No private Steam profile. [ ✔ ] *
You must have sufficient forum activity. (At least 15+ messages!) *
* = mandatory requirement

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy):
18 (30/05/01)
SteamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ddezire
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): I'd say a 7, I'm fluent but grammar could be better in some areas.

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

Currently I am a full time student and work part time also. I would be available most days from around 4pm to 12pm WET/GMT and sometimes even later. My *usual* work schedule is Thursdays and Fridays 6pm - 11pm WET/GMT and Saturdays 10pm - 4am WET/GMT (Saturdays won't really be affected), I will struggle to be online during the days I work as I try maximise my rest so that I have enough time to run up and down the restaurant for 5 hours straight (as I am a waiter and wouldn't exactly have much energy for that).
In my previous application I said how I would not be able to be specific on what times I am available, that unfortunately still stands, I can be more specific, however, if assignments start creeping up on more or I am called in to work earlier than my usual times I will be unavailable during those times.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:

I have never before held an administrator or moderator position for another community, however as mentioned on my previous application I was in a vote for a small server a few years back which was for an admin role, and long term, trusted players were in said vote. I have however seen many run-ins with rule breakers, and therefore believe I am capable of handling said situations and would ask a member of staff to assist me if need be or if I am unsure of what punishment would be suitable.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will affect the community?:

I feel like my acceptance would allow for more ease, as I understand how vast wonderland servers are, there are a huge amount of servers and my acceptance would just mean one more available person to deal with rule breakers. I also tend to be indifferent and would end disputes as fast as possible. I once explained why my friend was gagged and why he deserved it when he was gagged by an admin. I will ultimately punish who needs to be punished, be it for racial slurs, breaking rules about spawncamping, or being toxic and purposely starting arguments.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:

Punishing people who refuse to follow rules, use offensive slurs, purposely start arguments and general toxicity, for a start. Also being active in the community (unfortunately I know my activity on Discord and on the Forums is way less than my activity on servers, that's mainly due to not being able to run Discord or a browser while in-game kills my CPU as it is very old, I do understand if this is a great enough downside for a -1, fortunately I should be building a new PC soon enough and be able to multitask and be much more active) would allow me to contribute to the community by being another trade plaza sniper main, because I know you guys just love those. In seriousness, I would love to be more active in the servers and once I am, I will be friendly to every and would enjoy having some jokes with everyone and getting to know as many members of the community as possible. I would also make a great attempt to help any newer players feel comfortable to join the community and show them that it is truly a friendly place.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:

I'm a trade plaza sniper main if I'm being honest. I play trade plaza for the most part as I find jailbreak as a game mode quite boring and my computer can barely run the maps, however I have read over the rules and would be confident with joining a server and knowing the rules or at the very least knowing where to look for the rules.
I have absolutely no problem joining a different server if I am playing with my friends, or even if I'm playing a seperate game (which doesn't happen to often) I would make an attempt to join and deal with something if nobody else is available. I am not going to limit myself to which servers I will join, the servers I play do not reflect the servers I'm willing to administrate. I will be where I'm told I'm needed.
I usually play for a few hours depending on how much energy I have or how many people are playing.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:

Unforunately I do not, however I am sure I will have no problem figuring everything out, I will not be afraid to ask for help where it is required. I am quite fast at learning to do new things, especially with commands as they should not be overly difficult to remember. My motivation to help as much as possible will drive me to learn every command as fast as possible, I do have someone I can go to for help with commands if need be. Worst case scenario I annoy my friend about what the command is, or I write them all out to have a list of commands.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:

I am a VIP+ and plan on making more future donations after I build my PC. I will potentially buy a few friends VIP+ at some point, but may also buy items to donate to staff members or do as giveaways for players once I reach a certain milestone like 1000 hours on Wonderland servers.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:

I am highly motivated to help wherever I can, I am able to play quite often and am willing to abandon what I am doing to respond to a staff call. As well as the fact that I won't limit myself solely to UK/EU servers, I am willing to play and administrate on NY and other american servers. I am also very willing to interact and befriend as many people in the community aswell, as well as punish those who need to be punished, whether I know them closely or not.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:

I would like to start by apologising for the shortness in answers, especially compared to my previous application. It's mostly due to the fact that the previous application I had spent months on (quite literally) and decided not to spend that much time on one application as I felt like if this one is rejected after spending 2 or 3 months on it I would get quite upset and be less motivated on the next application. It's also 7am as I write this, and I leave for college in about 30 minutes or so, so that's another reason.

I'm unsure how my chat logs look as of now, I have tried fixing them up as I know they were a major problem on my last application and I believe they are a lot cleaner than before, although I'm worried there may be some slip ups somewhere.

As mentioned previously, forum and discord activity are very low, but there are plans to increase that once my PC can handle running them all at once.

There's not much more to say other than, I have 2,400 hours, about 800 of them on sniper, so I have absolutely no social life and will be available quite frequently.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing feedback from everyone. <3

sowon

K-Pop Star
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Absolutely love your application, it's so detailed and full of energy and character, really gives us an idea of who you are as a person, and what your future looks like, fantastic answers.

You have a clean profile, and clean chat logs with literally zero insults, swears, vulgar language, you have a very mature and calm attitude, especially that in addition to your clean chat logs, I've noticed you also tend to remind users of rules, which I love as it shows that you have great knowledge of the rules, I praise your knowledge of the rules and how to be a good role model for the community. Very impressed with you!

Now onto your application:

I have never before held an administrator or moderator position for another community, however as mentioned on my previous application I was in a vote for a small server a few years back which was for an admin role, and long term, trusted players were in said vote. I have however seen many run-ins with rule breakers, and therefore believe I am capable of handling said situations and would ask a member of staff to assist me if need be or if I am unsure of what punishment would be suitable.
That's awesome, do you happen to have a reference as to what server this was for? I'm just curious. I also love that you've given your perspective on how you would handle sitautions if you were a staff member, and know your awareness of what to do, example of yours being to contact another to query what to do if you are unsure, very mature of you.

I feel like my acceptance would allow for more ease, as I understand how vast wonderland servers are, there are a huge amount of servers and my acceptance would just mean one more available person to deal with rule breakers. I also tend to be indifferent and would end disputes as fast as possible. I once explained why my friend was gagged and why he deserved it when he was gagged by an admin. I will ultimately punish who needs to be punished, be it for racial slurs, breaking rules about spawncamping, or being toxic and purposely starting arguments.
Very mature answer. I like that you are aware of the magnitude of reports flowing in and are eager to contribute to the team, I love your teamwork mentality.
I also like that you've given an example of how you've already affected the community through explaining to your friend why he was gagged, and most importantly why it was justified. I very much like your maturity around it.

I find jailbreak as a game mode quite boring and my computer can barely run the maps, however I have read over the rules and would be confident with joining a server and knowing the rules or at the very least knowing where to look for the rules.
I have absolutely no problem joining a different server if I am playing with my friends, or even if I'm playing a seperate game (which doesn't happen to often) I would make an attempt to join and deal with something if nobody else is available. I am not going to limit myself to which servers I will join, the servers I play do not reflect the servers I'm willing to administrate. I will be where I'm told I'm needed.
Jailbreak is this community's most popular gamemode, so there will be a degree of knowledge, playtime, and experience involved to handle Jailbreak reports. I do like your confidence in saying that you've read over rules and explained that you wouldn't object to Jailbreak reports. Believe me, I used to be in your situation where I did not play Jailbreak, it's not very intimidating once you get the fundamentals. In that sense, I'm sure you'd be fine!

I will not be afraid to ask for help where it is required. I am quite fast at learning to do new things, especially with commands as they should not be overly difficult to remember. My motivation to help as much as possible will drive me to learn every command as fast as possible, I do have someone I can go to for help with commands if need be. Worst case scenario I annoy my friend about what the command is, or I write them all out to have a list of commands.
I love your admittance to not knowing it all, it's very mature. I like to think I'm also a fast learner to some degree, and the learning process was fairly easy to pick up, I'm sure you'd have no problem if you were picked.

I am a VIP+ and plan on making more future donations after I build my PC. I will potentially buy a few friends VIP+ at some point, but may also buy items to donate to staff members or do as giveaways for players once I reach a certain milestone like 1000 hours on Wonderland servers.
That is heart-warmingly generous of you. You'd be like the Santa of Wonderland! I love your aspirations on how to contribute and how much you want to dedicate to this community, it's soulful and will definitely give you a good reputation!

I am highly motivated to help wherever I can, I am able to play quite often and am willing to abandon what I am doing to respond to a staff call. As well as the fact that I won't limit myself solely to UK/EU servers, I am willing to play and administrate on NY and other american servers. I am also very willing to interact and befriend as many people in the community aswell, as well as punish those who need to be punished, whether I know them closely or not.
Motivation in my view is the greatest asset to have, because without it, monotony becomes evident and you'll get bored. I too liken myself to be a motivated person, and can share your feelings!

I would like to start by apologising for the shortness in answers, especially compared to my previous application. It's mostly due to the fact that the previous application I had spent months on (quite literally) and decided not to spend that much time on one application as I felt like if this one is rejected after spending 2 or 3 months on it I would get quite upset and be less motivated on the next application.
Come on, don't be so hard on yourself. Your answers were all very concise, detailed, and highly personal. Probably some of the best answers I've ever read on an application!
I'm going to pretend I didn't read that second part, you claimed to be a motivated person, and personally being one of those, I expect those who claim to be motivated to persevere and be persistent. You can't flop so soon. Keep your chin up.

To summarise your lenghty but seriously heartfelt and personal application:
I find you a very prospective individual, at least on paper. You present yourself as a motivated, optimistic, and friendly person, and your profile and chat logs can definitely vouch for that. Your application is also a testament to how positive of a role model you have the potential to be, and to be honest, I would be hard-pressed to find you aren't a role model yet, you stand out as being a flagship member of the community, and how someone should behave on our servers.

I noticed you are a full-time student and have part-time work. I do like that you hold your hands up and acknowledge that your busy schedule might eat up into your time to moderate servers, but I personally would have no issue and would have full faith in you getting enough free time to put in adequate hours into moderation.
I also noticed you have a less-than-average system to use right now as you claim it can barely multitask Team Fortress 2 and Discord simultaneously, which will be a problem was those two apps are essential to efficient call/report moderation. Would Steam Overlay be a suitable substitution in the meantime whilst you are on your way to a new PC upgrade?

I find you an exceptionally strong candidate, and probably one of the most personal, as you ooze positive and friendly energy, honestly proud to even know you exist and play on Wonderland servers, given how clean of a reputation and knowledge of rules you have.

I would be up for having you, as long as your crutches - limited free time & system issues - would not hold you back.

+1

MisterGuac

Moderator ★
+1 for reasons stated above. As long as communication is not an issue and you find a way to use discord (Discord is essential for a staff member, all reports go through it.), I think you would make a great addition to our team.

Lime.

Pink Kirby
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★
agreeing with points above, +1

Dezire

Keeper of Secrets
★ VIP ★
Thank you all so much for the replies!

That's awesome, do you happen to have a reference as to what server this was for? I'm just curious.
It was a small surf server called Surreal Surfing that I joined back in 2016, it was quite new when I joined it and ended up spending most of my time there, accumulated around 1,400 - 1,600 hours on the server and then it was unfortunately shut down recently due to issues that I believe are financial issues.

I would be up for having you, as long as your crutches - limited free time & system issues - would not hold you back.
As long as communication is not an issue and you find a way to use discord
In response to the two quotes above, I plan on building the new computer very soon! I plan on taking out a loan to pay for it as it is pretty high specs and will definitely be able to run everything I need at once, so that won't be an issue, until I have it I will be using my greatest efforts to use discord on my phone to view reports at the very least. :D

Thank you all so much for the feedback, I cannot begin to thank you enough, it all really means a lot to me and I can't wait to see what other members of staff say. :D

Jinshee

Real Bird
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
I agree with the above points.
+1

Mew

Admin ★
Only thing that would possible concern me could be forum activity. Your posts go from Aug 15 - Jan 12 which is a pretty big gap. Though I do really like your in-game activity and the overall maturity that you've presented us. If you can keep up with maybe like 1-2 posts a week on the forums and check discord every once in a while I will have no problems with you. Good luck!

+1

Dezire

Keeper of Secrets
★ VIP ★
Only thing that would possible concern me could be forum activity. Your posts go from Aug 15 - Jan 12 which is a pretty big gap. Though I do really like your in-game activity and the overall maturity that you've presented us. If you can keep up with maybe like 1-2 posts a week on the forums and check discord every once in a while I will have no problems with you. Good luck!

+1
I 100% am trying to improve activity on both discord and the forums, will definitely try posting a minimum of twice a week!
Thank you for the feedback!

TK

Jailbreak Noob
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★
It's mostly due to the fact that the previous application I had spent months on (quite literally) and decided not to spend that much time on one application as I felt like if this one is rejected after spending 2 or 3 months on it I would get quite upset and be less motivated on the next application. It's also 7am as I write this, and I leave for college in about 30 minutes or so, so that's another reason.

I'm unsure how my chat logs look as of now, I have tried fixing them up as I know they were a major problem on my last application and I believe they are a lot cleaner than before, although I'm worried there may be some slip ups somewhere.
I appreciate your honesty and from what I've seen your applications looks good. I really like it, from what Sowon said, you're chat logs are much better than previously and I like that you will remind others of rules (always a good look in my eyes).

Only other thing I wanted to pick up on was the discord and forum activity and its already been mentioned so i shall not bring it up again. If these improve like you say they will I'm on board with you.

+1

Dezire

Keeper of Secrets
★ VIP ★
I appreciate your honesty and from what I've seen your applications looks good. I really like it, from what Sowon said, you're chat logs are much better than previously and I like that you will remind others of rules (always a good look in my eyes).

Only other thing I wanted to pick up on was the discord and forum activity and its already been mentioned so i shall not bring it up again. If these improve like you say they will I'm on board with you.

+1
Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

Scorch

I am not me
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Really the only problem I can see is the whole discord thing but as you said you will be building a new pc soon so that is negated. As long as nothing arises within the voting period I will happily give you my support.

+1

Dezire

Keeper of Secrets
★ VIP ★
Really the only problem I can see is the whole discord thing but as you said you will be building a new pc soon so that is negated. As long as nothing arises within the voting period I will happily give you my support.

+1
Thank you so much for your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.