Pending Diamitha's Actual Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Diamitha, May 18, 2018 at 3:21 AM.

Tags:
  1. Diamitha

Diamitha Member ★

Requirements:
    • No VAC/Game ban(s) on record | Info [ ✔ ]
    • Clean [+]SteamREP | Info [ ✔ ]
    • No active bans on the community. | Info [ ✔ ]
    • Member in our steam group | Info [ ✔ ]
    • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ✔ ]
    • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [ ✘ ]
    • Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ✔ ] *
    • Team player with great communication skills (English) [ ✔ ] *
    • No limited/F2P Steam account. | Info [ ✔ ]
    • No private Steam profile.*
    • Active on the forums.* (At least +10 posts!)
    * = must fulfill requirement

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): 21/12/1993
    SteamID64: (STEAM_1:1:164006965)
    Do you have a working microphone?: Yep
    How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): Second language but I use it the most so 9
    Will you be able to help donate monthly?: No.

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

Weekdays: 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM EST (Timezone differences may cause issues)
    Saturday: 1:00 PM – 11:30 PM EST
    Sunday: 1:00 PM – 11:30 PM EST
    A note for all of these is that the times I will be able to get on will be slightly eratic, I tend to get on daily but the times vary greatly, that being said I can communicate that if that is necessary.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
    Yes, I held the role of moderator on a Garry's mod server named WolvesVendetta. I held a senior moderator position on a server called Grox gaming. I also later held a position on a branch off of Grox gaming called Xorg gaming, where I held the rank of Communications Officer (Human Resourses Manager).

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
    I don't pay attention much to the forums (As is made obvious by my utter failure at knowing how they work), I did awhile ago but don't nearly as much as I once did, even then I only watched never really participated. So for forum activity, I could boost it, if need be. As for Server Administration, I see myself making it much less toxic. I tend to get on when there are few staff, so seeing what is there behind the scenes, I could stop spam, that annoying teleporter spawn entrance, and other things that sadly just don't tend to happen when I'm on.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
    I'd just most likely be a deckhand, only there to monitor the server and assure no wonkiness in occuring, so overall I'd provide someone to talk to (Because I sure don't mind listening) as well as being a level-headed and experienced staff member. That and I personally believe a community is more entertaining when it is less toxic, which I could help with.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
    I usually if not entirely play on Wonderland NY | Trading #2
    I play on this server on the times listed above, I may also occasionally wander off to the surf server if I get called over.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
    Nope, I used ulxmotd in garry's mod, although I've seen and heard it used through looking in chat, and from what I've seen it seems pretty simple.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
    I'd have to make a rough estimate on that, I played awhile ago on the surf server, but I didn't play on the trading server, additionally I didn't use the forums back then. As a rough estimate of how long "awhile" is, I'd say maybe a year or so. Although a thing to note is probably that the only "supporting" I do is in the form of telling people to stop doing dumb things and just playing on the servers.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
    Well, I have a decent bit of experience on the server, I've seen minges come and go, and have interacted with the player base quite a bit. So all in all, I'm just a guy that likes stability and just all and all wants everyone to enjoys themselves. Aside from that, I have past staffing experience from Garry's Mod and work as a Head of Staff in a security company in real life. (Ask if ya want, it's a long story)

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:
    Uh, sure, in terms of things about myself, I tend to be mellow, yet firm when I don't get my way. I will almost never resort to yelling because it is pointless and just makes situations worse, and I like peace and quiet when I'm not working. I have few hobbies, but I've made my own knives in the past, like to read in my chair, and listen to all sorts of music when I'm not chatting with friends. I don't drink because it's against my morals and I main random because I'm random. When it comes to things you need to know about me as a person, my past is dark but I don't really care, so yeah, love you all.

2. Shadow

Shadow Headset Freak Admin ★

This is something you should've worked on before applying.
    You also didn't have 10 forum posts pre-both applications.
    You're not known within the community aswell.
    You only play on NY Turbine (And occasionally on surf). We have over 100+ servers, are you as a staff member willing to join these servers if anything occurred?
    Your answer to question 2 & 4 needs to be improved. Answer 2: At what times did you hold these positions and for how long? Answer 4:
    So you wouldn't try and improve anything? What makes you stand out compared to other applicants then? Previous administration is always a bonus but alot of applicants has that.

I'm going to summarise everything to a -1. You need to interact more with the community both on the forums and on ourDiscordchannel aswell as having a larger server pool.

3. Diamitha

Diamitha Member ★

I'd be beyond willing to go to different servers if I was called upon, I've also joined the discord and will be on there at the times listed on my app. I'll try to boost forum activity as well, I've just found issues on finding things to actually act upon in forums, but I'll try regardless. I'll modify the actual application upon arriving home from work tomorrow, but I would gladly improve for the server, I'm not just applying to apply, I would love to make the community even better than it is, if I can't do so in my current state I'll just try more than I usually do and even go beyond that if need be.

4. Sanxis

Sanxis Self Control Admin ★

Sigh , another applicant making more empty promises about being more active...

I'm absolutely sure that you are honest with us even though I have found these little gems ( sarcasm )

dumb r4.png r1.png r2.png r3.png
    r4.png

Shadow already covered the rest for me so my vote is no

5. Youtuberchris

Youtuberchris Admin ★

Everything has been said, the fact that racism has been in your chat logs is enough to vouch a -1 from me.

6. Fighting Phoenix

Fighting Phoenix Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

7. Eight

Eight Restless Super-Admin ★

While I appreciate your good amount of activity in-game, there's various instances of insulting others along with what Sanxis mentioned that I simply can't get around. It's rule-breaking and especially inappropriate behavior for a staff applicant, I will not reconsider supporting you until you clean up your behavior. Furthermore, your forum/Discord activity is rather lackluster, and I haven't seen you file much reports or anything, and I'd advise you improve on all of those things so staff/others can better get to know you and we can see you putting more of an effort into helping the community. Other concerns I have include your narrow range of servers you play on, as we have many servers and therefore need staff who are experienced with multiple servers, and also the fact that you're sharing accounts with others, which can only go wrong.

8. purple

purple but i prefer orange Admin ★

You seem to be an issue on our servers and you don't have very high expectations of your self, and a majority of the reasons I have for you are also already stated above.

And for god sake's, fix your signature.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice