Episode 1 of how to I Brownies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
So this is a new series i will be making i will upload a thread once a week for how to comment below what you think and give me ideas on what guides i should make it can be about anything , even TF2 i should make next. PLEASE DON'T HATE

Today's episode of how to will be about brownies personally i love the brownies that melt in you'r mouth not ones that are burnt.

Step 1 ingredients:
- 185g of dark chocolate you can use chocolate powder but you will need 130g of it
- 65g of plain flower
- 30g of coco powder
- 45g of white chocolate this is to even out the bitter taste of dark chocolate
- 40g of milk chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 270g golden caster sugar
- 185g of unsalted butter

Lets get ready to BAKE

Step 2 :Wash your hands than, Cut 185g unsalted butter into small cubes and tip into a medium bowl. Break 185g dark chocolate into small pieces and drop into the bowl if you are not using dark chocolate than you can use Chocolate powder.

Step 3 : Fill a medium saucepan about a 1/4 full with medium to hot water, then sit the bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Put over a low heat until the butter and chocolate have melted, stirring occasionally to mix them if you don't mic them than you'r brownies will come out rough.

Step 4 : Remove the bowl from the pan. Than, cover the bowl loosely with cling film and put in the microwave for 1.5-3 minutes on High depending on which microwave you are using. Leave the melted mixture to cool to room temperature. If you don't know hat room temperature is it is basically 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4.4 degrees Celsius) and 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 degrees Celsius), doubling in amount every 20 minutes.

Step 5 : While you wait for the chocolate to cool, position a shelf in the middle of your oven and turn the oven on to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas 4.

Step 6 : Using a shallow 20cm square tin, cut out a square of non-stick baking parchment to line the base. Tip 85g plain flour and 40g cocoa powder into a sieve held over a medium bowl. Tap and shake the sieve so they run through together and you get rid of any lumps.

Step 7 : Chop 50g white chocolate and 50g milk chocolate into chunks on a board these two ingredients are important because if we won't use them then our brownies will taste like coffee.

Step 8 : Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in 275g golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer ,you can use a manual mixer but this will take longer ,on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar. They will look thick and creamy, like a milk shake. This can take 3-8 minutes, depending on how powerful your mixer is. You’ll know it’s ready when the mixture becomes really pale and about double its original volume this is a good sign because we all love our brownies to be big and puffy. Another check is to turn off the mixer, lift out the beaters and wiggle them from side to side. If the mixture that runs off the beaters leaves a trail on the surface of the mixture in the bowl for a second or two, you’re there.

Step 9 : Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, then gently fold together with a rubber spatula. Plunge the spatula in at one side, take it underneath and bring it up the opposite side and in again at the middle. Continue going under and over in a figure of eight, moving the bowl round after each folding so you can get at it from all sides, until the two mixtures are one and the colour is a mottled dark brown. The idea is to marry them without knocking out the air, so be as gentle and slow as you like.

Step 10 : Hold the sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and resift the cocoa and flour mixture, shaking the sieve from side to side, to cover the top evenly.

Step 11 : Gently fold in this powder using the same figure of eight action as before. The mixture will look dry and dusty at first, and a bit unpromising, but if you keep going very gently and patiently, it will end up looking gungy and fudgy. Stop just before you feel you should, as you don’t want to overdo this mixing.

Step 12 : Finally, stir in the white and milk chocolate chunks until they’re dotted throughout.

Step 13 : Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping every bit out of the bowl with the spatula. Gently ease the mixture into the corners of the tin and paddle the spatula from side to side across the top to level it.

Step 14 : Put in the oven and set your timer for 25 mins. When the buzzer goes, open the oven, pull the shelf out a bit and gently shake the tin. If the brownie wobbles in the middle, it’s not quite done, so slide it back in and bake for another 5 minutes until the top has a shiny, papery crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin. Take out of the oven.

Step 15 : Leave the whole thing in the tin until completely cold, then, if you’re using the brownie tin, lift up the protruding rim slightly and slide the uncut brownie out on its base. If you’re using a normal tin, lift out the brownie with the foil. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into four squares and finally into triangles.

Step 16 : They’ll keep in an airtight container for a good two weeks and in the freezer for up to a month.

Enjoy , some of this stuff is from the internet since if i put it in my words it would be complicated

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.