupid and it does not relate in the slightest my natural reaction is to call them either retarded or stupid.
second biggest pet peeve are people who just don't shut the hell up
third rules breakers, more specifically free-killers or people who pardon one red because they like him/her
either than that I am a-ok and I will not get mad

Last edited by a moderator: