• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Discord Event Suggestions

Which of these sounds like a good idea to you? (My preference really is the talent show lol)

• Voice Chat Battle Royale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Discord Talent Show

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
Shout outs to @DuckGod and others that helped with the ideas of these 2 months ago (4/14)

One day during the Ex-Staff text channel, I was talking with others about some things, and then we started getting some ideas of events/things we could do for the discord server, and these 2 ideas/suggestions were probably the best out of the few ideas we had. I promised to make suggestion posts on forum for them, but never really did because I got busy with school and not failing my classes, then I kinda just, forgot.

First Suggestion: Voice Chat Battle Royale

This one is kinda self explanatory, but I'll explain it anyway.
In this event suggestion, since voice chats almost never happen in Wonderland, we could have a mass voice chat where a ton of people use the voice chats in the discord server, and the last one to last gets free VIP/VIP+ for their valiant efforts!

Whoever leaves the voice chat is DISQUALIFIED of any rewards. There could also possibly be events for 2nd and 3rd place, but the big gazer for the event is the free VIP.

We can have some of our wonderful staff to mute people, or better yet, everyone participating can also choose to put themselves in a muted channel, just in case they do NOT want to hear words, or if they don't want anyone to really speak, but want to participate.

What else can we do with this?

We can make it so those participating COULD change channels at SPECIFIC TIMES, or that they NEED TO CHANGE CHANNELS WHEN TOLD. This can be done to change it up a bit, or make it so those participating are actually paying attention, can kill those who are there to be there and not dedicated enough for the win.

Second Suggestion: Discord Talent Show

This one is also kinda self explanatory, but I'll explain it anyway.
In this event suggestion, we host a talent show in discord/discord voice chat, for those that are talented. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO SPREAD AWARENESS ON HOW TALENTED PEOPLE ARE IN THIS COMMUNITY!!!!! Almost anyone can participate in this too, which also helps raise fun.

This is a great way to get some people to be more connected, and also so that we can find out some neat things some people can do in this community, and if we need to, video chatting is always an option on the server voice chat so that they can quite literally show off their talent.

This was inspired by all of the talent show videos that have been popping up on Youtube and stuff, but even if it's slightly outdated, it's still possible to do, and it wouldn't hurt to do, since it's fun and gets everyone together.

There's 2 ways that this can go: the server can vote, or specific judges (pref admins/honorary) could be the appointed judges for the event.

A way everyone can vote is that we can use https://www.strawpoll.me/ for voting, or we can even make a discord text channel that everyone can vote in too, to make it cleaner.
Better yet, we can also have a person or two STREAM THIS EVENT as some appointed judges for the event/camera men.

WHY MAKE A DUMB FORUM POST ABOUT EVENTS?

Summer is coming up, and most of us are also ALREADY on Summer break. This is a great way for more people to join the discord server that aren't already there, and also a way for more people to participate and make this community more alive that it already is. We have a Winter/New Year/Christmas event, and we could have a dedicated Summer discord event.

We can have a variety of prizes too, not just free VIP, or just, credits. We could also do stuff like a credit booster in-game, or even game giveaways. What could also even be possible is unusual giveaways. Almost anything that could be given away in a giveaway that can even be noted, could be prizes for these events.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Giveaways have always gotten a lot of people in the Discord, although I am unsure how much of them stay afterwards.

Anyway, I don't really have an issue with any of these ideas, as long as someone is willing to host these events.

Status
Not open for further replies.