Favourite Deathrun maps!

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
Yey, deathrun. The easiest gamemode to learn and play. Take that, jailbreak!

Anyway list however many deathrun maps you like, that are on your list of favourites! And if you have the time, maybe a reason. Your call.

For me, these are the top three:

dr_playstation_final

Yes there are a lot of people who complain about this map being played so much it should be called dr_overplayedstation, but if you just take a step back and think about how much effort this map will have taken to create, it's a brilliant piece of art, that was only works in a gamemode like deathrun. The deathrun course being based off of the toy story game, a zurg AI boss fight, and minigames like normal ones in other maps, but brilliantly themed like ones for the playstation console. To top it all off, the map is only about 56mb, so it's a really small download.

dr_r60d_redux

The old version of this map (dr_r60d_x3) was one of the first deathrun maps I ever played in TF2. While some meme maps die pretty quickly due to the memes being outdated and painful, this one has a certain charm to it, giving it plenty of replay value, and even years after the original came out, it's still fun to play on. Oh and there are a TON of secrets, so it takes a fair amount of time before someone can say they've seen every part of this map.

dr_cryptnecrodancer

The music, the textures, the layout, the traps... This map is phenomenal in every way imo. The traps are all fair in terms of size, and they're layed out obviously using alternating textures, or an obvious layout change in the map, displaying that something will likely kill you if you stand somewhere for too long. To top it all off, necrodancer soundtrack. I don't even have to say anything else on this topic.

Anyway those are just 3 of the many deathrun maps out there. It'll be interesting to see what others think of other maps out there.

Anyway, have a nice day.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Can't remember the exact map names, but I'll list a couple I like:

dr_playstation
I too like the gameplay quality of the map, it's one of if not my favorite deathrun map because of the diversity of the traps such as the elevators, the Zerg boss battle before the PlayStation minigame once you've beat him. The minigames once you've reached the console are so fun, and what can make them interesting (or not depending on who you ask) is that there's a secret cheat code disc which can help players in the minigames.

I honestly forgot the name of the map but I'll describe it
The map is basically a parkour map inside a toxic waste facility, with the ending having 3 different doors plus an instant win button. There's a lot of lasers involved in this map, especially the last trap before the end which has moving lasers across the slide you have to go down.

Those are the most memorable deathrun maps that I like, because I honestly like all of them, or at least the ones I have played in rotation.

Reactions: Coronarena

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
I honestly forgot the name of the map but I'll describe it
The map is basically a parkour map inside a toxic waste facility, with the ending having 3 different doors plus an instant win button. There's a lot of lasers involved in this map, especially the last trap before the end which has moving lasers across the slide you have to go down.

I believe that map is dr_dangerzone by "CH". I don't think it's in rotation, but it'd be cool if it was. Although with a plugin a lot of servers use (wonderland uses this plugin) (Source:Stripper is the name) it's a bit of a pain to get working.