• We are giving away VIP+ and a bunch of games! Check out the Giveaways section.

Declined Demonic Odd's Reapplication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonic Odd

Platinum
Honorary Member ★
  • No VAC ban(s) on record | Info [ ]
  • Clean [+]SteamREP | Info [ ]
  • No registered bans on the community. (Depends on severity) | Info [ ]
  • Member in our steam group | Info [ ]
  • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ]
  • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [ ] (7k hours.)
  • Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ] * (Over 300)
  • Team player with great communication skills (English) [ ] *
  • No limited steam account. | Info [ ]
  • Forum Activity (at least +10 forum posts) [ ]
* = indspensable requirement

Location: Sweden (Timezone - Central European Time UTC+01:00)
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DemonicOdd/
Do you have a microphone?: Yes, in good quality.
How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 6.5. I’d consider myself decent with some mistakes here and there, but I am at the very least understandable.
Will you be able to help donate monthly?: It’s a possibility in the future.

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:
M-F 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST
Saturday: N/A
Sunday: N/A

Mostly on the evening time, late evening, midnight, etc, depending on my mood and so on, I have sleeping problems so I usually stay awake longer than I should. I can wake up at different times due to my sleeping schedule being screwed, but for the most part, it’s consistent. During those times, I tend to hang out on the servers for quite awhile, usually staying for a few hours as you can see, especially on jailbreak since it's one of my favourite game modes.

It does conflict with my highlander scrims and official matches which usually start at 19 - 21 CET between saturday and sunday, and it usually lasts around 1 hour or less. Apart from time 19 between 21 CET, i'm free most of the time unless otherwise.

I’m free on the weekend unless I say otherwise.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did you hold it?:
Yes, I held as an admin rank over DNGaming, Azure, a combined community together. I held the position over few months, not able to say a correct number since it was a long time ago. I resigned from DNGaming due to huge conflicts regarding the owner, and the whole community base itself to avoid drama. I resigned from being the staff manager in the community, simply put.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Admin and Forum Moderator will effect the community?: (2 paragraphs min.)
My acceptance as a server admin and forum moderator will have a major effect on the community, since I can invest my time and efforts by enforcing the rules in a friendly, mature way, moderate the servers and add rules to custom game modes if required and so on.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
My improvement with the community/servers would make the servers more enjoyable, relaxing, and joyful, so that people can enjoy playing without having to deal with any rulebreakers, making the game/server a lot more fun.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on?:
I mostly spend and invest my time in the Jailbreak EU/USA servers, since that’s where most rulebreakers are at, since the rules there can be broken easily. But of course, I’ll check on the other servers as well if everything is under control.

Since the slender fortress 2 gamemode has been fixed recently by Xypher, so it’ll be playable and enjoyable to play on, especially for me. It's a very old-school gamemode for me, which is why I enjoy it so much.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
Yes, I do have full experience with administrating through SourceMod, through my experience in my old communities i’ve been in.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
I have supported Wonderland.TF by inviting friends, spreading information about the community, vip perks, cons, pros, and investing my time on the servers. I have supported the community by enforcing the rules, and introducing players to the forum as a player as well.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?: (2 paragraphs min.)
You should accept me because I have experience through SourceMod, I’m bilingual and able to talk to other players in swedish if their english isn’t very good or fluent, I’m very tolerant towards immature people and trollers. I can speak with a low tone and I’m a good problem solver.

I am able to show restraint in situations that call for being mature and reasonable, I'm not a person to just jump right into situations involving people unless it's needed, I prefer getting the facts over making any form of judgment calls, of what others have advised me to to do beforehand.

I hate to see others put on a metaphorical mask just to feel accepted or welcomed. Overall, I would just love to make others feel comfortable and happy.

Despite my goofy nature, I am capable of taking situations seriously if they call for it, especially within administration.

I'm a very rational and practical person when dealing with situations & tasks.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:
I’m someone who likes to have a good time with friends as well as randoms. I'm not too sociable of a person, a bit quiet until I get comfortable, which doesn't take long.

I’m a Source Filmmaker hobbyist and have been using the program for at least a year. I mainly focus on original work but will occasionally do commissions.

I also like sheep.

purple

but i prefer orange
Honorary Member ★
Personally, I am going to give my verdict soley on the application and how I've seen Demonic myself. Unless I am showed solid proof of a extremely bad occurance of actions by Demonic, then I will reconsider, but as of now, I haven't seen any toxicity from Demonic. Now, your application is fairly good, I have no major complaints, and I suppose you have been pretty alright in game. I suppose I'll give a +1, but I am giving you this expecting that you will not make the same mistakes you've made in the past.

I wish you good luck.

EDIT: I cannot bare to befriend someone who shows the kind of disrespect and toxicity you have towards others. Vriska does not deserve the kind of abuse she receives from you, finding pictures of others for the amusement and use of blackmailing is extremely disrespectful. From the DM's I've had with Vriska about you're behavior, and the verdict she has posted, I am changing my vote on this application.

Last edited:

Sanxis

Symmetra rework will fail
Admin ★
I have known you for 3 years. Even tough you have some issues and your general attitude isnt that great , you were a good staff member when you didint troll people. So my vote is +1

Edit : After the recent events , I'm going to change my vote to -1

Last edited:

TrueMyth

Cool, calm and collected
Admin ★
I've known you for a while now. But haven't seen any sort of trolling. Maybe you have, but you seem to have stopped doing that (if you even trolled around) Otherwise i think you where a great staff member before that. And i would love to have you back to the team bro!
+1
Edit: After looking at all the replies i am gonna give a -1 for the same reason as all the others

Last edited:

Eight

★ VIP ★

While I appreciate your presence sometimes since you can be a chill and friendly person, from my and other staff members' experiences, I do not believe you are fit to be a moderator. There have been various instances of disrespectful behavior from you, such as with the staff disrespect ban you had received, and I believe they go beyond mutual fun and into legitimate disrespect, this isn't mentioning arguing with staff as well which you have done various times. Furthermore, whilst you were staff, you had caused many issues such as misusing your permissions, spreading false rules, and even harassing other staff. You also tended to mess around a lot as staff, not taking situations seriously like you claim to be able to and more-so playing around and having fun. While that is all fine and dandy sometimes, other times it's at best unfit and at worse escalating a situation as staff. I've seen this messing around when you shouldn't be reflected in more current situations as well.

Ultimately, my main point is that you've portrayed yourself as immature, and I can't trust you to staff the servers. I feel too much trouble will arise given the behavior you've shown whilst you were a staff member here and post-resignation.

I'd also like to note you've failed to really address any of this past negative behavior from you, even though I know you are aware of it and ideally you should at least attempt to come up with a good explanation for it since it's a definite point of concern for many staff.

Ray

Head Weenie
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★

Mycin

survives off coffee and bagels
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Your history in the Wonderland.tf community is deeply troubling. Seven members of current staff (29.1%) have come forward and personally explained situations of your abuse of powers. This alone, in my opinion, is enough to deny your application, but it seems fair to leave all the information I can to claim my case.

The most common report I was given was using a command to freeze a players mouse and keyboard for a short period of time. This abuse may seem minor but can drastically affect a game. Players report, dying in minigames, getting killed in fights, and being unable to follow warden orders in jailbreak. Clearly these are not victimless or harmless, players who told you to stop were often ignored having to deal with further abuse in the future. One of our members of staff ended up buying a new mouse believing that the freezing was due to a hardware issue. Other reports deal with using sm_giveweapon to gain an advantage in fights, giving unfair punishments, and general toxicity unbecoming of staff.

Speaking to a member of the Glubbable community you seemed happy to ignore rule breakers as long as you were friends with them. Quote: “There was also an accident, that he came on the server with a Child who was using a voice changer. When I was talking about his friend having a voice changer he tried to change the topic and confuse me with other things.” This kind of behavior isn’t acceptable as staff, even if you choose to privately message them, not taking action against this shows to me that you wouldn’t be fit as staff.

After retiring you continued to be an active member of the community, however as a member there have been many incidents of arguing with staff, and toxic actions against other member of the community, including staff. These situations cannot be overlooked. Very recently you argued about calling people “retarded” being disrespectful. Being past staff you should know the server is not the place to argue, issues can be brought to the forums, or to the staff manager.

I don’t believe I need to further my point. I’ll be giving a -1 on this application, and on any future applications unless you can truly prove you’ve changed.

Edit: Fixed Spacing.

Last edited:

Mom

Dumb Ass
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★

It appeared as if you might have banked on someone here holding your past experiences here in a positive light, but as others that remember your actions, and bearing witness to the most recent upset you caused, that won't be the case for me either. You've had a larger history here that involve upsets (either between one user or multiple at once) and misleading others, that it overshadows the good that you've done. It'd be easier to give a more positive rating if you could've proven you'd made changes to how you interacted with the community at large, and so far as i'm able to tell it hasn't made any positive progress.
In relation to the one instance i'm talking about, you were asked to stop quite a lot before you finally did, when it really didn't need to drag on like it did.

Mattaroni

Unaware He Will Place 65th
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Everything has essentially been said, and I have been successfully convinced that you are not ready for a staff position here. I'd rather not work alongside a problematic staff member in this, or any community. Instead of writing what you wrote in the "telling us a little bit about yourself" question, you could have talked about past mistakes you have made and how you have grown from them. In my eyes, you're just going to repeat history if you're accepted back here. It seems you're already on that path.

I want to see you change your habits and work to be a better you. Until then, I will be voting No.
Good luck, Demonic.

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Super-Admin ★
+1
Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of the incidents of late that you've been a part of, not to mention the amount of times you've mislead players and staff with incorrect information. However given that you were also in some cases an admirable staff member that people looked up to before your unfortunate resignation, I'm in a position to support you having a second chance as long as you work to improve upon your previous mistakes. Good luck.

Vriska

(vriska)
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
I would like to start off by saying I derive no joy from writing this and I do hope you take the denial of this application as an opportunity to either better yourself as a person or leave this community and not come back.

Eight and Mycin seem to have said most everything there is to say on the topic of you abusing your admin powers. This includes but is not limited to “using a command to freeze a players mouse and keyboard for a short period of time [...] using sm_giveweapon to gain an advantage in fights, giving unfair punishments, and general toxicity unbecoming of staff.” Your previous ban for “staff disrespect” is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to disrespect. You hold yourself above other players, seeing yourself a superior to them not only as a player but as a person. You are an extremely toxic player who thinks it’s funny to do things like spam the n-word on other players profile while previously banning players for doing the same thing when you were staff.

This introduces a double standard that you often used in your favor; because you are staff, you won’t get banned for actions that would immediately get a normal player banned. You were able to get away with this at the time by leaving as small of a paper trail on the servers as you could by insulting players over mic or through off server means like personal messages or on their profiles. While you may read this and think that it was all in good fun, many people do not see it that way.

This is as far as Eight, Mycin, and the other staff have gone reading through what they wrote.
This is a screenshot of the first conversation we ever had
Screenshot (47).png
While at the time you claimed you did not know that Omelet was a minor, I fail to see how you could have no knowledge of this as she applied while you were staff and had her date of birth on the application. Even if you truly had no knowledge of this, I find it disgusting that you would talk about another person that you aren't in a relationship with like that. I regret to say that at the time I did not stand up for her and see the warning signs that you were this kind of person. I would also like to point out that you repeatedly talk about your masturbation habits with me, no matter how much I asked you to stop.

You constantly harassed me as well, and again, would continue to do so after I requested you to stop. This includes asking me questions about a guy I was talking to like if he had “sent a dick pic yet” and if you could go hit on him instead, trying to roleplay kissing me then proceeding to say “if any girl in my class played TF2, I would hit on [her], but sadly no one does,” and getting on my Facebook/ Instagram to save pictures of me without my knowledge.

This was all before you resigned as staff, which no matter how many times you try to deny as an actual resignation, will always contradict what you told me. That you were sick of dealing with the people here and needed to move on.

This picture (sorry about the quality)
Screenshot (46)_LI.jpg
Is of a conversation you had with yourself after I said I would stop responding because you were being incredibly rude, where you proceeded to look up Shadow’s address, insult his profile picture, and call me a bitch. This went on for about three more pages of text.
Many times now in general chat you have started arguments, often staff members, which usually ended up in you spamming pictures of me that you had saved, sometimes made into memes degrading me and sometimes Omelet.

I think you are a disgusting person who cares only for themselves. I am aware that you have a folder specifically for pictures you have saved of me on your computer and I think that is hilarious. You are obsessed with a person who despises you and does not care what about what “blackmail” in the form of pictures you may have. You are only one person, thousands of miles away from me and I will not let you abuse anyone here anymore.

In conclusion, while you have more than enough experience as staff to do the job correctly, I believe that you have to have even some sense of empathy or at least not be a complete sociopath to be acceptable staff.

Xanerino

Am I doing it right?
Honorary Member ★
Honestly I was debating on what verdict to give after my initial read of this application. However, upon reading your app again and the replies given I think I can give a solid No. You have a past of causing trouble not only for the players but for other members of staff who then have to clean up your mess. A member of staff should not be a liability at any point, and I feel that giving you even moderator would be a severe detriment to the community not only short-term but also in the future.

Shadow

Headset Freak
Super-Admin ★
I don't mind people looking up my address since addresses are public in Sweden anyways.

However, I can't say the same about your attitude and how you've been treating players & staff here on Wonderland. Yes, when I first met you I was glad to see another swedish person aswell as I looked up to you since you were Super-Admin at that given time. Afterwards I started realising how much of a disgusting and despicable person you are. To put it bluntly, I despise you for how you're choosing to be as a human currently. Unless you show me that you've made significant improvements I won't be supporting you at all under any circumstanses.

Definite -1

EDIT:

Last edited:

Madi

Head-Admin
Head-Admin ★★
There's nothing left for me to add.

Application declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.