Accepted Falsely banned for suspicion of aimbotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob

Aug 24, 2018
1.) Include your ban profile link:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198380669330

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:

These are my previous appeals, please read them.

https://wonderland.tf/threads/tragically-mistaken-for-aimbotting.3671/

https://wonderland.tf/threads/appeal-denied-for-wrong-reasons.3882/

https://wonderland.tf/threads/wrongly-banned-for-suspicion-of-aimbotting.5290/

https://wonderland.tf/threads/appeal-denied-for-wrong-reasons-again.5310/

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
My appeals are still being denied by people who don't read what I have to say. At the very least, before closing the thread and putting the "denied" stamp on it, ask me questions. I will take the time to respond. The four links above are my journey so far. I'm sure a lot of your questions can be answered by past me in those links, but if you want me to expound on any of my points, please ask. I feel like it's also necessary to state at the end of the "Tell us why we should unban you" portion of the appeal that I did not, never have, and never will cheat on this or any TF2 server. Thank you for having an open mind.

Mifil

I like Touhou
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 5, 2018
Alright, I'll give you that benefit.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/meepminer/ <--- This account, which I assume is your main one, was banned by the system for being a duplicate account (meaning you connected to the server with this account, while another one of yours was banned at that time).

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198802484337 <--- This one seems to be your alt. I assume you made it to try to play on our servers, but system also banned it, again, for avoiding ban. Seems to be dead now.

Both of those accounts share the same IP as the account you have provided. The one you provided was banned for cheating by one of the admins that unfortunately aren't in our team anymore.

So you can explain, what happened that day (24th of August). I hope to hear a good explaination that would actually prove your innocence.

Noob

Aug 24, 2018
TRASH'S ACCOUNT
Thanks for responding, you're the best admin yet! The first thing I tried to do was find out the exact date when I made the "Trash" account. That is my alt, and I only really used it for TF2. Because I haven't made any purchases on the account, Steam won't give me any badges. This was a problem, because I thought the best way to find out when my account was made was to see the "Years of Service" badge you get after having an account for at least a year.
This is probably the best way to get an exact date. I went into the email I used for the alt, and found an email from steam verifying the new account. Trash was made on January 3rd, 2018. If the 24th of August is when I was originally banned, this means Trash was made before I was banned, and the account wasn't made to try to get around your server's ban. I've been banned quite a lot from servers (then unbanned 'cause I'm just the best at proving innocence), so I know how IP bans work. Making a new account to avoid a ban should never work. Just in case you wanted to see, I made Trash's account unprivate, so you can check my hours for TF2 n' all that.

MY MAIN ACCOUNT, "MEEPMINER"
The reason my main account, Meepminer, was banned by the system for being a duplicate account was because I accidentally clicked on it, not remembering I was banned from it.
Here is a screenshot of my main account's TF2 favorites list. I'm positive I've accidentally clicked on Wonderland's server more than just once. It happens.

WHY ALT ACCOUNTS?
I have about 5 or 6 alts for TF2, and the reason is ridiculous. The accounts' only purpose was to fill the top 10 slots on the gameME leaderboard of a TF2 crit server called VigilanteGamers (VG). That server is 80% of my 830 hours for Meepminer, my main account. That server was the best. It had grappling hooks, all crits, low gravity, and it was on the Mario Kart map. I'm speaking in past tense because that server isn't up anymore, and VG only hosts CS:S servers now.

Here is an old screenshot of what the leaderboards used to look like. Meepminer, Meepminer's Second Profile, Meepminer's Third Profile, (Blank), and Noob were all me.

Not only did the accounts fill up the leaderboards like I wanted, the accounts also made it look like a completely new player was kicking everyone's asses, and I thought that was neat. Whenever I joined the VG server, everyone would go "ugh, Meepminer." And some would even disconnect immediately. While I was flattered, that was no fun, and I wanted that reaction from people that said, "This guy's a hacker, there's no way!" It's a selfish reason, but that's how I had fun. I don't do that anymore because the server is gone, and managing several accounts at once is a hassle, especially when one of them gets banned.

SO ARE YOU HACKING OR NOT?
Here is one of many videos I have unlisted that give an example of the kind of feedback I would get just by playing. This is the server I was talking about before, with the grappling hooks.

I was autistically good as Sniper on that server. I truly believed that I was the best at what I did, and very few players matched my skill, as cocky as that sounds. ^ Here are my hours for Sniper.

August 24, 2018 was a long time ago. From what I remember, Wonderland was NOT a crit server, but it had grappling hooks and it was on the Mario Kart map that I liked. I gave it a go, for whatever reason on my Noob account (perhaps I was playing on VG beforehand, got off it, and got on Wonderland). I was doing quite well, despite it being a non-crit server. (Non-crit servers are more challenging for me, because I actually have to ADS, instead of no-scoping which I normally do. The game doesn't register a headshot with the default sniper rifle unless you scope in.) I assume some players were suspicious of me, so they called in an admin to spectate. The admin saw me being a 1337 3p1c pwn3r l0rd and permabanned me on the spot.

As for proving innocence, without a shadow of a doubt, that's more difficult to do. On the contrary, the admin who banned me hasn't proven that I was cheating either. It was only his or her suspicion from a few minutes of spectating me. I understand it's the admin's word over mine, but I've basically given my TF2 life story in this response as an explanation for my actions. I can provide more videos, screenshots, threads to bans on other servers for the exact same reason as my ban from Wonderland where I have convinced admins that I am innocent and was then unbanned, and if you really want to subject yourself to more reading, I'm happy to answer any questions or lingering doubts you have about this ban. Blows smoke coming from my keyboard

Last edited:

Mifil

I like Touhou
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 5, 2018
I don't think a cheater would go that far that they would write a pretty long explaination that connects the dots quite well. Yes, That Wonderland server wasn't a crit server. It was a NY Mariokart server. I more than sure you aren't cheating and you explained, why you have so many alts. I'll unban you.

However, the behaviour that you had shown on VG server could fall under trolling on our servers. Because the reason you made those accounts was essentially to pretty much have a laugh at people that you made mad due to your sniper skills. You really just ask for such a treatment because, well, it feels like something for you. Fulfilling ego quota, proudness, drama? I don't know. But the essence is just simple: If you do play on our server, I suggest you avoid using other accounts. Not only because of what I just said, but also staff members are more suspicious of users, who play really well and use several accounts. Just try to change that mindset.
Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.