• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

To Do Duck Hunt LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
This LR is much more complex than all of what I have suggested.

Technical:
BLUs are turned to snipers, REDs are turned to scouts. All medkits and ammo packs are gone from the map. Everyone is invincible for the first 15 seconds of the round to prevent REDs from dying when leaving cells.

Classes:
Scout:
All REDs are turned to scout with no primary, mantreads and no melee. They also gain a passive ability - infinite double jump. The scout's max hp is capped at 150. When the scout falls from the sky and gets a kill they regenerate 75 health, and may be overhealed indefinetely.
Sniper:
BLUs are all turned sniper with only stock sniper rifles with a 100 ammo, their secondary is an SMG that has a 100% damage penalty, a 95% reduced fire rate, 100% accuracy, an 80% reduced clip size and a 60% reduced reserve ammo size .The SMG applies a slow effect upon hitting a target for 1 seconds. The sniper also lack a melee.

Basics:
The scouts must fall onto the sniper with mantreads to deal damage, while the snipers must shoot them before they do so.

Rules:
Any delaying isn't allowed, same as Purge.
Snipers must not hide in low ceiling areas, can be guardbanned for it.
Going to medic or into water as RED or BLU is bannable.
Hiding in areas that are impossible to get into without the infinite jump is bannable.
Hiding in Minigames like where BLUs have to run into to kill you, for example "Pipe Game" as scout is considered delaying.

Reactions: Xypher

Snakewolf95

Apr 8, 2021
Infinite doubel jump can be pretty crazy and is kinda busted i guess i would put a cap on the jumps maybe like 10 or 5 or make the scouts be able to make 5 jumps but each jump is the height of when a scout would be holding a winger but besides that this would be pretty cool

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Scouts need to come down to kill the snipers, fall damage is still active, and bodyshots are also active, so they can be shot out of the air pretty much most of the time. The one thing that I might have missed is that the snipers should do above 75 damage on bodyshot, even with full charge.

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
Imo It would be a great idea, however I feel like there will be alot of arguement of a definition of a "low Roof area" or something around those regards.

I believe this has to be one of those lr's where it spawns reds & blues in a seperate area of the map. Due to the rule breaking that might occur making it less enjoyable.
Overlooking those points I just think adding A seperate part for this Lr, or editing the map for the Lr would make it very cool
+1

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
I suppose I should define low areas. I'll say those areas are where its impossible to deal above 20 fall damage, but this defenition may be balanced out later on. I haven't thought of the spawn in different areas thing, but I think I should pass on that because it would take a lot of time implementing spawn areas on every single JB map. Instead the 15 seconds of invincibility should do the trick. As for afk snipers in armoury, I think that if its possible that we could implement a mechanic where if a scout stands on a snipers head without falling off for 5 seconds it would instakill the sniper, to prevent afk snipers and to make some daring sneak attacks (some different kill icon will be included for those kills).

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
Nice idea, my only problem is the unbalance in damage which the snipers have the favor in, not only do they have higher damage (50), and they also have the smg while the scout only has (30-40) with the mantreds
I don't see this as a problem because the 1:2 balancing, but it can become one. (A fair fix would be to where it would be less damage for the scouts need to do to the snipers to kill them.)

Change "Snipers must not hide in low ceiling areas, can be guardbanned for it."
to "Snipers must be exposed to open air above their heads" (You can add other rulings with this as well)

I also see no problem with the infinite double jump, excluding maps with a high skybox, which can be prevented because we can enforce delaying.

Again we have no idea how it will do so tweaks will definitely be needed if this gets accepted.

Mentally Challenged

Jul 6, 2020
I feel like it’s kind of problematic for an lr especially on maps like hop jb (pretty sure this is the map with Burger King) where the only good spot is Burger King and a large portion is indoors as well as Wild West, and famousz, on the opposite side bad maps would be spacejail where a ludicrously large map and anti gravity makes it very ripe for delaying

Status
Not open for further replies.