Declined Cookie Monster discord appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom Guy

Apr 26, 2020
Discord is: Duality#3063

So basically, a new guy joined and I jokingly said "Hey cunt" followed up by "Welcome, hope you check out #isolation because that's where I'm heading"

As you can see this is an obvious joke not meant to harm anybody, as you can see I like joking around with stuff like this and if you read my previous appeals you will know that all of the times I was placed in isolation was for trying to be funny or crack a joke. I'm really trying to be active in this community but it becomes very hard when the only things you can do is casually talk and not joke around even a little bit. I find it's unfair to be isod for this reason, for what? Trying to make people laugh a bit?

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I understand if it's your sense of humor, but others can easily take what you're saying as offensive. It's literally insulting, and tone/sarcasm is hard to convey over text. Furthermore, you said this to a user who just joined the server, which is unwelcoming and further guarantees the user won't be in on any "joke" (like a regular who would take what you're saying as just banter).

Anyway, if this was your first offense, I'd be happy to lift your isolation with just a warning. However, this is far from your first offense. In fact, on this previous appeal, you were warned that further toxic/disrespectful behavior will result in a ban. As this is clearly so, I will be keeping my word.

Appeal declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.