Declined Evil Alf Unban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Alf

Apr 8, 2018
Hello, so apparently I'm a hacker and I absolutely without a doubt NEEDED a permanent ban straightaway, so I'm here to tell you that you fucked up. Let's get started!

Ban Profile Link:

https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=EVIL ALF&advType=name

and for good measure, here's my alt that I tried to connect with just for the sake of trying. Even if I wasn't banned on it, I wouldn't use it to login constantly, that's way too much effort on my part, and I don't think I'd last long since your legions of children will just keep calling admins on me and wasting their time trying to figure out how I'm "hacking".

Alt Ban Link:

https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=dirtydan1990&advType=name

Explanation:

A certain user by the name of Awollex, deciding that having had enough trying to play with players that just so happen to have more hours than him on a video game and thus have more experience playing it, decided to create a ban request on these forums just for the sake of spite and anger, branding me a hacker simply because I was beating him at the game. Here's the thread to that request:

https://wonderland.tf/threads/cheater-on-wonderland-ny-dm-duel-24-7.2100/

Now, while Awollex may have had real suspicions about me being a hacker just because I kept sniping him before he could 2nd scope me, I don't think that there's any real valid reason as to why someone should go out of their way just to get someone banned because they're better than them. By Awollex's logic, you should be banning every single, (non)reputable ESEA player in existence of TF2, and that's not counting the European competitive community. They're all hackers, clearly, because Awollex says so. In fact, you more likely than not have some of these people playing on your other servers, I wouldn't know personally but you guys seem to have a community that's in pretty good shape, so I'm assuming. Not to mention, on that dm_duel server in which this incident happened, an ESEA player by the name of "melon" literally came to, well, duel, so shouldn't he be banned as well just for being good?

Having said that, in my defence, I can see why someone like Awollex has the gall and rashness to simply label someone a hacker just for no reason other than "I think so", but I'd like to think that on the internet, we should all eventually act like adults, even if we aren't, and a part of being an adult is using critical thinking. Here's my take on it:

Here's what Awollex thought I was doing:

Here's what was actually happening:

I know these examples are a bit over exaggerated, since I wasn't "spinning" and I could have been just "silent aiming" (don't csgo people usually do that?), and cause I didn't record any footage for 'lols' to upload to youtube and become a billionaire from it (basically, I'm not a YouTuber), but I hope you get the point. These clips are, essentially, the two perceptions that happened that day, and unfortunately, the wrong one just so happened to act out out of spite and anger, rather than logic and reason.

So, now that you've learned what essentially took place that day, let me tell you why I'm not a hacker. If you look at my TF2 hours (which, admittedly, you can't see, but feel free to add me for confirmation, I'm not gonna unprivate my profile for no reason), I have nearly 5.7k hours in this game. Going on a limb here, I'm gonna guess that Awollex has under 1k hours, and judging by this profile I found on which he has the owner of this community added, that assumption proves to be correct, but feel free to correct me. My point is that this person clearly doesn't have the experience invested in this game to actually make any critical statement on whether someone is hacking or not, so they do it plainly out of frustration that someone just so happens to have invested more than they did. Nothing wrong with that, but it is quite unnecessary for them to have done what they did - like I said, spite, not reason.

Secondly, as witnessed by the two videos I posted above about essentially what took place, you can sort of imagine that this sort of thing happens daily. There are thousands of videos of the 2nd video where some guy who's good enough goes around on pubs and destroys people just for the sake of their reactions and hackusations. It happens a lot, and it shouldn't be a surprise to you that this person was simply one of the latter people who simply raged at the person who was beating them at the game. You could probably even find this happening all the time in your other servers, or practically any other community on this (and other) games.

Third and last point is that the owner himself has 6,000 and yet still managed to find reason to believe this hackusation. You have more hours than me, shouldn't you know better? This isn't an attack on you or your personal play time and what you chose to do with it, I'm just stating that by 6,000 hours, no matter what you did, shouldn't you have more common sense? Just because someone is able to track a stationary object like a sentry gun or a dispenser or, god forbid, a person who is AFK or otherwise is not necessarily moving very effectively, does that really automatically mean that they're hacking? I simply believe that the person who made this decision was too quick to make it. The evidence provided by Awollex is their ASSUMPTION, not their knowledge, they can only GUESS that I'm hacking, not actually effectively point out that I am, in fact, doing it, all because of their inability to comprehend the game well enough (yet). Also, one of your admins earlier, probably early in March or around the time when I first began playing on your server, was forced to come and decide whether I was hacking or not. I do not recall the person's name, but I believe they were a super-admin, if such a thing exists among your staff hierarchy. They said I wasn't hacking despite several people saying otherwise - if they could see past the B.S., why couldn't you?

As I said, this is not a personal attack on Xypher (who banned me), just a simple criticism of your decision making process. It just doesn't add up to me, but please, feel free to explain in detail your decision so that I can, perhaps, try to provide you with more information to prove my innocence.

Thank you for reading.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Alright Xypher made the ban and will be responding tomorrow, however there's some things I need to get out of the way:

We get many reports of people accusing users of cheating, the reporters themselves and their accusations have nothing to do with our actual decision-making process for banning a cheater. We examine the evidence given and make a decision on whether they are or are not cheating, and so ban. I say this because I think you could've saved a lot of the commentary on Awolex, them thinking you were hacking has nothing to do with the ban, Xypher determined you were hacking from the evidence they gave, not from them saying you were.

Furthermore, hours is irrelevant to a degree with one's skill with the game. What I mean is, there's been high hour TF2 players who've been caught cheating, and players with much less hours than you claim to have who are skilled with the game and detecting cheats. While we may take it into consideration, we don't base banning or not banning suspected cheaters based on amount of hours.

But I digress, I don't want to have a big discussion about hours or Awolex since it's frankly irrelevant. Getting down to business, I'd like if you could unprivate both Steam accounts of yours, as it'd help us better consider this appeal.

Evil Alf

Apr 8, 2018
Alright clearly you've ignored pretty much everything that I wrote. I unprivated my profile for your leisure, that's fine, but to say that hours don't matter? Hours VERY much do matter, clearly you don't understand the concept of PLAYING the game, versus sitting there and administering little children and telling them not to say mean words to each other. Hours DO tell the story, please don't make these kinds of statements when you've no idea what you're talking about. Yes obviously there will be pockets of people from quake who already have high skill levels playing FPS games, but don't tell me that a under 1k hour tf2 player knows more than a 5.7k hour tf2 player. That's simply absurd.

I would LOVE to see the amount of "high hour tf2 players" who have been caught cheating, and getting VAC-banned. I've never heard of any personally.

Thank you for clarifying your decision making process, but that's not my point at all. I'm glad you told me it's not how it works, but based on what Xypher had to work with, it definitely is how it works - all he based his decision on is a video that was spectating me playing the game. Where is the word-for-word hacking in it, anyway? This is my point. You don't have any actual evidence. Just assumptions.

Please evaluate carefully next time. That's my entire point. Thanks.

Mycin

survives off coffee and bagels
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 27, 2017
Vermont
Being rude to staff will not get you anywhere. Hours can easily be farmed or idled, thus hours have little meaning on the skill of a player. The board of staff who watched the video have extensive experience playing the game, both casually and competitively. As for high hour TF2 players caught cheating, here >CLICK< is a list of 170 professional player who were caught cheating after a VAC update. Pulling at straws in replies will not help your cause, I suggest you patiently wait for Xypher to respond.

Reactions: Eight

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Thank you for clarifying your decision making process, but that's not my point at all. I'm glad you told me it's not how it works, but based on what Xypher had to work with, it definitely is how it works - all he based his decision on is a video that was spectating me playing the game. Where is the word-for-word hacking in it, anyway? This is my point. You don't have any actual evidence. Just assumptions.

Please evaluate carefully next time. That's my entire point. Thanks.
I don't see how my explanation of the decision-making process incorrect based on what you said? We reviewed the evidence (and yes, recording a user's gameplay is actual evidence of them cheating, that is just the standard form of proof given for cheating in TF2), and determined you were hacking. I'm saying we don't ban people based off of a player just claiming they are hacking, we ban off of observing them actually cheating. We will respond to those claims, sure, but we won't ban solely off of them and I was saying that because you made an entire part of your appeal dedicated to discrediting Awolex when frankly Awolex's background doesn't matter to our investigation into their report.

Evil Alf

Apr 8, 2018
Perhaps you should consider actually reading and interpreting what I've written, instead of making absurd one-off statements, then. In no way is me sugarcoating going to change the subject nor will it change facts. While you have a point that hours can be idled or farmed, I don't think that a basic depiction of a person supposedly "hacking" in Team Fortress 2 is a good cause for thinking that I idled a bunch of hours and decided to start hacking on your server "just because". Point still stands - poor evaluation on the part of the person banning.

Thank you for the statistics, though. Good insight into that area.

I'll stop replying now. Best of luck on your re-evaluation.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Perhaps you should consider actually reading and interpreting what I've written, instead of making absurd one-off statements, then. In no way is me sugarcoating going to change the subject nor will it change facts. While you have a point that hours can be idled or farmed, I don't think that a basic depiction of a person supposedly "hacking" in Team Fortress 2 is a good cause for thinking that I idled a bunch of hours and decided to start hacking on your server "just because". Point still stands - poor evaluation on the part of the person banning.
Perhaps I was a bit unclear with what I said. I'm not claiming you idled hours, I'm saying hours are, to an extent (not completely dismissing them), irrelevant to whether a person is cheating or not and their legitimate skill with a said game, given what I've mentioned above. Yes, of course higher level players will be more skilled on average, but it's inaccurate to base whether a user is cheating or not and/or their accuracy/knowledge of TF2 solely because they have more/less hours.

But yes, I think it's a good idea the conversation comes to an end until Xypher, the user who banned, gives their input, as this conversation won't go anywhere until then.

Xypher

Owner ★★★
Jul 11, 2017
the clouds

0:21 - snapping onto a cloaked spy
1:25 - after killing the engineer, you snap onto the sentry
After your ban, you decided to join with an alt account the next day which got auto-banned for duplicate account.

After banning you, your friend, who seemingly is no longer in your friend list referring you as "this person", "bye proto (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044778132/)" added me and started questioning me about the ban I made. His claims were identical to yours;
  • Having a lot of hours put into the game means the chance of being a cheater nil.
  • Questioning my abilities detecting a cheater with 6k hours myself.
  • Banning him for a stv recording, bear in mind that this is an actual recording and not a stv nor a demo recording. (nvidia shadowplay)
  • Telling me that I should know better.
They decided to browse the forums that day out of nowhere(?), and question this certain ban.
Plus, you have another ban on a different community. (which seemingly only gave you an hour ban for Aimbot)

https://bans.retroservers.net/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:30461493&advType=steamid
https://bans.retroservers.net/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:30461493&advType=steamid
MOD/COUNTRY DATE PLAYER ADMIN LENGTH
tf2.gif
us.jpg
09-19-15 15:55
þáríàh
CONSOLE 1 hr (Expired)
BAN DETAILS
Player þáríàh
Steam ID STEAM_0:0:30461493
Steam3 ID [U:1:60922986]
Steam Community 76561198021188714
IP address
us.jpg
Invoked on 09-19-15 15:55
Banlength 1 hr (Expired)
Unban reason no reason present
Unbanned by Admin CONSOLE
Expires on 09-19-15 16:55
Reason Aimbot
Banned by Admin CONSOLE
Banned from RetroServers.net #E01 || Trade #1
Total Bans No previous bans
Blocked (0) never

This ban is valid, and thus shall not be removed.

User details for archiving purposes:
Main:
| steamname: DRAGONBLOODWOLFSHADOWSAND
| steam3ID: [U:1:60922986]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:30461493
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021188714
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IMURDEREDAROCK
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198021188714

Alt:
| steamname: dirtydan1990
| steam3ID: [U:1:109028896]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:54514448