• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Dead Ringer for Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebeller | wln.tf

Jun 23, 2020
I love playing spy, but while i'm playing jailbreak spy has many disadvantages and most of his major tools are redacted.
So I was wondering since the dead ringer isn't like the invis watch and it could save you from one hit and save a spy from many different occasions such as a mass rebel or a force rebeller.
I was wondering if it could be added and usable for spy in TF2 Wonderland.tf jailbreak.
I believe this shouldn't be such a hassle to deal with and i'm sure community spy players would be satisfied aswell.

Thanks for reading.
-Asmo

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
I'm assuming all watches are banned in jb.

Imo, I would say its a 70% no while 30% yes
here are my pros and con on that suggestion.

Pros:
- Can be use if they have rebel status (They can't use that watch if they don't have rebel status)
-Pretty fun for spies if they're gonna rebel

Cons
- Pyros: It might be an issue if dead ringer is enable to use it, there's a chance that Pyros will do "spy check" whenever the spy got fake killed (the point is that pyros might accident mass freehit or mass freekill the inmates if they spycheck).

I don't have more opinions in it.
I'll be voting Neutral leaning to -1

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
I'm going to agree with Kyo’s con that was brought up. For my vote ill go with, -1. Also, the explanation I'm not voting the exact as kyo’s is because as I hold another con I reckon the round will extend for a long period after the dead ringer being used and the spy will disappear which for a big map is terrible however, patience comes first regardless for a weak class that does less damage or effect against any side and class wouldn't make players play, happily, I do think for players perspective it wouldn't come to beneficial towards having the dead ringer added.

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
I think we need to keep in mind that spy is always a seemingly weak class, until they’ve successfully escaped and backstabbed 3 guards without anyone knowing. Spy doesn’t need a tool to fake his death with, when without any ammo he can already instantly kill people. I’ve seen a few spies rebel well, and I don’t think we need a dead ringer for him. -1

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
Honestly I believe that spy watches should be able to be used but, something similar to a demo man charge in a sense and if we could, maybe make it so that it runs out fast so than you aren't invis for a long duration.
+1.
The reason why I am giving this a +1 is because of the fact that I always wanted to see this work in some way and it would he interesting. But, the only way I see it working is if it works like a demo charge so after rebelling you get the full charge but, you have limited time because of the fact that you would t want it to be going forever. Than once the rebeller status is gone than you wont be able to use it anymore. I may be fighting for a lost cause but, at the same time I am just really fond of this idea as a whole and rrally want to see it work. But, you would have to elaborate as to what the watch can do because leaving the watch as is isnt gonna be very fair and would be broken so there has to be restrictions in place.

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
On blue it's pretty overpowered since a spy can just easily sit in a corner with no one knowing, on red it's overpowered for a similar reason.

There is a reason that invis watches are disabled on a whole, -1

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
No dead ringers on jailbreak. It will be an absolute disaster. I've seen how people used in on russian jailbreaks, and they managed to run right into armoury without being detected. It will be a very overpowered. -1

dimmy

Popular Member
Jan 24, 2020
I'm willing to bet that dead-ringer would single-handly make the red team significantly better, you can do very little against a free speed-boost, free damage resistance, get out of jail free card that REGENS.

Absolutely not, please no
Post automatically merged:

I'm willing to bet that dead-ringer would single-handly make the red team significantly better, you can do very little against a free speed-boost, free damage resistance, get out of jail free card that REGENS.

Absolutely not, please no
Deadringer alone would obviously force several blues to run pyro
You deadring in main cell area, you have like 30 areas to run to

Jynx

Jun 22, 2020
A Dead Ringer for Blu spies means that it's just another means of baiting without getting punished. It also means that they could use it against rebellers. Obviously, the whole idea of the Dead ringer is to fake your death, but in a game mode like Jailbreak, it'd be broken. This also goes for the other watches. With the stock watch and C&D, you could easily armory camp or just hide in a corner and delay. Having watches enabled just makes for a longer round.

A dead ringer for Red spies is a stupid idea, I'm not going to lie. They could easily run up to a Blu, hit them once, and whip out their dead ringer for a trivially easy escape. If we're talking about the stock watch and C&D, they could easily force bait a Blu, run back into a group of reds, cloak, and then run away. Having watches enabled for Red is incredibly broken, even more so than for Blus.

The Dead Ringer or any watch provides unbalance to Jailbreak. It makes it incredibly easy to rebel on red, which would mean most people would switch to playing Spy for an easy rebel, paired also with Spy's ability to backstab and one-shot guards(2 shots warden). The Deadringer just means blus will be able to bait and get away with it. The stock watch and C&D are just another means to delay or armory camp in some scenarios.

Overall, adding the spy watches into jailbreak servers would be broken for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.