Resolved dr_castle_steveh_2c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
Hello, I return with more deathrun problems.

Short and simple, here's a video demonstrating a problem on the map: Video
Pretty obvious what should happen, but just as obvious what doesn't happen. As far as I can tell, the problem is that the plugin that wonderland uses blocks changing players health using AddOutput (a problem I think Skial has). I believe this MIGHT be caused by the same plugin that changes deaths health depending on how many reds are left alive, but I'm not really sure.

Screenshot of the bad trigger

Screenshot of a working trigger.

Solutions would be to either remove the offending plugin causing this, or to remove the map. Idk if EntSpy or EntEd would help as I've never tried those programs before for editing triggers (Just for the love of god, don't decompile the map). On the bright side, I BELIEVE that the creator might be remaking this map, but I'll maybe have to double check that at some point.

Another bright side is that the motivator does kill people who stay there, but if everyone else is dead, all it does is delay the round if they refuse to move or suicide.

Anyway that's all I have at the moment.

Reactions: sowon

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
It may have been just source acting out, or maybe there's some other reason to do with what the trigger is connected to. Either way, knowing worMatty as well as I do, there must have been a pretty good reason.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Played on this particular map a couple times, this annoys me every time but I hadn't reported it as I don't assume taking maps out of the deathrun rotation is a viable option, especially since this map is decent minus this one part.

I have a couple of users exploiting this bug thanks to Nvidia Shadowplay but again hadn't reported it as it seemed petty.

I will attach these clips if there is more attention brought to this technical issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.