Resolved Donation website dropdown not functioning on certain browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limunaire

Jul 24, 2017
The dropdown for picking the kind of VIP package on https://donate.wonderland.tf does not function in both Chrome and Internet Explorer. Strangely enough, it does work in IETab (an extension in Chrome that uses the Internet Explorer renderer to display content in Chrome). It just looks terrible when using that.

This image shows the donation bar not working. When moving my mouse from left to right, I am repeatedly clicking.

Edit: Forum hates webp apparently. Here's the video instead.

Here you see the website in IETab. It looks rather uncomfortable, but I think it'd function.

NR8EtK8.png

Laurenz

Developer
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2017
Northern Europe
Yea the page is kinda broken atm, we are looking for a solution on how we will handle donating in the future. Thanks for pointing out the issue though.

Hi, it looks okay to me - I'm using Chrome 59 (latest) stable
DSU08N3.png

Do you have privacy badger by any chance? It might block the js resources for the select lib that are coming from cloudflare.
EXkA28Y.png

Last edited:

Limunaire

Jul 24, 2017
i have windows 10 pro edition do you have opera browser if yes try to use it there

Oh hey, it does work in Opera.

s8BfR6T.png

For arguments sake I also gave it a shake in Firefox, Edge and Vivaldi.

Internet Explorer: Broken
Google Chrome: Broken
IETab: Works, but looks terrible
Opera: Works
Firefox: Works
Edge: Works
Vivaldi: Works

Hope this helps figuring it out.

Tchernobyl (Tony)

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Baguette
Oh hey, it does work in Opera.

s8BfR6T.png

For arguments sake I also gave it a shake in Firefox, Edge and Vivaldi.

Internet Explorer: Broken
Google Chrome: Broken
IETab: Works, but looks terrible
Opera: Works
Firefox: Works
Edge: Works
Vivaldi: Works

Hope this helps figuring it out.
See told you :D , i think the problem is in javascript or flash player as chrome default setting is disabled

Limunaire

Jul 24, 2017
i think the problem is in javascript or flash player as chrome default setting is disabled

I don't think it's that simple.

The first point is that the website contains absolutely no flash elements. Even if Chrome blocked flash elements, it should have no impact on the site, as nothing would get blocked as a result of this.

Second is Javascript. The chrome console reports no rejected requests. Take a look at this image.

DpmQwk6.png

All these files are loaded on a force-refresh. Now the console:

XCZs3Zd.png

As you can see, the console is completely empty. If any resources weren't loaded by the client (privacy badger, NoJS, uBlock, you name it) this would pop up in the console:

rtjMV4V.png

In the sources, they'd look like this:

qvmp8g8.png

Chrome does not block JS by default either way, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Tchernobyl (Tony)

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Baguette
I don't think it's that simple.

The first point is that the website contains absolutely no flash elements. Even if Chrome blocked flash elements, it should have no impact on the site, as nothing would get blocked as a result of this.

Second is Javascript. The chrome console reports no rejected requests. Take a look at this image.

DpmQwk6.png

All these files are loaded on a force-refresh. Now the console:

XCZs3Zd.png

As you can see, the console is completely empty. If any resources weren't loaded by the client (privacy badger, NoJS, uBlock, you name it) this would pop up in the console:

rtjMV4V.png

In the sources, they'd look like this:

qvmp8g8.png

Chrome does not block JS by default either way, so that shouldn't be an issue.
At this point i really know what to we should ask Laurenz he's the good web dev

Status
Not open for further replies.