Borderlands 2

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
So, I picked up Borderlands 2: The Handsome Collection since it's on sale and I played a bit of it on my PS4. I had only played Krieg and Maya, I was just wandering who I should play because I know nothing about the characters abilities except Krieg's and Maya's. I was told to try Axton, Salvador or Gaige, but I don't know since there's still Zer0. Anyone able to recommend which character I should play?

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
Gaige is literally made for new characters. Has a bunch of bonus damage, her bullets, if you get the skills, literally become aimbot.

Salvador is the strongest one out of every character in every game. He has so much raw damage if you stack up his "money shot" skill.

Axton is an overall balanced character, and is recommended for new people other than Gaige.

Nobody ever really recommends Zer0 because once you get into Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, he kinda falters. He does have as much potential as other characters do, and its very hard to solo the game unless you go full melee. Going sniper on him with UVHM is basically suicide, because getting just one shot crits is basically impossible unless ur able to grenade slag and then headshot, but even that can get them MAX ~10% hp left and enemies can easily fuck you up, so it's better to just go full melee with him.

Hope this helps^^

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
Gaige is literally made for new characters. Has a bunch of bonus damage, her bullets, if you get the skills, literally become aimbot.

Salvador is the strongest one out of every character in every game. He has so much raw damage if you stack up his "money shot" skill.

Axton is an overall balanced character, and is recommended for new people other than Gaige.

Nobody ever really recommends Zer0 because once you get into Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, he kinda falters. He does have as much potential as other characters do, and its very hard to solo the game unless you go full melee. Going sniper on him with UVHM is basically suicide, because getting just one shot crits is basically impossible unless ur able to grenade slag and then headshot, but even that can get them MAX ~10% hp left and enemies can easily fuck you up, so it's better to just go full melee with him.

Hope this helps^^
Thanks man! I'll try Gaige and level her up a bit and then try Salvador once I'm back into the feel of the game and learn more about it! Is there any specific perks I should focus on getting on Gaige?

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
If you want THE MAXIMUM DAMAGE you can go for Anarchy, it makes you less accurate, but you get a stack every time you get a kill, and reload without pressing the R button. But that's okay if you become inaccurate, because she gets "close enough" which, at 5 ranks gives u 50% chance for your bullets to bounce from the floor, and if you're using a shotgun with 20 bullets, each bullet gets the bonus damage, and then 10 of those bullets bounce. You should at LEAST cap your anarchy at 200 stacks, to make sure you don't get too inaccurate. And later on that same build path, you get Nth bullet, which at first rank the 9th bullet ricochets from first target to another, and it upgrades 5 times all the way to 5th bullet being able to bounce. Shes really op with pistols or shotguns if you build her like this. You can get her a Maggie, or a Butcher if you plan to get Legendaries / Pearlescents.