• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted General Event Manager Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

just a muffin
Honorary Member ★
Sep 14, 2020
your dad's
Hey guys, it's Muffin.
So I noticed that there isn't an event manager role for Wonderland considering how big the community is. I think there should be a role dedicated to making weekly events for the community, whether it's in Discord, In-game, or forums. Yes, I understand that users in the community can start their own events, but that rarely happens. I think events are pretty important in a community to create a more engaging and active userbase.

Their responsibilities will be:
  • Planning and organizing weekly events for the community -- Create events with sufficient planning.
  • Manage and coordinate users responsible for event activities -- Manage those who are involved in the event.
The requirements will be:
  • An active member of the community -- Level 15+ on discord, have more than 30 posts on forums.
  • Have good communication skills -- Be able to communicate what the events are going to be, what to do, etc.
  • Able to think creatively of an event -- Able to create an event that is engaging and not repetitive.
I think that's the outline of what their responsibility and requirements are, there's also their powers and perks, but these could be discussed later on in the future. Their permissions would probably be the same as moderators in-game with maybe some more access to the funcommands of sourcemod, basic moderator privilege in discord and forum chat. Although this sounds like just another moderator with another name tag, this role will be specifically to create events with less moderation duties. But these permissions could be changed at a later date if this ever gets approved. But yeah, let me know your thoughts down below!

Rainbow Demon

★ Donor ★
Sep 19, 2019
Rainbow Hell
I don't think we need role like this. Admins and mods have control over the discord server and forum so they can do things like this. Also you say that it sound like another mod role but woith different tag and that's true so no need for something like this in my opinion. -1

Muffin

just a muffin
Honorary Member ★
Sep 14, 2020
your dad's
I don't think we need role like this. Admins and mods have control over the discord server and forum so they can do things like this. Also you say that it sound like another mod role but woith different tag and that's true so no need for something like this in my opinion. -1

I understand that, but I feel like there should be more events going. Although we have mods and admins they usually don't start events, so I feel like if there was a role dedicated specifically to creating events, there would be a more constant flow of events going on and a more organized one.

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
I would vote Neutral tho, but I think this is unnecessary.

-1, If I were you, I would just ask the staff if it's fine to post an event for me.

Muffin

just a muffin
Honorary Member ★
Sep 14, 2020
your dad's
No need for an event manager considering that people can manage their own event because they created it. But, if they need help of course and some people are willing to help than they have more people to help manage the event. -1 But, interesting concept nonetheless.

I think my message was lost in translation. I was thinking more so for server-sided events for example, "Saxton visits wln!trade, the first person to kill em gets 100k credits" or lets say "Send your best trick orders as a warden and the one with the highest vote wins a price". Another example would be lets say community war, like "Wonderland.tf vs BlackWonder" and etc. Those examples are what came through my head for what an event manager would do. I mean maybe with the occasional among us event and stuff like that.

I just feel like these events could offer better interaction with the community and encourage them to be active and involved a little bit more. Although it may not be interesting for those with 11 million credits but I think it can hook new players to be apart of the community.

Last edited:

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
I think my message was lost in translation. I was thinking more so for server-sided events for example, "Saxton visits wln!trade, the first person to kill em gets 100k credits" or lets say "Send your best trick orders as a warden and the one with the highest vote wins a price". Another example would be lets say community war, like "Wonderland.tf vs BlackWonder" and etc. Those examples are what came through my head for what an event manager would do. I mean maybe with the occasional among us event and stuff like that.

I just feel like these events could offer better interaction with the community and encourage them to be active and involved a little bit more. Although it may not be interesting for those with 11 million credits but I think it can hook new players to be apart of the community.
The only problem is that most people that play on the servers don’t always join the discord or forums and just play the game. The only way I would see this possibly work is if someone makes all of the events and manages them like an event manager but, there isn’t much use for it so my vote will stand for now.

Tronger

Commander in stupid
★ Donor ★
Sep 29, 2019
The Badlands
I would have to say -1 Because I think most people wouldn't be interested in small Events like those you have described in the post above. People would rather join in Big events like The current Banner event that is ending soon Because it can generate more hype instead of something else like that. Also on another note, this potentially could become a Mini mod role for these events and Wonderland has decided not to Have any staff roles Below moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.