• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined bring in Custom Tf2 Weapons sm_gimme Plugin For VIP or VIP +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctis

★ Donor ★
Oct 14, 2020
Skyrim
i have a Suggestion For the !Vipmenu For VIPS for in game. bring in the sm_gimme plugin Allowing VIPS to have use with custom Weapons

i know custom weapons can be Abused But i mean bring in the support type custom weapons or Make them Example: make a custom Weapon like Rocket jumper to have Ammo Regen on Servers that dont have unlimited ammo or have it a small HOT [ heal over time ] or in general make custom Weapons that have extra perks like a Sniper But after each kill replenishes some health etc Idk just a Suggestion would maybe bring in more people to buy VIP +

Sorry if this is in the wrong Section

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
This could be pay to win, and I'm pretty sure staff have already said this would never be added as a VIP only feature, because they don't want anything to be pay to win. I agree it might be cool to have for everyone though.

Noctis

★ Donor ★
Oct 14, 2020
Skyrim
This could be pay to win, and I'm pretty sure staff have already said this would never be added as a VIP only feature, because they don't want anything to be pay to win. I agree it might be cool to have for everyone though.
Yeah it could be used as P2w But custom Guns can be made fairly easy with some code and knowledge and they could be made not op or game changing Just simple guns with a added perk Since people do pay 25 keys for vip+ i say make it a only VIP + Feature

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
Yeah it could be used as P2w But custom Guns can be made fairly easy with some code and knowledge and they could be made not op or game changing Just simple guns with a added perk Since people do pay 25 keys for vip+ i say make it a only VIP + Feature
But people don't pay 25 keys with the idea of getting possibly abusable or op weapon bonuses. People pay for VIP for all the reasons listed on the donation screen, and, to support the server. I personally don't want to get extra perks in combat over other players. I know you could say "well then don't use them" but I know that other people will, and in a game like tf2, there aren't really small enough perks to make something just a little bonus. Like your suggestion of sniper gaining some health after a kill is not a small balanced upgrade, it's literally just a really strong upside.

Noctis

★ Donor ★
Oct 14, 2020
Skyrim
But people don't pay 25 keys with the idea of getting possibly abusable or op weapon bonuses. People pay for VIP for all the reasons listed on the donation screen, and, to support the server. I personally don't want to get extra perks in combat over other players. I know you could say "well then don't use them" but I know that other people will, and in a game like tf2, there aren't really small enough perks to make something just a little bonus. Like your suggestion of sniper gaining some health after a kill is not a small balanced upgrade, it's literally just a really strong upside.

Fair enough, This is a Suggestion anyways So it wont likely get Approved, Would be Fun to have and use against Friends

I disagree and fully support against the addition of this plugin. SiNine9 has covered all of it but I want to make a point from experience. As a former PBfortress Member and Staff member, VIP was pretty much pay to win but with that you could pay for credits to buy the weapons in PBfortress and that became pay to win quickly. The few server that where less affected by OP weapons was War3. We don't have War3 servers and it would just turn Wonderland into a pay to win style and the idea of VIP here would lose its original purpose. Like above people get VIP to support the server and to only get cosmetics nothing that can change the gameplay beside a few commands that if abused you lose your VIP perms. I'd prefer not to see Wonderland turn into a semi toxic player base on Pay to wins for VIPs.
by the way some of the weapons had effects like you where immune to headshots, immune to backstabs, making you move faster, jump higher, and heal faster with a passive heal or giving you one.

Last edited:

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I agree with the others above that this could be considered P2W (giving VIPs the unique advantage of access to certain weapons). However, I'm open to the idea of a custom weapons server, or maybe custom weapons in /weps to some extent, so perhaps either or could be done.

This idea specifically is declined, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.