• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Deathrun map voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogDispenser

Apr 14, 2020
I don't know how many times this has been said, but It's getting so annoying that I don't really care if it has. There needs to be someway for maps to stop being replayed over and over again. Everyday on dr playstation always gets picked at least 3 times a day and extended twice. Same can be said for maps like neonoir. I don't know how, but there needs to be a way to resolve this issue.
Post automatically merged:

Another thing. I am aware that rtv exists. But the sad truth is that it doesn't always work.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I totally get what you mean, but at the same time, if a majority of people are consistently voting certain maps, then that's nothing wrong with the map voting system. It's just those maps are really popular, and it'd be counterproductive to restrict them based on their popularity.

Here's an alternative suggestion: a second Deathrun server with only popular maps such as Playstation. This would appeal to the many players who like those maps, so they can play them more often then they'd normally be able to.

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
Here's an alternative suggestion: a second Deathrun server with only popular maps such as Playstation. This would appeal to the many players who like those maps, so they can play them more often then they'd normally be able to.
i like that. i would want this.

Last edited:

sunstep

★ Donor ★
May 17, 2020
Lian Yu
+1 good idea would love to see that, a new server with popular maps only. and about the voting system: it already takes a while before a map can be nominated again. and as for the extension there is a limit that you can't extend it more than two times. So that means they made it like that so people don't endlessly extend it. 2x extend max is fine by me. But maps such as playstation only get extended if we are hunting for the budcard for example. or there is just no good map on the vote.

Skiffy

Jun 2, 2020
I don't think it would make sense to make a separate server for popular maps if those maps will stay on the regular server, because the popular maps will still get voted just as often on the regular server. However, if we remove the popular maps from the regular server, the server with the popular maps will, logically, be more popular. Way more players, way more frequently, so this is a lose-lose situation.

I think either the 6-map gap between revotes is good how it is right now, or make that separate server with popular maps, and even further extend the gap on the regular server (8 or more) for wider variety.

Skiffy

Jun 2, 2020
-1 8 more more makes it worse that's 4 hours before you can play a map again
That's what we're gonna have the popular-map server for.

There's a list of about 80 maps to choose from, but there's absolutely no point in having them if 70 of them aren't chosen at all.
One server for popular, well-made maps to tryhard on.
One server for trying out all the other available maps in case you're tired of the same 4 maps over and over. That server needs a higher number of map gaps between revotes though, for the purpose of variety, otherwise we're having the same problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.