Favorite Authors and Quotes

Mycin

survives off coffee and bagels
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 27, 2017
Vermont
I dig books, they're pretty cool. Let us know your favorite author, and maybe give us some of your favorite quotes from them.

My favorite is H.P. Lovecraft, his books take place in New England (where I live) two of his books even take place in Vermont (my state).

Quotes:
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.

Adulthood is hell.

(and for @Xypher )
Cats are the runes of beauty, invincibility, wonder, pride, freedom, coldness, self-sufficiency, and dainty individuality - the qualities of sensitive, enlightened, mentally developed, pagan, cynical, poetic, philosophic, dispassionate, reserved, independent, Nietzschean, unbroken, civilised, master-class men.

Liquidation

Still in college
★ Donor ★
Jul 19, 2017
N/A
My favourite Author is Definitly Lee Child, He has written amazing books and his personal best in my opinion is the "Jack Reacher" Thriller books, I currently have about 20 of them and I enjoy each one of them, he seems to hook me in with each page and always ends the chapters on something that makes me want to read on to find out more.
(Forgot to mention my current favourite book has to be Lee childs Jack reacher thriller "Killing floor"
"I would describe myself as a human being who could not become a complete puppet, I am an unfinished puppet, whose lifeless frame still contains a beating heart at its core. I am neither dead, nor am I alive." - Sasori
"My old puppet body… Suddenly it all seems so pointless. I now have the body I've always desired, one that will never rot or decay. I've truly become a puppet in every sense of the word." - Sasori
"Since I don't like to wait or make people wait… I'll end this quickly." - Sasori
(Sorry decided to do 3 because I like all of the quotes equally lol).