• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Jailbreak Couple of JB suggestions

Hershey

Jun 25, 2018
United States
Just a couple of suggestions if have thought of and wanted to shoot. Some might not be possible, if even any but i thought i should just put them out there. Some of these might not even be "balanced" but there just ideas. Im gonna make a few sections if i think things should be grouped together followed my a miscellaneous section of random thoughts and ideas.
Again, im just spit balling. Some thoughts I will give some examples/reasoning behind some of them

Warden back stab protection:
  • Give warden a notification when they lose their back stab protection
  • Give spies who break the back stab protection rebel status(A freeday can break the back stab protection and keep moving on like nothing happened. I think this a problem because of some wardens lack of awareness that this has happened. This can also be remedied by the notification stated above)
  • Give the spy who back stabbed warden a notification about breaking the protection(The amount of times ive been back stabbed once and seen the spy type "but I saw the animation..." is uncountable)
Rebel status:
  • Demos lose their charge after losing rebel status. I think we should do the same thing with scouts double jump or remove the restriction of the rebel status to demo
  • An accurate timer on rebel status.You do get a chat notification when rebelling along the lines of "you will have rebel status for 30 seconds after it will fade" but with the changes to demos charge(and possible scout double jump) I think players should get an accurate timer and not just a 30 seconds warning
  • Hitting an engineers building should not give rebel status
  • Med packs should not give rebel status(this was a thing altho im not sure if it is anymore)
  • If a spy with the your eternal reward backstabs a blue player they should not be given rebel status(or atleast a short one)
Miscellaneous:
  • tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1 (we already removed crits can we do the same with spread?) (I will also make a pole about this because I want to see everyones thoughts)
  • Some kind of bounty system. People often say "30k credits for whoever kills ___" or similar. I think if there is a way to make it so u can spend credits to put a bounty on someone so that when a player kills then they are rewarded an amount of credits(and if possible make it so they stack and it does not go away when leaving the server)
Thanks for reading. Some of these I have had in the idea machine for awhile now and brought up to a few admins before but finally decided to make a list and post it here. I will be checking back in to see how it is going/ if anyone has questions I would we willing to answer(if i can)
One last thing, I know this is kinda a jumbled mess but i wanted to get these out here and have players and admins think about them

Reactions: Xypher

Niki

Actually a demon
Senior Admin ★★
Records Manager ★
★ Donor ★
Jun 26, 2019
Czech Republic
Give warden a notification when they lose their back stab protection
Could be usefull sometimes, but its the wardens fault for not paying attancion.
Some kind of bounty system. People often say "30k credits for whoever kills ___" or similar. I think if there is a way to make it so u can spend credits to put a bounty on someone so that when a player kills then they are rewarded an amount of credits(and if possible make it so they stack and it does not go away when leaving the server)
Im strictly against that. Could encourage in rulebreaking/freekilling of reds.
f_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1 (we already removed crits can we do the same with spread?) (I will also make a pole about this because I want to see everyones thoughts)
This could maybe work but Im not sure. It could be done on 1 server first and well see the feedback.
Med packs should not give rebel status(this was a thing altho im not sure if it is anymore)
This is already fixed on most maps.

Conclusion: Most of the stuff is -1 for me. Only thing I would +1 is the weaponspreads.

D

Deleted member 9670

-1 to all
Random bullet spread disabled pretty much eay before
Demo shouldnt have infinite charge cuz its op asf, eternal reward shouldnt give you free out of jail card

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
  • Give spies who break the back stab protection rebel status(A freeday can break the back stab protection and keep moving on like nothing happened. I think this a problem because of some wardens lack of awareness that this has happened. This can also be remedied by the notification stated above)
  • Give the spy who back stabbed warden a notification about breaking the protection(The amount of times ive been back stabbed once and seen the spy type "but I saw the animation..." is uncountable)
Rebel status:
  • Demos lose their charge after losing rebel status. I think we should do the same thing with scouts double jump or remove the restriction of the rebel status to demo
  • An accurate timer on rebel status.You do get a chat notification when rebelling along the lines of "you will have rebel status for 30 seconds after it will fade" but with the changes to demos charge(and possible scout double jump) I think players should get an accurate timer and not just a 30 seconds warning
  • Hitting an engineers building should not give rebel status
  • Med packs should not give rebel status(this was a thing altho im not sure if it is anymore)
  • If a spy with the your eternal reward backstabs a blue player they should not be given rebel status(or atleast a short one)

Unquestionably was expecting a suggestion comparable toward this to show up, +1.

Miscellaneous:
  • tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1 (we already removed crits can we do the same with spread?) (I will also make a pole about this because I want to see everyones thoughts)
  • Some kind of bounty system. People often say "30k credits for whoever kills ___" or similar. I think if there is a way to make it so u can spend credits to put a bounty on someone so that when a player kills then they are rewarded an amount of credits(and if possible make it so they stack and it does not go away when leaving the server)
Negative not required, -1.

thunder

lightning
Honorary Member ★
Sep 25, 2019
Maryland

All servers already use fixed weapon spread, see here.

Xypher

Owner ★★★
Jul 11, 2017
the clouds
Rebel status:
The changes listed above are implemented and should be live on the next changelog; still unsure about the other ones

Hershey

Jun 25, 2018
United States
-1 to all
Random bullet spread disabled pretty much eay before
Demo shouldnt have infinite charge cuz its op asf, eternal reward shouldnt give you free out of jail card
By demo charge being infinite Im gonna assume u mean once u get it u get it forever(recharges after rebel status). If this is true what I ment was that the demo gets his charge and it does recharge while having rebel status. Altho after losing it they still get to use a charge but it will not recharge after unless they refresh their rebel status
All servers already use fixed weapon spread, see here.
Ok, maybe it was just a bug but I was on the IL JB server and I turned on the markers bullets leave when hitting the wall and with each shot they went in random directions(this was with the scattergun) so I just thought it was like that this all servers(altho I dont know why it was like this on the IL server)