• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Disallow the Sticky Jumper and Rocket Jumper in Jailbreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malfunction

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 1, 2018
At least for BLU team. From my experience, BLUs never use the Jumper weapons for chasing a RED without damaging themselves or anything actually useful. Instead, BLU members that use the Jumpers tend to be the kind that delay rounds by jumping all over the place and fleeing from REDs, even if it is Last Guard, which is even more annoying when REDs don't have a Sniper or someone with really good aim, or if there is an LR active that makes it so REDs cannot get ammo or have a harder time trying to shoot the BLU. These Jumper weapon users are also the kind that wander off to play minigames and screw around instead of helping the Warden.

Even if you get a player that actually wants to do their job properly, the Jumper weapons are basically worthless. I have not seen or heard of a single case in which having any Jumper weapons helped with killing Rebellers and keeping REDs in order. The closest thing I've seen is the occasional successful Market Garden, but that's fairly rare in comparison to the number of failed Market Gardens and cases where a Rocket Launcher's high damage would be useful, but the BLU has the Jumper so they either die or have a much harder time trying to fight. And Demoman? There's not a single time I've seen the Sticky Jumper actually used for anything other than jumping all over the map as said before.

I think that disallowing it would lower the amount of BLUs wasting time during Last Guard and being useless to the team, as they would have to be concerned about self-damage if they try to just jump around and flee from the REDs. Plus, Guards might be motivated to try just shooting rebellers rather than going for Market Gardens or running away at the slightest sign of resistance from the RED team, since they have an actual damaging primary and not a utility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oreos

DuckGod

Waddle Waddle
★ Donor ★
Aug 1, 2017
the Duckpond
No, if you see people round delaying or not helping warden report them. Its their own choice what weapon they use. And I dont see the problem here, yes they might not be able to use rocket launcher, but you rarely use it, because if you do use it on reds, you are most likely to freehit. Also they have a shotgun to shoot reds with. If they want to market garden its their own choice. Its not your problem if they have a hard time to fight. And if the rocket jumper would be banned, you could go direct hit with boots, and take almost no damage, and then you have to ban direct hit aswell and so on.

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
I personally have a good experience with blues who use either jumper weapon. In most cases, I've seen them chase after rebellers and kill them quickly, especially if the rebeller is a Scout. Granted some demos who use the sticky jumper or Soldiers with the rocket jumper will delay but as Duck said, it's their own choice and just report them. Removing the sticky jumper is also an awkward thing to do because shields do not work and standard sticky bomb launchers can be problematic in terms of sticky trapping, making it the only viable demo secondary without the risk of freehitting.

=WL= Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 7, 2017
Right here
-support I've had guards that were really useful with the rocket jumper if nothing else to give info on where rebellers are going. I dont support removing specific weapons because if we were going to do that, we should just remove all but stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.